Beastmen and Mount System

• TF#5 - LEGATE

As I and @Vengu disscussed in my question topic about mount system, I think we need to discuss more about the question Should the MOUNT SYSTEM be available for BEASTMEN? (A). My opinion, the primal form (1) should be not only the unique form but also the replacement for the mount system of the beastmen (B). I thought about some sequences:
    (Question (A) has two answers "Yes" or "No"; (B) is "True" or "False")

• If (A) was Yes and (B) was False: nothing would change (I).
    • If (A) was No and (B) was True: the foundation level 35 reward should be changed (C), humans and demons could mount in combat (II).
    • If (A) was No and (B) was False: so (C) and beastmen should have something that replace the mount system (III).

In addition, I suggest that some functions such as stealing, damaging items stored in mount or the mount itself should be added to the game, force players to manage their mount carefully. Also beside the "cavalry", a mount could fight alongside its master whose mount was beast or other creature.

(1) Beastmen have two forms: beastman form which they can stand like humans and primal form which they are totally animals (except their minds).

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Beasts riding other beasts. Pretty classic, don't see no problem with that.

I just hope that they can make it make sense in terms of relative size of the rider/ridee.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@holyavengerone said in Beastmen and Mount System:

Beasts riding other beasts. Pretty classic, don't see no problem with that.

I just hope that they can make it make sense in terms of relative size of the rider/ridee.

Yeah, if there is only beastman form. But there is primal form too. Humans can never win the race with tigers, wolves, harts or even bears. If beastmen can change their form to increase the speed and gain the abilities which is suitable for certain situation, why they even need to have ridee?

My point also lead to another thing to discuss, that are we able to mount during combat (kind of cavalry or somthing)? I highly suggest that, the sandbox should have some noise.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't see any problem too about mounts for beastman. They may use their primal form only in battle, and they can use mount in their beastman form as a human do it.
    But the idea of cavalry is really insteresting !

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Riding other beast isn't only about speed. It is also about carrying more goods and stamina - you can ride for half a day and still be able to do other things but after walking for half a day you need to rest.

So I can see the need for beastman mounts and vehicles.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Assuming a beastman behave similar to a human in case of appearance I'm sure beastmen would indeed ride/use beasts ("lesser" animals) big or small. I agree it would be not a practical thing for all kinds of situations, maybe sometimes just to show you are stronger than others by taming a big wild beast. The survival aspects are a nice touch too if considered this way.

Don't know what I think of mounting DURING combat. Maybe too much bug potential (like getting stuck in the animation, being invincible, etc). But we'll see 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@tulukaruk said in Beastmen and Mount System:

Riding other beast isn't only about speed. It is also about carrying more goods and stamina - you can ride for half a day and still be able to do other things but after walking for half a day you need to rest.

So I can see the need for beastman mounts and vehicles.

You're right about the carrying and stamina.
    About vehicles, if they would be in the game, only human should have those thing. They lack of physical power and even the magical too compare to demons and beastmen. So their crafting, technologies should be better than the others, include vehicles. If beastmen had vehicles, human would have some supercars lol.

@casgadom said in Beastmen and Mount System:

Assuming a beastman behave similar to a human in case of appearance I'm sure beastmen would indeed ride/use beasts ("lesser" animals) big or small. I agree it would be not a practical thing for all kinds of situations, maybe sometimes just to show you are stronger than others by taming a big wild beast. The survival aspects are a nice touch too if considered this way.

Don't know what I think of mounting DURING combat. Maybe too much bug potential (like getting stuck in the animation, being invincible, etc). But we'll see 🙂

Yes, the survival aspects, hart-kin for example, they may use their primal form to escape according to the spotlight #1.
    By the way, we shouldn't worry about the bug, the devs they will do their best.

@esher said in Beastmen and Mount System:

I don't see any problem too about mounts for beastman. They may use their primal form only in battle, and they can use mount in their beastman form as a human do it.
    But the idea of cavalry is really insteresting !

Also I was thinking that mounts could fight alongside their master whose mounts were beasts or other creatures

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@holyavengerone Yeah I hate when there is a huge player riding a donkey sized horse, on the flip side of that I sometimes make my character as large as possible so I can have a huge war horse.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@lehuan5062 said in Beastmen and Mount System:

You're right about the carrying and stamina.
    About vehicles, if they would be in the game, only human should have those thing. They lack of physical power and even the magical too compare to demons and beastmen. So their crafting, technologies should be better than the others, include vehicles. If beastmen had vehicles, human would have some supercars lol.

Vehicles are needed for beastman if they're supposed to have merchants.

next questions: Do beastmen use animals for carrying the vehicles or are they hiring fellow beastmen? 😄

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Also I was thinking that mounts could fight alongside their master whose mounts were beasts or other creatures

True. They could just combine mount and pet system into one for beastmen 🙂

@tulukaruk said in Beastmen and Mount System:

True. They could just combine mount and pet system into one for beastmen 🙂

So everyone is going to ride this cute lil fendir? 😞

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@lohen Fendyr is more a pet than a mount 😛 I don't think he can carry the weight of a hellfire demon ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Is there information saying that there WILL be a mount system?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If there is a wolf mount in reward in the Foundation I suppose there will be a mount system ^^

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@chrightt said in Beastmen and Mount System:

let's check the foundation level 35 reward

@lohen said in Beastmen and Mount System:

hiring fellow beastmen?

Would be insteresting seeing how the boss treat the naughty worker lol

I don't see a reason why a beast shouldn't ride a beast, since humans are beasts as well (we just tend to forget that).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain Why not Beastman riding Humans ? 😛 It can be funny ^^

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@esher said in Beastmen and Mount System:

@logain Why not Beastman riding Humans ? 😛 It can be funny ^^

This is the best chain of comments I've read in this forum so far. Since humans, demons and beastmen are equal, why only the beasts are the mounts? It's not fair lol

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@chrightt said in Beastmen and Mount System:

let's check the foundation level 35 reward

I want it !!!😁

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured