The Red Threat Seems Acceptable

• I'm not a PvP player and I'll never have the skills to make an impact. I prefer crafting and the PvE side of things. That aside, it has been fun to make a trip or two to the dangerous dungeon called Aerhen - I've grabbed a little bit of Shadium and some skills from the Goblins.

I have been murdered once so far.

It was afraid it would be a 24/7 gankfest, but so far it seems the risk is reasonable. If I stay off the main roads, and avoid peak times, my comfort level is to be able to escape unmolested about 75% of the time. It has been that so far.

Some risk is fine I just don't want to lose everything all of the time.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I had a wagon taken from a character with Young status simply because i got knocked off my horse by spiders. They just road up and took the wagon.

this is obviously unacceptable to anyone with an ounce of brain matter. Which automatically excludes the devs. They are under the mis impression that PvP is whats going to make this game succeed. Its not.

Even "care bears" are not safe from this nonsense

• @DarthJafo said in The Red Threat Seems Acceptable:

I had a wagon taken from a character with Young status simply because i got knocked off my horse by spiders. They just road up and took the wagon.

this is obviously unacceptable to anyone with an ounce of brain matter. Which automatically excludes the devs. They are under the mis impression that PvP is whats going to make this game succeed. Its not.

Even "care bears" are not safe from this nonsense

I can understand the frustration but that seems to be a bit of an outlier.
    They'd have to show up with impeccable timing to pull that off.

If you didn't have young status they'd of murdered you and taken everything.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It's not necessarily impeccable timing. Even on Terra I've ran into groups using mobs to interrupt gathering and stuff. It actually seems like a way for them to use mobs to skirt the intended mechanics of the game, which is that new players should have protection. The fact the new player protection doesn't extend to their carts is kind of silly and will open it up to stuff like this.

• @Esoba said in The Red Threat Seems Acceptable:

It's not necessarily impeccable timing. Even on Terra I've ran into groups using mobs to interrupt gathering and stuff. It actually seems like a way for them to use mobs to skirt the intended mechanics of the game, which is that new players should have protection. The fact the new player protection doesn't extend to their carts is kind of silly and will open it up to stuff like this.

I agree, but this shouldn't be an issue if the victim is truly a new player.

What I mean is if you're new and gathering wood and stone to build a house then you're in a zone where stuff shoudn't be knocking you off a horse. However, if you're exploiting new status to farm Shadium then you should have the cart stolen. (Add to that the reds aren't out to steal stone or hardwood)

I don't like reds; however, I don't think people should be able to use new status to farm high tier mats in dangerous area to avoid the risk/reward equation.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Its not timing at all. These lazy POSs just camp the gate. They dont even have to try. WHich is just pathetic

• DymStudios - CEO

@Esoba said in The Red Threat Seems Acceptable:

The cart is a bug indeed, I wasn't aware of that. If someone harrasses you pulling mobs on Terra, you can call a GM. It will give the griefer a warning, and if repeated, a ban.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured