💡 Suggestion | In game | Tax system/mechanics

• TF#6 - Diplomat

Hello everyone today I would like to talk about the the TAX system/mechanics.

I thought it would be great to:

1. Have a global tax on the default countries, cities and capitals for each planet. The taxes will be purely monetary and will interact with every type of economic transaction (buy / sell / repair / contracts / hirings / etc.).

2. To have a guild fee to help the guilds grow and self-finance in order to passively contribute. In this case, each guild and guild officer may set percentages related to:
      a)Economic Transaction Tax made by guild members or by the guild itself. In this case a percentage of currency will be detract and added to the guild currency deposit.
      b) Gathering Tax. In this case a percentage of resources will be detract and added to the guild warehouse.

So let's talk about this or any other suggestions you have :nerd:

Don't forget to leave a like to this thread. Thank you ♡
    Greetings, Finland!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@finland

why would demons have taxes?

• TF#6 - Diplomat

Good point @Jetah
    I think a generell tax should just be implemented at NPCs of different places. Like bringing your money to a saved tresor or selling things in public stands.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@jetah why wouldn't they ? they are a race of thinking beings albeit the sword is mightier than the pen. From what I've read, they are like the early Vikings.

@Finland The tax system could work with players if there was a ''ruler'' system. The ruler - king/queen/president etc could determine trade tax rules in a region. If there is a sensible way to decide the ruler, a tax system would work.

Guild fees/guild donations are definitely doable. A lot of MMORPG's have it.
    Instead of a tax system implemented into the guild fees, a payment/donation system would be easier to understand.
    Items sold via guild auction houses can be taxed by the guild

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

For a game with a player-driven economy, money sinks are essential to put some kind of a brake on inflation.

Tax is a really useful money sink because it gives the devs a global or semi-global lever they can adjust on the fly in response to inflation.

Tax alone won't be enough, we'd need more money sinks than tax alone. But I think its too powerful and sensible to leave out.

For what it's worth, the most ingenious money-sink system I've ever seen in a game is Path of Exile's concept of using consumable items as currency, so players have an incentive to consume the items and remove them from the economy. It's genius because it both gives the currency item intrinsic value and provides an opt-in money-sink to players that doesn't feel exploitative. Absolutely brilliant idea that's worth stealing. 🙂

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@jetah said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Tax system/mechanics:

@finland

Tithe demanded by their lords for their glory.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I don't really see demons having taxes ,maybe a blood tax?or something like that maybe they will pay this taxes with skulls?

• TF#7 - Ambassador

Isn't tax basically protection money? What sort of protection will the NPCes offer? After we know that we can talk tax.

Maybe a town with a lot of economic activity - so a lot of tax money - would have bigger number of guards up to the point of protecting roads connecting rich towns? That's would make players willing to pay tax for their safety.

• TF#6 - Diplomat

@finland

Guild could have an option to set taxes for money and every single kind of resources in game. Setting up something like:

• Gold 10%
    • Wood 12%
    • Stone 18%
    • Ore 9%
    • Hide 7%
    • Meat 3%
    • Wheat 5%
    • Etc.

So every guild will set specific taxes for every single resource if they want. From 0% to 100% where they want. About default economy is a must to have taxes like for trades/ah/repair

• TF#6 - Diplomat

@tulukaruk said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Tax system/mechanics:

Isn't tax basically protection money? What sort of protection will the NPCes offer? After we know that we can talk tax.

Maybe a town with a lot of economic activity - so a lot of tax money - would have bigger number of guards up to the point of protecting roads connecting rich towns? That's would make players willing to pay tax for their safety.

Taxes goes to npcs around the planets, they are working 😉

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Agree at some point there needs to be some sort of inflation prevention mechanism

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@ifritth I see them more as lone wolfs than 'i need support/help from others' type.

@Finland I still don't see demons having taxes. taxes are setup for the many to support the few. I've never seen a resource tax unless it was being created by the system. Guilds can be a donate type instead of a tax type. It's like saying "I don't trust you, i demand x% from you".

why would I ever join a 100% tax guild? I could see gold farmers drooling over this though.

• TF#6 - Diplomat

why would I ever join a 100% tax guild? I could see gold farmers drooling over this though.

That was an example! As I said guild should setup the %. The value can be edited every time you want. And it's not true that the 100% is not worth. In other games i have organized guild event to grind money for the guild and we raised taxes to 100% for 2 hours before drop it to the standard decided by the guild. This situation happend few times whe the guild was low on money. This is better than ask money 😉 you bring/lead ppl to do something and the gain is to grow the guild. None have argued that a single time. Tax is a great choice to avoid slackers.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@finland so you couldn't ask for donations?

My multi-guild has done the donation thing many times and we never have a problem with it.

• TF#6 - Diplomat

I don't see the problem if you can set the tax to 0%! Would be a guild choice imho. Why should you decide for all ;). I have never met real players that enjoyed the donation thats why i prefer a guild tax system

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@ildirettore said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Tax system/mechanics:

Agree at some point there needs to be some sort of inflation prevention mechanism

Just as a quibble: Inflation slowdown mechanism. There's nothing that can be done to stop inflation in a virtual economy where a significant portion of the playerbase will 'work' 40 hour weeks for free to grind up as much valuable material as they can using calculated optimal strategies for doing so.

All we can do is try and claw the inflation monster back to something vaguely manageable. 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@kairosval

I played a game where the NPC's had limited currency to buy junk.

If we're able to change the landscape then there could exist resources under the surface of the planets. mainly ore and stone. where we'd have to dig pits or mines to get to them.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@kairosval

I played a game where the NPC's had limited currency to buy junk.

If we're able to change the landscape then there could exist resources under the surface of the planets. mainly ore and stone. where we'd have to dig pits or mines to get to them.

The limited-currency-vendor thing is so annoying tho. 🙂

With the second paragraph, do you mean that paying for constructing pits and mines could be used as a money sink? That has merit, but I'd want to be careful about putting a currency gate on resource gathering. That could run the risk of locking new players out of the bottom-tier of the economy.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@kairosval

it is but it's reasonable.

I was more thinking that resources are scarce on the surface but under there could be a vast wealth if we dug in the right areas. or plenty of tier 1 resources but higher tier is under the surface. This could be shortcut by finding a dungeon or cave which could have veins.

• TF#7 - Ambassador

@finland said in 💡 Suggestion | In game | Tax system/mechanics:

Taxes goes to npcs around the planets, they are working 😉

You don't pay tax to working class. In fact they should pay tax as well. As I said tax is mainly protection money. If we have tax we should see it's effect on the world.

Copyright © 2018 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured