Firendly fire?

• The kickstarter video mentions "hurting someone you didn't intend to" with the combat system. Can we get more clarification on how friendly fire works?

It's been mentioned that good players can't hurt each other even with friendly fire, and that people partied together also won't be able hurt each other. Won't that lead to an imbalance in large scale fights between groups of good players vs neutral/evil players?

Will non partied guild members be able to accidentally hurt each other? What about alliances?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@target said in Firendly fire?:

The kickstarter video mentions "hurting someone you didn't intend to" with the combat system. Can we get more clarification on how friendly fire works?

It's been mentioned that good players can't hurt each other even with friendly fire, and that people partied together also won't be able hurt each other. Won't that lead to an imbalance in large scale fights between groups of good players vs neutral/evil players?

Will non partied guild members be able to accidentally hurt each other? What about alliances?

let me hit up the search box, it's been explained...

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/1750/questions-answers-after-the-gameplay-video
    I'm still using search so i'll edit as I find post.

• Coming from Albion, I'm in full support of friendly fire. It's one of the things this type of game could really benefit from. Take a look at the large almost mindless zerg vs zerg battles from AO castle fights etc. While there is some strategy at a higher level, the majority of fighting was more about lag and mindless clicking then anything else. Friendly fire would be a great addition IMO.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

As in abovementioned link, the devs exclude FF if you team up in same crew, but might reconsider their decision.

I really hope they do reconsider this.
    FF would be such a nice challenge in this game and much more fun and more tactician needed
    I really hope they keep FF no matter what team you form.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Well I like the Idea of FF but I kinda fear the Griefers and Trolls taking advantage of it ^^

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@holyhong yes, I agree too... although I'm not very good at aiming either. XD

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@kellock93 well, Trolls shouldn't be a reason for us to optimise our gameplay experience. If Trolls wanna mess up with our games they gonna do it in some ways, unfortunately.

At least with FF on, we can kill them isntantly (as well). Besides, one should only match up in teams with people you know you can have fun with anyway and not just random folks, isn't that right?! 😉

@kellock93 said in Firendly fire?:

Well I like the Idea of FF but I kinda fear the Griefers and Trolls taking advantage of it ^^

good aligned players can't attack nor FF other good players. IE the beast planet will not have FF even when the demon invasion happens. Unless i'm understanding it incorrectly.

It would make sense that players from same guild or guild alliance also would not be able to hurt each other with friendly fire.

@gothix said in Firendly fire?:

It would make sense that players from same guild or guild alliance also would not be able to hurt each other with friendly fire.

that would cause people to join 1 guild. they'd have to limit membership or something else.
    it could create 1 alliance so people wouldn't cause harm to same alignments.
    Beast already can't harm any good alignment characters so they'll always have an advantage in invasions. this is why I want it complete for everyone.

Pft, you'll need more than FF turned off to repel a demon attack 😈

@zidroc said in Firendly fire?:

Pft, you'll need more than FF turned off to repel a demon attack 😈

when all demons have FF on and beast have it off, it'll be much easier for the beast.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hmmmm, some clarification on the FF would be nice...

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Actually I find the idea of FF a good change from many MMOs I have played. It gets old watching a large group of PCs all bunched together attacking one enemy. FF will force the use of tactics instead of mass bombardment.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Using tactics ? Bof, others can die cause of my spells, I don't care 😛 FF is pretty interesting, it will be the first time I play at a game with it, and it could be interesting 🙂 We'll might not see a huge explosions of light in a big battle because we all need to care of our allies (or not)

@esher said in Firendly fire?:

Using tactics ? Bof, others can die cause of my spells, I don't care 😛 FF is pretty interesting, it will be the first time I play at a game with it, and it could be interesting 🙂 We'll might not see a huge explosions of light in a big battle because we all need to care of our allies (or not)

demons are like "what are friends" cast rain of fire

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I absolutely agree.
    FF adds tactical combat and will prevent mass attacking without needing to "care" about your teammates. Without FF it is just boring or nothing special as in other MMOs.

However, it seems difficult to be implemented, if there is no PVP for beastman's planet or beastmen themselves.
    Only solution to implement it I can imagine so far is, that PVP in general is switched off on beastman's planet... Which would beastmen allow to kill each other on other planets again, which is still not planned to be possible, if I am correct.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm afraid that Friendly Fire would turn a lot of AOE attacks obsolete or even dangerous.
    That would mean that I have this great skill, that could hit multiple enemies, but cannot use it at all cause somebody is always on the front line doing melee.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I agree the FF mechanic needs to be clarified as what it actually is, because it will get really annoying if every time I cast an AOE spell I hurt an ally

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@holyhong If I remember correctly, there is some PvP's areas on Arboreus.

I just thought about NPCs (waking up bring questions). What about if we do some AoE in a city, what will happen with NPC, what will they do ? (I don't remember if they'll have a real interaction with players, for exemple attacking you if you attack them, or they'll just staring at you, taking no damage ^^)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured