PK punishment

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in PK punishment:

@benseine WoW, GW2, TESO, FF end of the story. The only one I liked was WoW. TESO looks good but it's too late. I like to join fresh games.

WoW, gw2 and FF centered around PvP? c'mon, not realy. TESO maybe. An mmorpg centered around PvP are titles such as Dark Age of Camelot, Darkfall, Gloria Victis, Albion Online, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall etc

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine I was talking about PvE games XD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland well then you have all asian mmorpgs at your disposal. they all have seperate zones for pvp and/or retarded karma system. so don't complain.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@benseine said in PK punishment:

@finland well then you have all asian mmorpgs at your disposal. they all have seperate zones for pvp and/or retarded karma system. so don't complain.

I was following Ashes of Creation so far with great interest, but recently I gave up on it. Then I came and joined to here.

AoC had great promise, but then they confirmed rock paper scissor system, that basically ruins all 1vs1 and small group PvP everywhere, and completely rekts 1vs1 arena.

Also they have this retarded PvP punishment system, where if you are killing players that do not wish to fight back, you are LOSING your stats, until you become a 2 shot target, also your gear has a chance to break.

Devs at intrepid studios actually have face to call that PvX, and actually think PvPers will come and play that crap.

Needless to say, I logged off from there and never came back, and will not. Right now I am hoping Fractured will be good for PvP crowd.

Sadly most MMOs i followed over past time got ruined by devs catering to sensitive folk.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in PK punishment:

Sadly most MMOs i followed over past time got ruined by devs catering to carebears.

yes many, including my favorite game Age of Conan. So I have an issue with carebears

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine Asian? oh please. I'm not the one complaning i'm the one that answer those complaning about PvE on fractured.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix AoC will never happen like CU XD

• TF#3 - ENVOY

There's potential for this. Definitely not a fan of perma death, that seems super out there to me. But being attacked by guards and what not is a possibility for those who are constantly killing other players (me).

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I think the best way to have it is an alignment or asshole bar. When filled people know you're kind of a twat lol

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I'd love to see a higher level of risk for PKing.
    There's nothing worse than feeling like you can't explore certain areas because there's a tonne of people just waiting to annihilate you.

• @apolleon said in PK punishment:

There's nothing worse than feeling like you can't explore certain areas because there's a tonne of people just waiting to annihilate you.

There's an entire planet you're not gonna like 😉

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@target still going to try and explore what I can... but I feel i might not be visiting it much 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target we don't really know how bit the maps will be 😉

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@finland said in PK punishment:

@phaethonas said in PK punishment:

Care-bears should not be defended at a game like Fractured. Marrying pvp and pver is hard enough by its own, taking into the equation the extreme pvpers (gankers) and the extreme pvers (care-bears) will make the "marrying" process impossible.

Fail words. I'm an hard core pver but that means I do my best in pve content (pve content are pvp less). This does not means I'm not a pvper. I enjoy pvp but what I mean Is that I love to do a task at time. So or I go for pvp or I go for pve I hate to be disturbed while doing other things. Hard core pvper are skilled pvers that fight for something usually objectives.

Who said anything about you?! How many times must I say that not all pvers are care-bears? How many times must I say that "hard-core" pvpers are not gankers and that "hard-core" pvers are not care-bears?

Who told you, that Fractured is made according to your likings? Unless you or I make a game of our own, we won't have a game that will be made according to our likings. What we, and any other player for that matter, do, is choose a game that is as close to our likings as it can be.

For Nth time, Fractured is not a game you will like.

You want instances to be added to a game, that the devs want to, revolutionize the sandbox genre! That's crazy! If you want a game with instances, go and play a game with instances. There are games like that now, and there are upcoming games like that as well.

It is stupid to come to an open world, sandbox game and demand like a little entitled brat, the devs to add instances to their open world, sandbox game.

It is stupid to come to a game that wants to marry pvp and pve and create some sort of balance, and demand

I love to do a task at time. So or I go for pvp or I go for pve I hate to be disturbed while doing other things.

And I can't add enough emphasis at how many times you talked about yourself!

The game is both. givin pvp everywhere would make the game for pvp players only.

Who said anything about giving pvp everywhere. I was very clear that safe, non-pvp, zones should exist, even at Tartaros. I was very clear that Arboreus should have mechanics that will restrict pvp as well. I have even gone as far and said, that having pvp completely turned off at Arboreus would work, unlike the 30 minute and other restrictions, currently in discussion. In the latter case (what we have now), the economy of the game will be unbalanced. That said, turning pvp completely off at Arboreus is in the opposite direction of what the devs are planning.

In the end of the day, you saying that you don't want pvp (in one form or another) everywhere (aka in all three planets), proves again that you don't like Fractured's main and core concepts.

If the devs did not want pvp everywhere (in all three planets), they would have gone the easy and simple way, of turning the pvp at Arboreus off.

They haven't done that, which proves that they want pvp everywhere (in all three planets). They want each planet to have a different balance of pvp and pve (yes, Tartaros will have pve!).

So, stop demanding things that are the exact opposite of what the devs want. You are not gonna get them, and you are bringing a toxic environment at the community.

Every real PvEr is a carebear if you want call them like that simply cause you can focus thing without care about others while doing tasks, but this does not meas all of them hate pvp.

Not really, that is your definition of a care bear and is wrong/not shared by the majority of the MMO players. Your definition of a "ganker" is wrong/not shared by the majority of the MMO players as well.

You are literally on record saying that "ganker" = "competitive pvp player", which is ironic (at best), because a ganker does not want competition. A ganker is the player who ganks aka kills players who can't defend themselves. A competitive pvp player wants to kill other pvp players and he/she wants their opponent to be as good as possible.

A care-bear, is the person who wants to be held by the hand and just interact with the environment and wants nothing to do with pvp.

As I have said, so many times, everyone should get a game to call home. Care-bears included. That said, that doesn't mean that every game should cater to everyone, as this is literally impossible.

For a game that wants to combine and find a balance (or rather three different balances) between pvp and pve, a care bear (aka a person who wants nothing to do with pvp), is not a demographic that should be catered.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@gothix said in PK punishment:

@benseine said in PK punishment:

I was following Ashes of Creation so far with great interest, but recently I gave up on it. Then I came and joined to here.

AoC had great promise, but then they confirmed rock paper scissor system, that basically ruins all 1vs1 and small group PvP everywhere, and completely rekts 1vs1 arena.

In my opinion AoC never had much promise, just empty words/promises.

Regardless, I didn't know that AoC will try a rock, paper, scissor system. Such a system is difficult to make and AoC is full of incompetent fools. I can only laugh at them even trying such a system.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@benseine AION, LINEAGE, Archeage, ARCHLORD, Ragnarok, MU, Silkroad etc.. Classics

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@finland , that is indeed a very good question. I completely forgot about that. My solution: have them team up so they can defend themselves. Personally, I think that the best part of any MMORPG is the experience of finding new friends in game. By making it almost impossible to solo-play you force players to either join up with friends or to make them. I do think that a player should be able to solo-play but wouldn't that also take out one of the best parts off any MMORPG?

Anyway, grouping up could be a possible solution.

My second solution: grant them protection by the use of NPC's. This is something that I haven't seen in any MMORPG besides from guild wars 2. I think that using NPC's as semi-characters would help Fractured set itself apart from other MMORPG's even more. My concrete idea is to give players the possibility to hire 1-3 NPC's to protect them while they are adventuring. By giving them certain abillities such as "aegis" they can help the player survive or buy him/her some time to get aways. This would also give it a more realistic feel ( if you want to explore you must be prepared to face dangers). You'd also have to make it so that the NPC's don't help you attack but only help you defend ( otherwise they would just carry you to max lvl). I think that this gives players and even groups a sence of safety when they are travelling. Of course the sum that you have to pay will be a set amount per hour ( or min/ day).

I hope this solved the problem.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I think the game has something for everyone. covers a good amount of content for each style and if you want to break routine, then you will venture a little more and try mixed content, PVP - PVE ... I do not see why discuss if doing full PVE or PVP? Why so scandalized by PVP content by PVE players? It is very clear that they can be in their areas without discomfort. If you want to venture, it's the player's decision to break the routine. They have already said that they will have access to most content without having to price the PVP. I think that drop of difficulty is what gives life to the game. Break the monotomy .. I think they drown in a basin of water ..

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Not big on the PvP but if the speculations are true it should make for some really engaging gameplay.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

The punishment for being PK is that you are looted by everyone and probably they will put guards in the "good" cities for PKs. I think they should put a ranking system to incentivize to be PK, with rewards (cosmetic obviously).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured