GOD MODE OF Crafting

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I will summarize what I want to say in a few lines
    I want to make the great Dark Moon Sword.
    First it must be night.
    The steel used is a sword defiled by demons, meaning that it was used by a demon and was recycled.
    The used hammer is both hand hammer type that needs 20 STR and above
    When setting the steel, you need some time, such as reducing the temperature and raising it - for example, when the steel is inserted into the fuse, the timer starts. You will not see any information that you must have previously studied during the forum or wiki to continue. Between the next 10 and 15 the temperature should be raised from 300 degrees Celsius to 1000 degrees Celsius, and when the second 20 reaches it, it must be brought back to normal ...... Only examples.
    Even the degree of coldness varies, for example, the degree of cold must be raised in the second 5 to minus 20 degrees Celsius, and in the second 10 degrees, the degree of coldness should be brought back to normal.
    Forging with a hammer is different when reaching the second 5, the strength of the hammer must be set to a force of 25. Upon reaching the second 10, the strength should be increased to 100, and between tith 14 and 17, it should be reduced to 37.
    The stronger the element, the more difficult it is to manufacture it. We just want to feel the ingenuity of everyone who is skilled in the industry and not leave everything to the intelligence of ability. We want to feel that we are the ones who truly manufacture our weapons.
    How to find out the common weapon crafting script is on the wiki and forum
    Either rare weapons need to kill monsters, and some major guilds may monopolize them, or you may find them in treasure, or someone NBC may give you a crafting method that can be sold and become rich.
    Just make the game different from other games, we want to feel that if you did a study and worked hard, you would be distinguished from others
    And the game will be more excited
    When you want to create something, you must have studied the variables that must occur at different times. The person will feel that he is actually working. The stronger the weapon, the greater the power and the greater the amount of its sale.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@anasfract said in GOD MODE OF Crafting:

I want to start by saying that what you propose is ambitious, I would totally play a game with a detailed crafting system like that and I remember having seen something like this (but not as complex) before.
    I like it and I would play it, but I'll start pointing out that this is kinda out of scope for a game like Fractured.
    The average player doesn't want a crafting minigame, and I suppose this will never be implemented because it is not what the game aims at.
    I will anyway analyze the points you made just imagining that the game will float towards this kind of crafting system, I don't think it will, but just for the love of talking about it ideally.

I want to make the great Dark Moon Sword.
    First it must be night.

Good point for sure, requirements like specific times of the day are already in place in other game, good way to give variety.

The steel used is a sword defiled by demons, meaning that it was used by a demon and was recycled.

That too sounds good, required material or starting equipment could have had a specific history like the example you brought here.

The used hammer is both hand hammer type that needs 20 STR and above

This is more meh, an attribute requirement can become an unfair obstacle in certain cases, or a trivial and useless one in others, risk to be unbalanced and unfair.

When setting the steel, you need some time, such as reducing the temperature and raising it - for example, when the steel is inserted into the fuse, the timer starts. You will not see any information that you must have previously studied during the forum or wiki to continue. Between the next 10 and 15 the temperature should be raised from 300 degrees Celsius to 1000 degrees Celsius, and when the second 20 reaches it, it must be brought back to normal
    How to find out the common weapon crafting script is on the wiki and forum

The rise and fall temperatures of crafting materials are surely lovely, I like that mechanic a lot and played in games like Runescape and The Sims Medieval.
    As I said this is probably the main reason for the system to not be implemented, because differently from me and you, the average player doesn't want to engage this kind of minigame activity for crafting.
    A personal note about the need to study on the wiki, that's a big no for me, the game should be playable without need to constantly dig on wiki or forum, it strips away game immersion for the player.

Either rare weapons need to kill monsters, and some major guilds may monopolize them, or you may find them in treasure, or someone NBC may give you a crafting method that can be sold and become rich.

This is ambiguous.
    What do you mean with "crafting method"?
    Do you intend that the character must learn the recipe to be able to perform it, or is it player side, so the player must know the procedure to perform it?
    In the first case it can work in game, with recipes that can be traded and taught, in the second case someone will post it somewhere and make the procedure public, so everyone will know it, thus the whole point of rare recipes will be trivialized.

Just make the game different from other games, we want to feel that if you did a study and worked hard, you would be distinguished from others
    And the game will be more excited
    When you want to create something, you must have studied the variables that must occur at different times. The person will feel that he is actually working. The stronger the weapon, the greater the power and the greater the amount of its sale.

As I said I would totally play that way, but for the average player it would be a negative feature, and for the dev team it would be a lot of effort to put in the game.
    Add these together and you get a mechanic with a lot of developing effort to make people unhappy, not likely to happen in this game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GreatValdus tier 1 to tier 3 is made in the simple, normal way present in the game now, either tier 4 and above, in the manner of the above, I am sure there are many ways to make money. If you want tier 4 items, you just need to pay more gold or spend more time to make it yourself. The method will give time for the unions and the weakened cities to recover and gather their strength. It will give the small unions the opportunity to overwhelm the big but lazy unions.
    What made the game ranked from the top 10 is its distinction.
    These ideas may be applied in the future, but the last word is mine. Primoteus.

• Content Creator

@anasfract Although it is a fun mini-game idea that will appeal to a very small number of players out there, it would not work for Fractured and here's why:

Yes, Fractured is a player driven and created equipment economy, however, part of the basis of that economy is disposable weapons that needs must be replaced periodically. No matter how good a weapon is, it eventually breaks and they purposely don't even have plans for repairing said weaponry. A weapon created in such a mini-game would be great, but if it only lasted a month, nobody would want to play the mini-game for it.

Also, a couple of your items used to craft the weapon would fit better in a more traditional MMO where specialized items like defiled swords might be found in long lost treasure troves, where here in Fractured, although there are 'rare' reagents, no reagent is quite that rare so that everyone is said to have an equal chance to gathering all types of reagents.

Finally, as was said before, having to go to the wiki/forums/internet to get the 'recipe' for such crafting would break immersion (not that others wouldn't do exactly that) and this kind of mini-game would work better if you had to find the recipe in-game, like as a scroll or book found in a treasure (again, not something fitting Fractured's theme) and then have said physical item on your person while utilizing the recipe to prevent people from just putting the steps online to be kibitzed.

Lovely thought for a mini-game for a new MMO, just not one that fits Fractured in the least.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

last time i was promissed such a system for bunch of my money was COE and it end up to be a scam and all my money gone. so dont promiss me this anymore just do what u already do without any mini-games that supposadly blow my mind cos im not buying it. do it simple as it is as it been shown but do it 100% guarantie it will be out in time. cheers

ps - and plz dont pm sent me your threads. they can be brilliant for you but it doesnt mean you have to force me to read this crap. regards

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@anasfract as I said, and as also @GamerSeuss pointed out, the mechanic is really interesting, but it doesn't fit Fractured game style.
    So yeah, maybe one day, who knows, for now we still don't have core functionalities fully built, thinking too much about the future when it's too early makes you lose the focus on what needs to be done the first finish the game and make it playable.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss thanks so much

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@boogis i will do it soory

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GreatValdus Always your words are wise

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured