October 20, 2022 - The Arrival of the Blessed Guardians!

Puts on a hat with horns and a sign saying "Totally Arcahem"

Hello adventurers!

The Patch Notes for the "The Arrival of the Blessed Guardians" update are now available!

Read the full patch notes here!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

he probably cant login either lololol

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Junkie nice finely in the forum lol

• @Junkie Jokes on you! 😛

@Arcahem did you done the workaround too? weird that so easy fix and forum managers didn't fix it already...

@grofire said in October 20, 2022 - The Arrival of the Blessed Guardians!:

(...)weird that so easy fix and forum managers didn't fix it already...

The (quick and dirty) workaround suggested by a user is by no means an indication on how difficult this is to fix on the developer side. We live in times of CMS, server side rendering, hydration frameworks, polyfills and transpilers,... my (unfounded) guess is that there was a copy and paste error (since both the password and the verification code field share the same ID, but ID should be unique) somewhere, which prevents referencing the field and hence turning it visible for the customer (even though you should normally use CSS instead of HTML attribute there).
    I could spend some time looking things up in the code for a more funded opinion, but I'm somewhat busy wandering around a map for the umpteenth time, searching for a crystal, which leads me to the real point of my post, this update.

Exploration is fun, I love it dearly in games, it is one of my favorite things. However, visiting the same place a third, fourth, fifth, tenth time ceases being entertaining fast. Because the map (and the spawnpoints and basically everything) is completely static (unlike advertised as the completely dynamic, ever changing). Hence the concept of having to spend 2-4 hours running around the map, simply searching for an event marker isn't what I was hoping to see for primal crystals. I am well aware that development time is precious and the development is very close to having to release due to monetary constraints, but the idea that stargates are a massive and rare endeavor, that require cooperation and coordination (build one somewhere on the map like a house, but with plenty of stone, wood, metal, reagents,...) that would have an impact and last for a considerable amount of time was pitched around as early as Kickstarter. And what we have now is by no means anywhere close to that pitch. And that brings up the next point in the update, the new 'race'...
    We're still lacking the promised and pitched Wolf/Bear-kin, we're lacking primal forms, asteroids, alchemy, relics, religion, demons, Tartaros, taming, dungeons,... (several core design features and plenty of stretch goals, which were funded during Kickstarter in order to have them in the game before release, not month/years afterwards). Why are you spending time on something that was never promised instead and that doesn't offer a lot of benefit instead?

What I greatly appreciate though is that we got patch notes with the announcement before the patch and not afterwards, second time in a row now.

• Content Creator

@Logain To be fair, they said pretty much since the very beginning that Stretch Goals would probably not be implemented until after release.

Also, in regards to the new race, this is dynamically adapting to two of the main complaints of racial handling in the game, namely: PvE focused players (and groups period) who want to play in mixed race human/wildfolk parties from right out of tutorial, and a general complaint that there aren't any human subraces. (granted, the suggested "human" subraces were the Tolkeinesk Elves, Dwarves, etc... and not humanized wildkin with an ethnic feel like we got, but at least its an attempt to make some people happy that didn't cost much in dev time)

@GamerSeuss said in October 20, 2022 - The Arrival of the Blessed Guardians!:

(...)they said pretty much since the very beginning that Stretch Goals would probably not be implemented until after release(...)

The whole point behind a stretch goal is to enable the developer to work towards including this feature before the developer can generate additional funds from sales. That said, software development isn't trivial, so, when schedules have to be reworked, including some of the stretch goals past release is obviously 'ok', as in easy to convey towards backers. What's difficult and different is when you ask people for extra money to have some features included before release, then skip these features and instead spend the money these people paid you on other features.

(...)PvE focused players (and groups period) who want to play in mixed race human/wildfolk parties from right out of tutorial(...)

Since the concept of interplanetary travel has been severely changed already and humans can live on Arboreus without time limitations (as was the original design), a solution would have been to allow human characters to choose Terra as starting continent. That would solve the request, cost less than 1 developer-hour, and probably please more people than a human-beastman-chimera.

(...)that didn't cost much in dev time(...)

If that didn't 'cost much in dev time', why do we not have bear/wolf implemented yet? The cost should be in the same ballpark.

• Content Creator

@Logain actually, no, because the other wildfolk races require additional artwork, if nothing else, while what they used for the wildfolk humans could have been alternate feature skins already developed and/or borrowed from other asset packs.

Obviously the wildfolkkin humans are based around a different ethnic archetype is all, and thus much easier to quickly implement. It may have even been character customization options already planned but repurposed.

They haven't done tge hard part for tge wildfolk yet, their primal powers, so all these humans really required was a slight attribute adjustment so far.

The explanation was given in the last council.

Adding these humans literally required to just draw the new hair types.

Instead if you look at the other races, they have different animations on top of different skins. The animation is probably why we still don't have them, since we know that they have a long queue of work in that area.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured