Are there any unknown / unused professions

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Are there any professions or other things that haven't been used in a fantasy universe that could be implemented?

Always seems like the same 10 activities are in each game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kadoskracker before say this youould be the 1st to suggest something instead hoping on someonelse to elaborate something you may not like šŸ˜‰

Give us your idea of fantasy professions with names and describe them.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I think a good profession would be "Natural Identification". Like we have botanists and other professions that go around and help the world to understand what there is in nature. We should have professions that contribute to themselves and the guild.

On the solo level they could kill monsters to gain bonuses to killing them again. They can identify more lore from different world objects and they could provide extra but slight bonuses to themselves and to their guild. This would be non-stacking between guild mates but you would still get a slight bonus to yourself for having done the work.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

1. Epidemiologist - if game adds diseases (can be both human, animal and plant diseases) - they could go do their job so the crops don't fail, and people and animals do not die, they could also purify waters if pollution comes. They can also serve as animal doctors, heal pets, mounts, etc.

2. Detective - when murder happens, some trails are left behind, then detectives are needed to investigate the scenes, and track down murderers using hints and evidence, the better skilled detective, the higher chance his search will end up successful

3. Mentalist - can get glimpses of where other people are located, how far away lands look, if there is incoming disease or natural disaster, etc etc. could work well with detectives but also for many other issues

4. Politician - can get positions in player run cities, the higher politician skill, the better bonus they can provide to the city, depending on what they will do (what actual position they will have)

5. Saboteur - able to infiltrate enemy territory / enemy cities and cause damage, cause city bonuses to drop, and various other stuff. In open world they can function as spies / trackers, they can set traps that can be used in open world group (and solo) PvP, they can also be invaluable in sieges, causing special damage to enemy walls or offensive machinery.

Chef, carriage driver, scout, hunter, farmer, bounty hunter, transporter (portal mage), enchanter, bard, thief... So many possibilities.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix epidemics in MMO is bad idea šŸ˜› I make more account to spread disceases on other planets on purpose before invading šŸ˜ˆ

Edit: I spread epidemic everywhere before I go on holiday so I miss less action šŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆ

@benseine said in Are there any unknown / unused professions:

@gothix epidemics in MMO is bad idea šŸ˜› I make more account to spread disceases on other planets on purpose before invading šŸ˜ˆ

Edit: I spread epidemic everywhere before I go on holiday so I miss less action šŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆ

Haha

I always remember that blood epidemic in WoW. šŸ™‚ Maybe if they had epidemiologists it wouldn't be such a disaster! xD

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I hope the game will be alchemy. then the herbal-healer and the apprentice of the poison would be good professions.
    Archaeologist - it will be interesting.

@shadowkhan

There will be alchemy, but it will deal with transforming materials, not herbs and poisons apparently. Or maybe it will do both. Who knows.

To quote the Skills spotlight:

... practitioners of alchemy can apply the powers of Alteration to crafting whenever they attempt to generate rare materials and components from common resources.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

A few Talents I've defined for my own world:

Cauterization - Fire-based healing tree. Almost all heals in my world are over time, but Cauterization allows faster / instant healing at the cost of temporary debuffs (e.g. stop bleeding by burning the #(!@ out of your wounds). Cauterization can also counter regenning enemies such as trolls.

Larceny - Not only does this let you pick locks and pockets, but it also lets you impersonate NPCs and (to an extent) player characters. You can even make knockoff items to try to pass off to merchants. Oh, and you can "plagiarize" other people's skills too. (Not sure how useful that is in a game where you can get every skill already.)

[various forms of] Lore - Item lore, spell lore, rune lore, etc. help you to identify well-crafted or valuable items and, more importantly, cursed items from all those tombs you keep looting. There's also a perk to selling these things to shopkeepers.

Summoning - In addition to the usual get-you-a-pet-to-hit-things, "Audacity" allows you to speak with gods and "Profane Ritual" allows you to attempt to summon demons and God-Beasts as guild bosses. Oh, and you can summon other players, too.

Tracking - All actions performed such as walking leave traces such as footsteps or scent trails. By taking Tracking, you not only become better at spotting & following these traces, but also better at not leaving them yourself (e.g. cover yourself in mud to reduce scent emissions until you next enter water.) Basically, Stealth determines if someone in the same room can see you, Tracking determines if someone half a country away can hunt you down.

Riding - Makes you better at mount shenanigans - faster, less likely to fall off, etc. With most Weapon Talents this forms a Cross Talent that lets you fight while mounted and even be "stronger" when mounted than on foot; in particular, Riding + Spearplay = Jousting.

@Gothix

Haha
    Ā 
    I always remember that blood epidemic in WoW. šŸ™‚ Maybe if they had epidemiologists it wouldn't be such a disaster! xD

They did! It was the first case of real-world epidemiologists studying a video game disease and was in the headlines for quite some time until Corrupted Blood was patched.

Ingame, people formed quarantines and there were bio-terrorists trying to spread the disease as much as possible, just like in real life.

I'm 100% sure Blizzard waited to patch it until they stopped getting free attention for it.

Copyright Ā© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured