Suggestion / alignment weapons

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

What i mean by alignment weapons is that dependant on your alignment, your weapons will be impacted, for example, a magic user could do black magic if a negative alignment is present if a positive alignment is present then white magic, a melee user with a negative alignment would be more aggressive than a positive trying to do as much damage as possible, yet positive could be defensive applying buffs/debuffs to you/opponent. This could also be good for character development allowing for each race to have its own set of abilities for diversity.

What do you guys think?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@d1shwasher
    There is no sense in the game and so there is enchantment of weapons from magic and craft (probably), so do weapon karma makes no sense.
    In addition, perhaps in the future, developers will add a cosmetic item effects of attacks and spells that will be embellished unlike the original.
    Such things there is in PoE

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So if you want to be a good melee dd you have to go evil? And a good aligned tank would be better then evil one? Makes no sense.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Im not saying that it would be better, im just saying there would be different bonuses, because a good aligned dps could have poison debuffs instead of more physical attacks, it would change the style of your combat, not the strength of the combat itself

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

it should be simple and good!

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@d1shwasher said in Suggestion / alignment weapons:

im just saying there would be different bonuses, because a good aligned dps could have poison debuffs instead of more physical attacks,

Hi, didn't think it's the Dynamight vision, like @muker said, there no sense to put some restrictive/modification alignment on weapons (or armor...) but an aligned cosmetic effect... why not... if your karma is negative, a dark black aura could surround the item and with a more positive karma, a pure shiny gold ?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

That would work, but then the karma/alignment will be useless in all gameplay mechanics (as far as i'm aware), giving players less of an incentive to strive for an alignment (based on their playstyle)

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I think the alignment cosmetic effect would be there better way to go. Similar to odd Fable series, where player auras, effects, and appearance were affected by alignment but only visually, although it wouldn’t be too hard to put some type of alignment limitation into the gameplay, NPC interaction for example...

I could see the gods creating weapons and armor specific for their most devote of followers to rid the 'verse of their opponents.

I wouldn't mind seeing true unique items in Fractured where there is just 1 of that specific unique.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Like all, maybe more cosmetic things than bonuses. For example, there is a bone sword in the tomb of the Dead King. Only evil alignement can have her because, if you're too good, it will drive you crazy because of to much evilness in this sword. And vice versa for the Blessed King, who will try to purify the evil who want to take his sword.
    Those weapons will not give bonuses or something, it will be only cosmetics

@esher said in Suggestion / alignment weapons:

Like all, maybe more cosmetic things than bonuses. For example, there is a bone sword in the tomb of the Dead King. Only evil alignement can have her because, if you're too good, it will drive you crazy because of to much evilness in this sword. And vice versa for the Blessed King, who will try to purify the evil who want to take his sword.
    Those weapons will not give bonuses or something, it will be only cosmetics

i'd prefer that the evil weapon corrupts the holy player and an evil player can corrupt the holy weapon!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I know, it's better if corrupted people win everytime, but we should try to balance a little ^^

@esher said in Suggestion / alignment weapons:

@jetah I know, it's better if corrupted people win everytime, but we should try to balance a little ^^

why though?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

It makes perfect sense if certain talents are restricted to good or evil. Fractured already has a similar system planned in that gods can grant blessings, and several gods are alignment-restricted.

However, something as sweeping as "only good guys can use poison" is just silly. Most of the alignment-locked talents should be of the "same DPS as everything else except higher against the opposite alignment" variety.

@fibs said in Suggestion / alignment weapons:

It makes perfect sense if certain talents are restricted to good or evil. Fractured already has a similar system planned in that gods can grant blessings, and several gods are alignment-restricted.

However, something as sweeping as "only good guys can use poison" is just silly. Most of the alignment-locked talents should be of the "same DPS as everything else except higher against the opposite alignment" variety.

and it would be odd for good alignment to use poisons anyways.

I'd be ok with alignment based damage buffs.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured