Player Run Cities and You

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I read a few people mentioning economy systems which would be cool. Like, if I wanted to sell a bunch of feathers (eg), I might make the trek to a city where there is a shortage and the prices are higher.

Also, any sort of banking or tax system that has to do with properties, fines for offenses, etc.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@adaman1 about taxes take a look here and here for relations between guilds

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@jetah I see your "alfa" tendencies friend, yet your words must be backed by action. I'll meet you on the battlefield or i'll confront and shame you in the Great Forum of my city. 't is true that sheep will follow the wolf, but i will be surrounded by lions. That being said, i wish you well, if but for the sake of sport. It would be dull to simply slaughter weaklings.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@darian Yo this isn't Role Play R Us, we talking about what makes player run cities awesome here fam. That being said, I don't mind some RP city dwellers, makes the atmosphere good and adds to the overall feel of the town. The more the merrier as they say, whether those be lambs for the slaughter, RPers looking to enjoy a night of whatever it is that RPers do, or wolves. Kostanland will be the best Hellfire Demon run city in the game, confirmed. Praise be Galvanos.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@darian said in Player Run Cities and You:

@jetah I see your "alfa" tendencies friend, yet your words must be backed by action. I'll meet you on the battlefield or i'll confront and shame you in the Great Forum of my city. 't is true that sheep will follow the wolf, but i will be surrounded by lions. That being said, i wish you well, if but for the sake of sport. It would be dull to simply slaughter weaklings.

the pen is mightier than the sword, so my speak on the forums will be much better than my game play. I'm training honey badgers, so your lions mean nothing to me.

@jetah said in Player Run Cities and You:

I'm training honey badgers

Get yourself high charisma so you can tame and train a whole bunch of them!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

the pen is mightier than the sword, so my speak on the forums will be much better than my game play. I'm training honey badgers, so your lions mean nothing to me.

I feel i must remind you that many folk these days, lack the patience for lecture. Thus, the pen lost his might. It is the voice, that stands the strongest. Curious, how the pen gave us knowledge and consequently, power, yet we've denounced it so cheaply. Today we have mobs killing in the name of a book they have never read (they can't ...really), a book that never asked them to kill in the first place. Sadly, It is he or she who gives voice to the scriptum, that has the might. And usually the corrupt lust for such power, and will eventually get it. That is why, a forum must be. That is why none should hold unchallenged grasp on the right to rule! And that is why honey badgers, or sheep, or wolves, it matters not. I will find honorable men and women that will stand against tyranny and they will do so with great fervor.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Darian if I ever need a town crier I'll hit you up. Just know that my city will be the hive of scum and villany, so you can decree all day and night, I'll even pay you.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Player ran bounty board - give me bounties 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@deathsradac said in Player Run Cities and You:

Player ran bounty board - give me bounties 🙂

In SWG I loved the bounty system while playing as a bounty hunter to hunt player jedi. Walk up to the terminal, see who was overtly flagged and had a high bounty, tracker droids out, start the hunt.

@darian said in Player Run Cities and You:

I feel i must remind you that many folk these days, lack the patience for lecture. Thus, the pen lost his might. It is the voice, that stands the strongest. Curious, how the pen gave us knowledge and consequently, power, yet we've denounced it so cheaply. Today we have mobs killing in the name of a book they have never read (they can't ...really), a book that never asked them to kill in the first place. Sadly, It is he or she who gives voice to the scriptum, that has the might. And usually the corrupt lust for such power, and will eventually get it. That is why, a forum must be. That is why none should hold unchallenged grasp on the right to rule! And that is why honey badgers, or sheep, or wolves, it matters not. I will find honorable men and women that will stand against tyranny and they will do so with great fervor.

i'll use projected video media because they can't read.. i made sure of that. they can watch the magical projected tv where i'll talk to them. i'll also put a few smaller versions around declaring their love to me!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@jetah 🙂 that is indeed a powerful play. I fear i have no answer to magic... except a dispel, oh dispel works against illusion magic 😄

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

A jail that puts characters that spam or violate community rules into a cell where they must stay logged on and move every 10 min or so for a set amount of time before they can get out. That way it is less of a passive punishment and more of an active punishment and will encourage good behavior.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So who is shelling out €500 or more for this 😛 🤵

GOVERNOR

Start the game as Governor of one of the towns of any planet
    Name the town you’re governing
    Permanent stone statue placed in the center of the town commemorating you
    Construction Plan for an exclusive “Founder Manor”
    Exclusive Governor Armor Skin and Horse Armor Skin
    Unique forum title: “Governor”
    Unique in-game title: “Governor”
    Sapphire forum badge
    Sapphire in-game avatar badge