Suggestion ingame pub

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

My suggestion is for a buillding (pub) in the middle of no where, all races could go where pvp is banned but u can spar against each other. Drink ale, live auctions, fishing out the back and maybe some mount races with the back of the pub being the starting and finishing points. The live auctions would be items that were placed in the auctions house that were not sold and coming to the end of being on the ah, automatically selected at random by the auctioneer npc who would then sell on stage at a discount.

Even the odd beer fights, losers get to wear a pink dress for 24 hrs

Winner of a number of beer fights gets an exclusive title.

Just an idea and somewhere to chill out with some fun events

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Interesting idea. But maybe it should be some sort of an instance that can be accessed through a portal or special NPC in the main city on each of the planets. So it would be easy to get to for every race, without much risk of getting slaughtered while trying to get there.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Guilds can build their own cities here, so I think it would be best if any guild could build such a tavern in their own city.

Would there be pretty bar wenches?

i'll say that i hate the idea of a sanctuary. to me that isn't in the spirit of the game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

IMO, that sounds interesting. A place to chill/brawl, but the pink dress really?

• Wiki Editor

The idea is a nice one. But i suggest not just one pub, there should be more spots with such places, every with his own Lore and theme.
    And @EvolGrinZ sure intanced would lower the risk to zero, but believe me, to get some fear to reach it can attract the gameplay and would be more Roleplay like than just go through some stupid portal.
    But there could be different taverns/pubs with different difficulty to reach them and maybe get some special reward depending on the difficulty of the path to it.

• Wiki Editor

@dybuk said in Suggestion ingame pub:

Guilds can build their own cities here, so I think it would be best if any guild could build such a tavern in their own city.

Why not, but i would like to have the option to make it public to attract some random player who like to be to hangout with you in your great created atmosphere.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Suggestion ingame pub:

i'll say that i hate the idea of a sanctuary. to me that isn't in the spirit of the game.

Not correct! Is not the spirit of a game you wish. This game as said will target both pvper and pvers so I think it's legitimate to give something for both sides. I think pvpers are just scared to have not enugh players to fight if we get enough safe spots. But I'll tell you a secret: the problem are not the games but the play style. Mostly players prefer to play safe and forcing pvp is not way to have more players to fight. It's just a way to get a niche game that could die.

@finland said in Suggestion ingame pub:

@jetah said in Suggestion ingame pub:

Not correct! Is not the spirit of a game you wish. This game as said will target both pvper and pvers so I think it's legitimate to give something for both sides. I think pvpers are just scared to have not enugh players to fight if we get enough safe spots. But I'll tell you a secret: the problem are not the games but the play style. Mostly players prefer to play safe and forcing pvp is not way to have more players to fight. It's just a way to get a niche game that could die.

a game like this shouldn't have a sanctuary in it. a place where evil and good coexist can't exist.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah It's your point of view. Neutral and good alignment can coexists. Sanctuaries could be limited for "nice" people by npc guards (like bodyguards) kicking evil ass out. Take it as a lore solution. But I really don't mind. I have no problems to share pvp-off spots with evil people like in wow.

@finland said in Suggestion ingame pub:

@jetah It's your point of view. Neutral and good alignment can coexists. Sanctuaries could be limited for "nice" people by npc guards (like bodyguards) kicking evil ass out. Take is as a lore solution. But I really don't mind. I have no problems to share pvp-off spots with evil people like in wow.

so long as the evil can invade! cause that totally what they'd do. so many targets in one place.. mmmm

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah dunno what you mean with the term "invade". If you think as a massive event it will not happen neither on Syndesia except during eclips (I presume it will least few hours every day). If you mean the travel option well it could be managed if the pvp zone will be not much. Anyway we have to wait the spotlight.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

i already have high expectations of people having their own taverns, if people can have their own taverns, a neutral building with easy access would kill all the traffic for the taverns.
    i would enjoy it more if i could get to a tavern owned and built by another player in the game.
    most of the events you listed seem pretty cool though.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I love it, a pub is the definition of where evil and good do coexist. I'd say the pub should be how guilds get to their building. Let it be the hub where community can exist. I think even demons can agree the availability of ale is worth not frying each other.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ildirettore unluckly not 😕 evil people just care to kill. Take a look:

jetah said in Suggestion ingame pub:

a game like this shouldn't have a sanctuary in it. a place where evil and good coexist can't exist.

Pubs with games of chance, fighting, questing, drinking with social and faction bonuses. In my opinion games without them are doing it wrong. If you wanted to know what was going on in the old old days you went to the local pubs. Loose lips and eager hips with local fermented beverages.... and if you were lucky some interesting plant based kickers included for even more fun. Count me in!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Such a place already exists. It's called The Fractured Fist Tavern and it's right here on the forums. So I dare invite you all for a couple of drinks, oh and @Jetah , You're free to challenge @Finland to a "punch-line brawl" and settle your dispute. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

That sounds quite interesting but if all races are supposed to go there it'll be complicated to reach it without getting killed perhaps you walk into the pub and it's linked with other pubs on other that would mean many pubs are the same one

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kralith said in Suggestion ingame pub:

Why not, but i would like to have the option to make it public to attract some random player who like to be to hangout with you in your great created atmosphere.

Who said that guild cities won't be public? I think you will be able to visit them, spend your money in them, etc.

@iOracle
    In Skullkickers webcomic there was an idea of a "nexus", the tavern behind all of taverns - it connected each and every tavern in the worlds (this and others), as each was a reflection of the nexus 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured