What type of sandbox?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hello folks,

I had a small question that will determin if I join the game or not.
    What type of sandbox will Fractured feature? Voxelbased or propbased?

Whats the difference?
    Basicly, the amount of possibilities.
    Voxelbased alows you to build architecture that you like. You can set up your own style. It's realised by use of tools that allow you to play with cubes. The only limit is skill and inmagination.
    Propbased is way more limited. Since you just have to agree with the style the devs have choosen the props to look like. These props are walls, doors, roofs, furniture, fences, ... . The only thing you can choose is the lay-out of your building.
    What I have seen as well is an even more limited version of propbased sandbox. You are just able to place down a prebuild building or even a prebuild plot of land.

What is the vision for Fractured?

It might be the question has been adressed before. In that case, set me the link please.
    Thank you.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @Yentlyn :slight_smile: This is probably not the answer you want to hear, but, as @Vengu pointed out, building in Fractured will indeed be quite close to what you've called "prop-based". You'll be able to customize your constructions, but only through pre-made assets.

We've decided to take this approach so we can focus more on other areas of gameplay where we think we can truly innovate the genre. Hop you'll give Fractured a chance anyway - there's a lot more to it than customizing your own home / plot of land! :slight_smile:

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I think pre-made assets construction can work well for the majority of game building if it's sufficiently flexible to allow some degree of complexity and freedom. It sounds to me like a fine balancing act in terms of the amount of dev work vs. gameplay payoff.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@holyavengerone said in What type of sandbox?:

I think pre-made assets construction can work well for the majority of game building if it's sufficiently flexible to allow some degree of complexity and freedom. It sounds to me like a fine balancing act in terms of the amount of dev work vs. gameplay payoff.

With the added benefit that the devs won't need gamemasters for the sole purpose of keeping the less appropriate designs out.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@vengu said in What type of sandbox?:

With the added benefit that the devs won't need gamemasters for the sole purpose of keeping the less appropriate designs out.

That and possibly a less 'randomized' appearance for houses in a village and more of a realistic, environment and culture based look.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured