Warfare

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I propose, purely for the purpose of testing sieges, that every town and player so disposed, bends their every thought and action towards one goal; the besieging, defeating, burning and salting of the city of The OranThul, and all that dwell there.

Or at the very least the early introduction of the world of Tartaros so that the rest of us can be rid of those bloody-minded pests.

Barring these ideas, what about forming a posse of bounty hunters? It seems that PK players run around in groups, but I have only seen lone sherriffs

I would like to apologise for the initial post here; it was unkind, and, if not written in anger, at least in grave irritation, not to mention being more than a little childish.

That being said, the events that inspired this little outburst are worthy of some consideration, which I shall include in a more useful post

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/13972/to-fight-a-losing-battle-and-not-lose-it?_=1618310698254

• Content Creator

@Mirgannel12 Ohh look. Another thread by "Ralph of Upmeads"

You got killed ONCE and went on a bitch fit. You realized your foolishness and apologized.

Apology accepted.

Then you went and made yet ANOTHER post targeted directly at me.

I never spoke to you. I have no idea who you are beyond a random player I ran into and killed.

This is EXACTLY why I think separate servers are a good idea.

A role player gets ganked ONCE and creates 3 forum threads about it.

@Nekrage I have in fact been outnumbered and killed by you and your guild three or four times now, the first one or two I referred to in a post to @Xzait, which I cannot seem to find, perhaps they, @GamerSeuss or @StormBug can link it, I believe it was those two that responded to it.

The second and third occurred on the night described in my reply to your reply on my other post here:
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/13972/to-fight-a-losing-battle-and-not-lose-it/10

Myself and my lone active guild mate, Palatine, were fighting earth golems in the heartwood, when we encountered 6-8 members of The OranThul, by whom the two of us were quickly defeated, slain and looted.

Upon resupplying, we decided to forgo further endeavors in the Heartwood, and try instead the goblin hills.
    After about half an hour or so there, we again encountered the party of OranThul members, to the same result.

As to targeting you; perhaps I have, my first death in a new game ensured I would remember you I suppose.
    However, had you read the entirety of my other post, you might notice that it does in fact deal little with you other than as an example of something I fear will happen to this game, that this post here, while vindictive, does not propose, other that salting the earth, anything that is not likely to occur, or that I am sure you would not invite; as the largest Evil aligned guild and city, The Oranthul is almost certain to be the first city involved in a siege.

• Content Creator

@Mirgannel12 I personally killed you. Once and have only seen you in game once.

I cannot speak for the rest of my guild as they do not run every kill past me to log it or something.

@Mirgannel12 said in Warfare:

The Oranthul is almost certain to be the first city involved in a siege.

I certainly hope so. Hopefully you join us as a test. Hell you could even join us for the remainder of the test just to get a feel for PvP and sieges.

We opened our guild to ALL for this test for that specific reason. We want EVERYONE to be able to test the ENTIRETY of the game.

I am sure there are people here that will vouch for me when I say we left people alone to play even when they would SURELY die to us as we severely outnumbered them. We aren't all bad...I promise. Tak is the most recent player I can remember.

@Nekrage fair enough, it was, I believe Bukykat that did for me the second time, and I while I thought I saw you in the group at the goblin hills, I can't be certain.
    It didn't occur to me, having so recently encountered one large group of OranThul members that there might be more than one party, though I see now it was unlikely for the first party to so quickly turn up in the very next area we went to.

I realise that I have been accusative, and while my only truly angry comment was directed at the guild entire, I have otherwise targeted you personally only as the 'face' of the possibly never-to-be-realised aspects of the game I personally am most desirous of.
    My main point has been, and whatever my reason for making it, it is still valid, that there seems to be a great deal of unnecessary killing and looting of defeated players, considering that this is a testing phase, and those actions, once determined that they work, which I think we can say they do, really serve no purpose, they only make it harder for the so deprived players to progress with the testing, though now that I think about it, not by a lot in terms of the items, though it certainly takes a mental toll.

As guildmaster of the OranThul you are the natural example for such points to be made concerning, however, my only three references to you personally were to quote you and to hope that the two of us could enjoy the completed game, despite our differences.

@Nekrage fair enough, it was, I believe Bukykat that did for me the second time, and I while I thought I saw you in the group at the goblin hills, I can't be certain.
    It didn't occur to me, having so recently encountered one large group of OranThul members that there might be more than one party, though I see now it was unlikely for the first party to so quickly turn up in the very next area we went to.

I realise that I have been accusative, and while my only truly angry comment was directed at the guild entire, I have otherwise targeted you personally only as the 'face' of the possibly never-to-be-realised aspects of the game I personally am most desirous of.
    My main point has been, and whatever my reason for making it, it is still valid, that there seems to be a great deal of unnecessary killing and looting of defeated players, considering that this is a testing phase, and those actions, once determined that they work, which I think we can say they do, really serve no purpose, they only make it harder for the so deprived players to progress with the testing, though now that I think about it, not by a lot in terms of the items, though it certainly takes a mental toll.

As guildmaster of the OranThul you are the natural example for such points to be made concerning, however, my only three references to you personally were to quote you and to hope that the two of us could enjoy the completed game, despite our differences.

@Mirgannel12 I can’t find the post that you are referencing, sorry. I can tell you this though, I have had far greater problems with Blue Army that with The Oran’Thul.

My suggestion is that if you are having a hard time then take @Nekrage up on his offer. My tiny guild (three people) was part of The Oran’Thul city the last two tests and it was fantastic. He means what he says.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@rgarrett I think this comment was totally unneeded here.

@StormBug no problem, thanks for looking 🙂 do you know if there is a point where posts are deleted? I couldn't seem to find any old posts.
    I did get chased once or twice by members of the Blue Army, though fortunately they gave up or I gave them the slip (ducking downwards off of a horizontal section of road allows you to see their shadow as they ride past, and they can't see you 😉 )

I was, at the time, quite put out, but now that I've thought about it, I'm not really worried about getting killed (and I thought I had already learned that lesson from Dark Souls 😛 )
    But it did bring up a those points I mentioned in my other post, about interaction between players of PvE/PvP, Evil/Good etc.

As to joining Nekrage, I am, no offence, still sceptical about his guild at least, and as I'm sure this whole thing has shown, people remember your name and associations; I will always remember Nekrage as a 'red' player, and whatever his personal character, I would rather not have any association with the guild, so that, should anyone remember 'Niggle', or 'Ralph' for that matter, there is no connection with evil alignment.
    Nekrage pointed out I am a 'Role-Player', and I prefer to have my game characters act as possible the way I would in those situations, which is why I am so invested in Fractured having ways of learning skills, and thereby making the game viable, without killing things.
    🙂

• Content Creator

@Mirgannel12 said in Warfare:

As to joining Nekrage, I am, no offence, still sceptical about his guild at least, and as I'm sure this whole thing has shown, people remember your name and associations; I will always remember Nekrage as a 'red' player, and whatever his personal character, I would rather not have any association with the guild, so that, should anyone remember 'Niggle', or 'Ralph' for that matter, there is no connection with evil alignment.

I think this is where the role-player comes out.

Role-players seem to think that being an "evil" player makes you a bad person in real life. It's an insane mind-set that I just can't wrap my head around.

It's ok to PvP. It's ok to try new playstyles.

"I don't want to be associated with a damn criminal!" Really sounds like people are labeling PvP'ers as actual bad people in real life and that's just downright ridiculous. This same sentiment was echoed in Discord and in other threads by other role-players.

I don't see what is so strange about it.
    He is saying that he doesn't want his character to be associated with a red character. I don't think that the player behind the char being a nice person or not has any bearing in it.

His character is a lawful one and doesn't want any connections with criminals. That's a perfectly fine reason if you care about the RP aspect of the game.

@Nekrage I'm sure it is not really that difficult to understand how people might think that way.

@Xzait has made the same point in a post of mine, which you did in fact comment on, though perhaps did not fully peruse, else your comment here might be needless https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/13516/mythopoeia-modified/7?_=1618554739823 and my response is also there. (@Stormbug I found it 🙂 I remembered that it was the same post as the 'Squatter-King' 😜

There is certainly prejudice against evil players, but, while often incorrect, such prejudice is not unfounded; if all you know about a player is that they have chosen an evil alignment, it makes less sense to assume that they are nice than to assume they are not.

I believe that most players do not act on this prejudice, and replace it with more accurate opinion of the player so aligned, as soon as the players actions justify or disqualify the original prejudice.

My remarks about association are partly in reference to this prejudice; considering that no one can have no opinion of a person, and that whatever opinion they do have is compounded of all their relevant knowledge, I have no interest in including in anyone's opinion of the names 'Niggle' or 'Ralph of Upmeads' the information that they have been at some time of an evil alignment.

I have in fact, during this test, created a character purely for the purpose of trialling an evil-aligned character; 'Bull Shock-Head', whom I have as of yet done little with because I have been focusing mainly on 'Ralph'.
    As well as this, and the reason I have not been in-game lately, I am writing a short narrative providing some insight into my concept for the guild Mythopoeia/Beleaguered Fools, wherein I detail the guilds relationship and opinion of 'Evil' players.

As a 'Role-Player' I like to keep my characters 'in-character' as it where, and so I could not very well cause 'Ralph of Upmeads', Friend of The Well, and general Paragon of Virtue, to align himself with evil.

I do not, as a rule, wish to play as an evil aligned character, or to have my good aligned characters associated in ANY way with such alignment. It is, as they say, "a free country"

@Nekrage I believe I am entitled to decide with whom I am associated, and considering my personal experiences with The OranThul, I surely have the right to decline your invitation.
    I would also appreciate it if you did not so grossly misquote me.

On reflection, I must thank you @Nekrage, and apologise once again.
    While I still think that The OranThul goes about PvP too aggressively, and that you bear some responsibility, as guild master, for the actions of your members, and I suggest that you might find people are more like to take you at your word and not write "salty threads" if your guild members actions are more in line with your own, I am indebted to you for helping me realise that a players actions are what others will remember about them, and not their alignment or associates.

which brings me to a point that I will address in a separate post because it deserves its own title
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/14097/in-communicado

I do hope that this is received in the spirit it is intended; I don't want to be a wet blanket or a prude, and I do sincerely thank you, you have greatly helped me to 'grow as a person' as they say 😛 but I don't want anyone to think I condone what I do not, which, again, I will address elsewhere.

I'll try not to tag you in anymore posts 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured