Patch Log - v.a.2.5.0f + Jail System Info

• DymStudios - CEO

Signing up as a bounty hunter at a jail allows a Good character to punish crime and potentially make good money at the same time.

When a character is jailed:

• Jail time ranges from 24h to 48h according to the criminal's Karma (0 to -10,000).
    • Bail value ranges from 2,000 gold to 6,000 gold according to the criminal's Karma (0 to -10,000). Paying bail triggers instant jail release.

A jailed character can bail itself out. Money is withdrawn from its Global Gold Wallet (available at the bank in all cities that have researched it and starting areas). Other players can pay a prisoner's bail too by interacting with the board outside of the jail.

If a bail is paid, half of it goes to the city, the other half goes to the bounty hunter.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that would prevent players jailed in starting areas from being able to click the shackles button to release themselves.
    • The same bug was preventing everyone from bailing jailed players out.
    • Fixed a bug that would allow Evil players to get their Karma above 0 by doing PvE.
    • The last bug was causing all sorts of bugged bail values too.

• Wiki Editor

Hail all the Sheriffs! 👏

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So....no pvp this alpha? Got it.

• Wiki Editor

@Lemdul81 said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.0f + Jail System Info:

So....no pvp this alpha? Got it.

Just because it has consequences, if you are evil?
    Or just because you are forced just to make PVP with other REDs instead of just killing people who are obvisiouly non PVP player, and you have to be same careful outside in the world as every PVE player has to be, because of open PVP all around.
    Without the Bounty Hunting, the game wouldn't be playable for all PVE player anymore, because they would never reach the PVE hotspots without getting ganked again and again. So it is just fair, if they have a possibility to get justice.

If you think, it prevents PVP at all, please make a suggestion for PVP only areas, where Bounty Hunting don't work, but that PVE player can avoid to step in. 😛

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Kralith you nailed it!
    Some people think that PvP = Strong Big Ganker suddently raining down on Unexpecting Farming Noob.
    Almost every game that doesn't address wild PvP ends up losing its whole PvE population, which means dead game more sooner than later.

• Both Kralith and GreatValdus fail to understand the problem. But I guess most carebears would to protect "their domain" from evil pvp people trying to pvp in a pvp game.

Minimum sentence of 24 hours real time is pretty ridiculous compared to any other punishment system I've ever played with.

How about you flip the situation and BOUNTY HUNTERS who were on the job and killed don't get to respawn unless they pay for AT LEAST a full 24 hours? Is that still such a wonderful idea @GreatValdus @Kralith ?

• Wiki Editor

@fr4me01 said in Patch Log - v.a.2.5.0f + Jail System Info:

...fail to understand the problem. But I guess most carebears would to protect "their domain" from evil pvp people trying to pvp in a pvp game.

Wow, harsh words to conclude we wouldn't understand a problem, just in reason of short answers and without a good conversation about. Slow yourself boy.
    Even if i am a carebear, i don't "protect my domain...", because "my domain" will be most likely not Syndesia, but Arboreus, where YOU PVPer have nothing to say.
    I think you don't understand, that we are in a game where PVP and PVE will exist beside each other. And you maybe don't understand, that we are on Syndesia, the planet for both sides. For your "pvp in a pvp game" you will have later on Tartaros, there you can PVP without consequences.
    Maybe read about the game design, before you are doing fast conclusions.

How about you flip the situation and BOUNTY HUNTERS who were on the job and killed don't get to respawn unless they pay for AT LEAST a full 24 hours? Is that still such a wonderful idea

I already said in the feedback thread about, that i think the 24 hours are way too much.
    Maybe read there, it is more the place for discussing about this topic.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@fr4me01 it's a PvP game, of course, in fact you can do PvP.
    It's also a game where, in the human world, you get punished if caught being an evil PvPer, so yes, you get punished for doing PvP.
    Differently from other games, in Fractured being evil comes with a cost, you must be willing to pay it.
    You kill a person every week? You won't have so bad a karma to get punished much.
    You kill tenths of people on a daily basis? When you get caught you serve your time in punishment.
    It's not like your killing didn't destroy hours and days spent by other players and it's not like wild PvP is the main core concept of Fractured, that's it.
    If you don't address the problem you'll end up with Arboreus, Tartaros and Tartaros Two.
    Chosing to be good has rewards.
    Chosing to be bad has risks.
    You decide.
    Plus, I've never said everything is perfect as is, and I'm not in favor of a system that prevents you from playing at all, which is way somewhere in some topic I've proposed some sort of forced labor mechanic, allowing the jailed evildoer to play somehow while serving its sentence.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured