Becoming a god?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Even in our world, we have people so great we worship them some as literal Gods and others just with our praise of their work, and it got me thinking why if there was a way to become a minor god just temporarily. I haven't thought out the process entirely so I am relying on input of some of you guys.
    So, how would we become gods? I was thinking maybe having a leaderboard for a specifically something like pvp or trade. Once you reach the top you become a god until someone replaces you.
    So what are the benefits of being a god? I was thinking having one or two special skills/ability. For example, pvp might have increased damage or increased dodge chance, while the trade one might have increase success of crafting, ability to craft legendary things, or sell at a higher price.
    These are just a few thoughts. Let me know what you guys think, and what you would like to see done with this. What would you suggest about how to become a god; what to be god of, i.e. pvp, trade, etc; or what benefits it would have.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@havoc And not easier to become the right hand of God, what will allow us to dispose of a piece of his power? Having achieved incredible achievements related to the service to him.

• Wiki Editor

I don‘t think it makes sense to become a god.
    I could imagine to get temporary godlike abilities, but this should just happen in a rare manner.
    Godlike abilities are very migthy and would lead especially in PVP to very frustrating situations, if people would get easy access to godlike might.

Gods are our leaders and our patrons and it should stay to them and not to us.

At the end i understand that people tend to want to be immortal, but what fun it will be to be like this? Except to tease other people.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Kralith yes they are our patrons, but even in real life people like Siddhartha Gautama became gods to people. That is the point though. You earn the title. This would force people to work harder to attain these titles. It would also give people something to work towards. Again these are also minor gods you wouldn't have the same powers as the major gods. You would only have a very small portion of their powers.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I love the idea

Title sure, but title doesn't mean that you also get godlike abilities.

Take into consideration that this is open PvP - full loot - game. I doubt many people would like seeing someone with super abilities walking around. 🙂

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Gothix I understand the game is full pvp full loot. im not saying it makes someone OP but rather enhances their abilities. You would still need the skill to use the abilities effectively.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

This is a stupid and bad idea. I'm done. LMFAO

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Skyforge does something like a godmode - they call it Devine form - it's basically a nuke setting on a timer. Graphics are different and feel more powerful and appearance changes. It's on a timer setting. They also use a Pantheon concept where you get more followers for boosts - followers are added by obtaining XP/Points for each quest completed.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@gamble said in Becoming a god?:

Skyforge does something like a godmode - they call it Devine form - it's basically a nuke setting on a timer. Graphics are different and feel more powerful and appearance changes. It's on a timer setting. They also use a Pantheon concept where you get more followers for boosts - followers are added by obtaining XP/Points for each quest completed.

Yes and skyforge was a failed game because their devs didn't listen to the community. it was a crappy game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

No power gap between players is kinda hard to maintain if you have new playervs a god 😁

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@havoc Sorry but I don't like the idea if somone can becaome extremly stronger than someonelse. WE have already a similar system that gives you the option to became the champion of the god (givin you slighty advanges with few more skills)

I have to agree. Not a fan of someone being that powerful.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

It's not a great idea, for one people are encouraged to play the game seven years on end, where people are so damn political. Guilds would only want to recruit the highest ranking, where people are rewarded for pking and if they pk enough they become literally almost un-killable. Remember that most people aren't going to be in parties, and some people are, and if someone parties with the "god" they literally don't die. Rewarding someone for trading ain't a good idea either because if they trading, people will know that this man is powerful, lets take him down/He's too powerful, we can't trade with this guy because he's gonna kill us. Whether it's all the focus on you, or all the pvp players going haywire, it just doesn't feel like a good gaming mechanic.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Godhood or any other such extremely powerful concept is an extremely poor idea outside of maybe PvE. Nothing for PvP because either everybody has to get it or it has to be weak enough to balance, Reminds my of the Jedi class from Star Wars Galaxies. if you were able to become one you were an alpha god that could mow down entire cities of non jedi like nothing

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured