Something unique about Fractured

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Hi,

I wanted to start a discussion about Fractured MMO in regards to what makes it different from other MMOs released thus far. For example, Albion online was fully released sometime in 2017, but from what I've heard it lost many of its player's interest due to reasons I'm not too sure of. Therefore, I was wondering what you guys are looking forward to in this game that you haven't seen or experienced before, which might keep you playing for a long while.

Thanks 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kenta said in Something unique about Fractured:

For example, Albion online was fully released sometime in 2017, but from what I've heard it lost many of its player's interest due to reasons I'm not too sure of.

180k -> 4-6K. Due the gank fest game. Most of the players are carebears ;). Hoping that fractured will be not like AO.

• @finland 4-6k sounds pretty healthy for a b2p indie game. I've played far "deader" games than that. I'd be surprised if Dynamight are aiming much higher.

On topic: The sandboxy three worlds with different rulesets is what drew me in. I'm curious to see how it plays out. And the combat sounds pretty dope.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I want to dive them siege machines

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It's the 3 worlds with 3 rulesets plus you explore instead of grinding mobs. The big problem with AO online was it had a heavy grind and the best grindspots where on 24/7 lockdown by big guilds. And I was in one of those guilds and the grind groups had a preffered max number for best xp/hour. So if that number was reached you where left out. Was really frustrating.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I see! Glad to hear everyone's thoughts.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@kenta said in Something unique about Fractured:

(...)due to reasons I'm not too sure of(...)

It's a normal development for an indie niche game and they fully expected it. I would think that if Fractured manages to sell as many copies and keep as many concurrent users as AO after launch, they would be both extremely happy and very lucky.

The interplanetary traveling and interaction together with the 'no-grind'-knowledge system and the MOBA aspect (specifically of combat) is what has me interested in Fractured.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Like most people, the 3 worlds and exploration is pretty intriguing, but what really lured me in was the 400 spells/magic school idea. Personally played a lot of old school rpgs that had similar systems so was pretty excited to see a game going a similar route. Also, isometric is my favourite views point.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target said in Something unique about Fractured:

@finland 4-6k sounds pretty healthy for a b2p indie game. I've played far "deader" games than that. I'd be surprised if Dynamight are aiming much higher.

On topic: The sandboxy three worlds with different rulesets is what drew me in. I'm curious to see how it plays out. And the combat sounds pretty dope.

I hope to see bigger numbers. Ofc if you play as ganker you will accept that small population. People with that play style can't expect to see more people. PvErs are the biggest part of the MMO communities.

• Wiki Editor

Indeed PvEers are the biggest part of community, but even PVEers want to make PVP sometimes. So the game would be unique, when it can attract both. Not to forget the Roleplayers, if you can hold them too, you will have a very unique character of the game.
    If the world will be that dynamic as they mention, then it can be a balance between all playstyles.
    I want to explore, to meet, to be surprised about hidden things, to get exited about the details in the world lores and decorations. Also i want to get in fear, if i start a dangerous travel to a rough world and to try to be a hero, when i'm able to defend the values of my mind.
    And i wish, that all areas will be content of whole gamelife, no matter if it is the "starterarea", the usual "leveling area" or the supposed "endgame area".

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Albion was the biggest grindfest game ever. I could take it any longer. Best thing they did was introduced the phone app. Made it easier to jump in and play when on the road.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@finland hope so. Only way to find out is to get out there though 😁

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vinshow I was active on Ablion Online since Beta so I'm here to give some suggestions. I wanna help out DS devs avoid to fail like AO. The players that enjoy gankfest games and are here to cry about everything that goes off ganking things. They should go play AO.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Like others, the 3 planets and their different rulesets, the fact there is no level, the different schools... I think everything attract me ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Another thing that attracted me is the exploration as the planets are so large you might go places no one has ever gone

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured