July Feature Spotlight: Cosmology & Races - List your questions!

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone,

we're glad to announce you that we're going to release our first Feature Spotlight this month! It will be focused on the following game features:

• The solar system and its three planets (Syndesia, Arboreus, Tartaros) - including some notes about the lore;
    • The three races inhabiting the system (Humans, Beastmen, Demons) and their societies;
    • Travels between planets, orbits, and much more related to the cosmology of Fractured!

Obviously, we can't really add all the information to the spotlight, lest we create a thousand-lines wall of text. Therefore, we're going to release a video Q&A as well, in which I will reply in person to all your questions on the topics above.

Well then... Any doubt or curiosity? If so, wait no more: start posting all your questions here! Don't feel limited, ask us whatever comes to your mind - unless it's off-topic, that is - and enjoy it being replied to on video!

Thank you all!

– Prometheus

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Are there different subraces within races? In the concept art on the front page I can see several different kind of beastmen like a wolf, tiger, lion and something that looks more like a dryad and I was wondering if different subraces/tribes offer different skills or passive bonuses?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

This is a stupid question, but will it be possible to change the character's design? And can you have more than one slot to have more characters? In case one wants to change race after a while without delete his first character.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Prometheus
    How will the system of planets work, will be as parallel servers or as distinct "maps"

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Are all possible "character setups" available for every race, or will my choosen race limit the choices I can make?

It seems that demons prey on everything, but is there any particular conflict between humans and beasts, human and demons and beasts and demons? (the last two as in: are humans/beasts actively in pursuit of demons?)

Also: Is there any civilization for demons or is it complete disorder?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

From your limited explanation so far, it seems like you intend each planet/realm to have intermittent race wars. I'd specifically reference it being easier for demons to attack Syndesia during an eclipse.

Question 1: How do you intend to balance power between factions mechanically?

Question 2: How do you intend to balance numbers between factions?

Question 3: Why are you trying to appeal to the gay furry market with beastmen, considering they've already spent all of their money on fursuits and tailplugs?

It's usually the case in crafting based games (Haven & Hearth, Darkfall, Salem, Asheron's Call, Life is Feudal, etc) that, to a high tier player, a set of gear isn't very valuable once somebody in the guild has the stats to produce it. This being the case especially when full/partial loot PVP is involved.

Question 4: Will a high tier player's gear be valuable to him, and if so, why?

Question 5: Will there be any instances of monsters dropping completed gear?

Question 6: If I and my six friends spend 24 hours straight gathering resources, then 24 hours straight murdering everybody we can, is it safe to assume we'd have made more from the murders?

Question 7: What is this "build and govern?" Can I tax people? I wanna tax people.

It wasn't explored much in Linkrealms, but if you cast windblast at the right time during tile transition, you could maintain 100% movement speed while casting. This being hard for everybody(read as: bads), but especially those with high, or unstable ping to do consistently.

Question 8: How much of a compromise on gameplay are you willing to make in order to keep high-ping players from being at a massive disadvantage?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Will there be a hierarchy in the villages created by the players, such as a "mayor" and "ministers"? With the advantages of, for example, declaring war on another city or imposing duties on goods or esile someone? Will it be possible, for example, to win the possession of a city in a war between two guilds without destroy it? There are many questions and very specific so I do not insist on super-detailed answers, it's just that I can not wait for some news and I'm very curious about how it will develop

• DymStudios - CEO

@Holya said in July Feature Spotlight: Cosmology & Races - List your questions!:

Question 4: Will a high tier player's gear be valuable to him, and if so, why?
    Question 5: Will there be any instances of monsters dropping completed gear?
    Question 6: If I and my six friends spend 24 hours straight gathering resources, then 24 hours straight murdering everybody we can, is it safe to assume we'd have made more from the murders?
    Question 7: What is this "build and govern?" Can I tax people? I wanna tax people.
    Question 8: How much of a compromise on gameplay are you willing to make in order to keep high-ping players from being at a massive disadvantage?

@Karuro said in July Feature Spotlight: Cosmology & Races - List your questions!:

Will there be a hierarchy in the villages created by the players, such as a "mayor" and "ministers"? With the advantages of, for example, declaring war on another city or imposing duties on goods or esile someone? Will it be possible, for example, to win the possession of a city in a war between two guilds without destroy it?

These are all very interesting questions but fall out of the scope of this dev journal, which is focused on planets and races. There will be future spotlights focused on crafting, equipment, town building / management, etc 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus You're right, I forgot it!!! 0_1499250910422_download.jpg
    Thank you for the answer anyway

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

can't wait!!!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I've got a bunch of questions:

• Are the travels between planets instantaneous (like a teleport)? Or is it possible to manually travel between them?
    • Do the different orbits have an impact on surfaces' temperatures? And if so, will be there "survival" mechanics (like debuffs in certain areas based on the race)
    • Will it be possible to terraform the planets? (excavating, filling holes with water, flatten mountains etc; not just erecting buildings for example)

Could you become trapped on a planet or asteroid if the portal, or whatever the means of travel is, closes before you get back? Or could you just die to spawn back to your own planet or use something like a hearthstone?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

The system of extra planetary travels will be complex like Kerbal Space Program or like EVE Online (click to go)?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@kng said in July Feature Spotlight: Cosmology & Races - List your questions!:

The system of extra planetary travels will be complex like Kerbal Space Program or like EVE Online (click to go)?

I dont think this is Sf space game,planets are yust like seperate realms or worlds,thers no airships or such.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Prometheus said in July Feature Spotlight: Cosmology & Races - List your questions!:

lore

Ooh! I am excite! 🙂

Q1: Which race figured out how to get to the other planets first? Or is it something lost to the ancient cosmic winds...?

Q2: Do the game's races know that there aren't other planets out there? Are they actively looking?

Q3: What are potential pitfalls, if any, of not traveling from planet-to-planet the right way?

BONUS! What are the relative size of these planets, in Km or in relation to Earth?

Very excited for the game guys, I'm cheering along with you!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

can't wait for some videos ❤

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Are there just these three planets or more?

Will more systems be introduced?

Is this sci-fi fantasy or hi-fi fantasy?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Do races work like factions? Are there multiple roles possible in a race despite race bonus?

Will there be a different reign system for the races?
    Is the intermediation between the races controlled be events, like this months there is war between beastmen and humans or something?
    Will there be somethin like religious wars based on the lores?

@profutkin dude i got over 10 alarms because you spam something in russian qq

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured