Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

As long as there's no p2w factor in any of them.
    I woudl buy cosmetics for my character, like seasonal outfits or element/particle effects for skills (changeable from standard ones).

I would buy cosmetic skins for houses, farms or mounts too.

What i don't want is any RNG or any boosting stuff that gives me and advantage if i churn out 2k dollars.

• Exp / Karma gain
    • slight loot increase
      Might be tolerated ...

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@baslak said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

Pets that collect the booty obtained in a battle, but never players / users who have died this could be bad for the community because if two go for the loot the pet would get it.
    Developers of Fractured do this reality please I do not want to die picking up the loot of the beasts that I kill all the time, thanks!
    @Specter let us know our beloved gods of Fractured 💃

I would really like that too.
    You could even make that an VIP feature, as long as the enemy is an NPC and you are "Good" you can't lootsteal anyways.
    And any neutral/ bad guy wont care for breaking that "ettiquette".

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@greenfox I would like to not see a VIP system. In that case i prefer P2P (pay to play) games. So a forced subscription.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I thought Fractured was b2p without sub. Cash shop items I'd buy? Cosmetics if they look cool. "p2w" convenience stuff honestly. I don't have all the time in the world sadly 😕

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt it's going yo be b2p with a cosmetic shop. But the game is not out yet so everything could change ^^. For sure I prefer a P2P over a VIP sub system.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Very against loot boxes. Would prefer a monthly sub with monthly perks that everyone can get.

I'm okay with direct buy of cosmetics, and would appreciate an in-game currency I can earn via achievements to be able to buy them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would gladly pay for quality cosmetics/effects. As long as it stays away from P2W it'll be fine. Also fuck loot boxes.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

LootBoxes are fine as long as players get to open them in game - Example 3 loot boxes (a) (b ) (c) then player must find key in world for said boxes (KEY a) (KEY b) (KEY c) and not have 80+ LootBox (a) before finding one (KEY a). Need to be reasonable. LootBoxes also need to not be static in loot meaning only 7 items in LootBox (a) because when players collect all the items then those LootBoxes will become useless - just an example

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@inque said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

Very against loot boxes. Would prefer a monthly sub with monthly perks that everyone can get.

I'm okay with direct buy of cosmetics, and would appreciate an in-game currency I can earn via achievements to be able to buy them.

They said in the las q&a that lootbox will be obtenible by playing and not buyable from the cash shop 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@wolfiemcgee They said in the las q&a that lootbox will be obtenible by playing and not buyable from the cash shop 😉

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@wolfiemcgee said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

LootBoxes are fine as long as players get to open them in game - Example 3 loot boxes (a) (b ) (c) then player must find key in world for said boxes (KEY a) (KEY b) (KEY c) and not have 80+ LootBox (a) before finding one (KEY a). Need to be reasonable. LootBoxes also need to not be static in loot meaning only 7 items in LootBox (a) because when players collect all the items then those LootBoxes will become useless - just an example

There's no way that paid lootboxes will have free keys. That reduces their appeal by making them a horrible chore. Investors will demand to change this so that paid lootboxes have paid keys (or, if talked down, no keys at all.)

Free lootboxes having free keys is very common in MMOs, though. We had those before we had the paid lootboxes.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs, @wolfiemcgee

@vengu said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

• Fractured will not sell lootboxes in the cash shop, but you can obtain lootboxes from the Foundation and from ingame activities. You will buy your cosmetics from the cash shop directly, no gambling.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

VIP subscription never works well. If bonuses are purely cosmetic, and small, it's not worth it for people to dish out money for it.

If bonuses are tangible so it becomes worth it to people to actually subscribe then lots of other people see it as P2W and you lose a good bulk of your player base.

Either way, VIP subscription only works for those games that already go as P2W, and then this is implemented as just another P2W boost.

VIP subscription will, in my opinion, not work in a game that is trying to not be P2W.

(a boost, no matter how small, is still a boost, and a portion of people would be lost due to that for sure)

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@gothix said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

VIP subscription never works well. If bonuses are purely cosmetic, and small, it's not worth it for people to dish out money for it.

If bonuses are tangible so it becomes worth it to people to actually subscribe then lots of other people see it as P2W and you lose a good bulk of your player base.

Either way, VIP subscription only works for those games that already go as P2W, and then this is implemented as just another P2W boost.

VIP subscription will, in my opinion, not work in a game that is trying to not be P2W.

(a boost, no matter how small, is still a boost, and a portion of people would be lost due to that for sure)

Elder Scrolls Online has remained successful with an extremely tangible VIP system (double inventory and bank space + crafting materials take up neither, access to all non-expansion pack DLC maps), highly advantageous DLC, expansion packs, and cash shop items - even with the additional, massive obstacle of being universally loathed for months after launch.

That's because the average player psyche has this ridiculous idea that a free game with paid content is bad, but a paid game with (further) paid content is okay. Fractured is already buy to play and will benefit from this cognitive dissonance with smart marketing.

I can't speak in any way on ESO's PVP balance as I don't partake. Cyrodiil is highly demanding - the turf war map takes like 30 minutes just to walk across - and I doubt I'll ever be competitively viable for it.

@fibs

i don't like the idea of renting bank space.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

@fibs

i don't like the idea of renting bank space.

It doubles your existing bank space. If you buy another ten slots (with ingame Gold, permanently), then your VIP doubles that to another twenty slots.

You can have up to like 200 bank slots without VIP, at which point you most likely won't even notice the VIP doubling it unless you hoard equippables and never ever sell or decon them for several days.

Same applies to inventory space.

The real benefit to VIP is the Crafting Bag which holds infinite of all crafting materials, and even this is only useful for low-level players who don't have any inv or bank space.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I can understand that. Right now I'm playing on my laptop which is nice for a laptop but was not bought with gaming in mind so I run everything on the lowest graphics. Even those with a gaming system may not want to see non-combative pets since they really don't add anything to the game and that would give them the option of not loading the pets.

I could also see using invisible friends/pets not in the cash store but something to work for in game with very, very minor buffs. But again not for the cash store so off topic for this thread.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@finland said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

@greenfox I would like to not see a VIP system. In that case i prefer P2P (pay to play) games. So a forced subscription.

YOu "don't" prefer badly done vip services.
    Right done ones are just fine. But most games go from "right" to "slow p2w" in a few moments.

Vip shouldn't impact the game at all, except cosmetics and maybe discounts on other purchases. Or maybe priority acess, when the que time is stacked. Like each x logins, an vip got to be pushed ahead.

@fibs

I understand that, but it's still being rented. With looting in Fractured, I doubt people would want double inventory space.

I neutral with the VIP idea but I'd much prefer a shop similar to Path of Exile. character inventory is limited but we can buy bank space including crafting material tab(s).

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Cash Shop Items You'd [Consider] Buy:

@fibs

I understand that, but it's still being rented. With looting in Fractured, I doubt people would want double inventory space.

I doubt inventory space will be a feature in any VIP system Fractured hypothetically installs. They're more likely to give stuff like reduced teleport cooldowns - teleports as in warping back home or between specific gateways.

I neutral with the VIP idea but I'd much prefer a shop similar to Path of Exile. character inventory is limited but we can buy bank space including crafting material tab(s).

I think Path of Exile is pretty fair about the cash shop. You only need to spend about $10, possibly less depending on deals, to get all the stuff you 'need' to play the game fully. The game is easily worth that price

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured