OVERVIEW: SUGGESTIONS. (PvP) and some general observations

• Good morning / afternoon / night to all.
    I am Brazilian, so forgive me for the mistakes for word errors.

I, as an Ultima Online player since 1999, and currently playing "Life is Feudal: MMO", I really liked Fractured.

from Life is Feudal: The types of weapon damage: slashing / blunt / piercing and those varieties that balance armor versus weapons, The difficulty of survival, hunger, tiredness, having to recover after death, being able to build your own home or an entire village. Full loot..

From Ultima Online: The spells, the dungeons, the monsters, the game map, the possibility that you can use all kinds of items and release all the spells, but according to your knowledge skills you will be better or worse at that, Full loot, Among other things...

My opinions / Suggestions:

About gameplay and movement mechanics:
    A second option of controls, I would like to move with the right click and do actions with the left click.
    Chases are sometimes tiring, and the fullplate warrior may be slower, this is normal, but a berserker buff to gain speed would be considerably interesting, but only spending 2 skill points, only those with berserker skills can use it. The buffs that exist do not yet compensating.
    Maybe implement stamina, so that "runners" would have to have a control of stamina consumption, there are archers and mages with agility, who simply unleash magic and run/shot and run, and learned to do it very well, a warrior fullplate doesn't have much to do.

**Add Auto-Walk.

BUFFS and SPELLS:
    You must urgently balance the strongest buffs, with restrictions/considering the skill segment. For example:
    A strong magic, could only be used, for those who have superior skill in that segment of intelligence /Mages.
    The strong "warrior buffs", only for those with Berserker / Polearm / Titan Figther/ skills...
    The same thing in the Agility and Perception segment for archers and assassins ..

**This would avoid some unbalanced builds that are going on.

**I also realized that some mages use 03 strong spells at the same time, and can full damage all of the enemy's HP, this should receive special attention.

Weapons x Armor / Damage:
    I think all weapons should do more damage without buff. It is difficult to chase someone with a melee weapon and hit a hit on the move, and not cause damage, it is a great headache and tiredness, I abandoned some pvp because I was irritated by it.

I found practically no one using mace or polearms and piercing / spears.

A better advantage for these items:

I think axes and polearms should cause "chopping" damage, and not "slashing" like swords.
    And add a buff that drops the enemy from the mount. For the Master Polearms skill segment.

Piercings weapons could add the application of poisons.

Maces, A chance to provoke "Stun" with just a simple blow hit.

Naked, take much more damage, this will solve the problem of opportunists players in a full lot game

Create armor / magic weapons for PvM, different items with special bonuses for specific monster species, without influencing damage / defense against players.
    These items would be very important for PvM / PvE players.

Enchants / Magic Items:
    Magic and enchanted items, earning some extra bonuses, but that do not make anyone using these items to be BOSS, the skill should be worth over the use of items, a pvp based item is not viewed with good eyes if you want a more realistic immersion game.

I also think that it was a mistake to enable the option to enchant armor in this Alpha, many players who did not know this, fought with people with enchanted items, who received no damage, and killed them easily, that was frustrating.

The enchanted items must have different colors, this is good for the game design, they would look better, armor and weapons with metallic colors, and very important for the identification of the items among the players, that would be at least fair, to know the power of the enemy in a fight.

Final remarks:

01 ) Enable an option for the character to sit / lie down to passively recover stamina.

Cooking Tasty foods, which would increase the time of resistance drop and hunger.

02 ) Be careful when dividing servers PvE (PvP/PVE) and PvP. MMO needs a good amount of players, the value of the game is not very accessible, especially here in Brazil and Latin America.

You should create two large areas with NPC guards protection, in the two corners of the map, for pve players. Where Pks could not enter without being attacked by strong guards, who would do a lot of damage to them. However, these players should always pay an amount of gold to the crown for protection.

I don't agree with a PvE-only server, I think the pve player deserves his right to build, collect, ,hunt, mine, build his house, without being attacked. But in a dungeon, he must have these risks, or else he is in the wrong game, he should know "The Sims".

03 ) As it is a game that automatically forces you to have many characters from different builds, it would not be interesting to launch a promotional value to the game, with the right to create only one character, and sell additional characters.

Thanks for your attention, none of this was personal to anyone, I see potential in this game and I want it to be at the top soon.

• Content Creator

They aren't breaking up PvP vs PvE by servers, but rather by planets in the game. Right now, the game is planned to run on a single instanced server with everyone able to interact with everyone. Depending on growth, that may change.

• A PvE, VIP player, with privileges that cannot be attacked by any other player, and that also cannot cause damage or heal other players.
    I prefer this VIP player playing with me, on the same server, than on a specific server, this player can be very important for the trade. I don't want to have to log out and go from server to server to find someone.

A few answers to your points:

"**I also realized that some mages use 03 strong spells at the same time, and can full damage all of the enemy's HP, this should receive special attention." - This is currently done mostly through the Ice Spike spell, which is already receiving attention and will be modified.

"Piercings weapons could add the application of poisons." You can already do that.

"Maces, A chance to provoke "Stun" with just a simple blow hit." They already do that.

"Naked, take much more damage, this will solve the problem of opportunists players in a full lot game" They already do.

"Magic and enchanted items, earning some extra bonuses, but that do not make anyone using these items to be BOSS, the skill should be worth over the use of items, a pvp based item is not viewed with good eyes if you want a more realistic immersion game." The items don't count a lot in the game currently. The enchants are important, but are also something that can be done quite fast by everyone. They are part of the build.

"You should create two large areas with NPC guards protection, in the two corners of the map, for pve players. Where Pks could not enter without being attacked by strong guards, who would do a lot of damage to them. However, these players should always pay an amount of gold to the crown for protection." PKs cannot attack you in cities. All cities are already safe.

• ok, so everything is perfect you can end alpha and play akokaokaokaokaoka

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Zards said

01 ) Enable an option for the character to sit / lie down to passively recover stamina.

Cooking Tasty foods, which would increase the time of resistance drop and hunger.

Lots of thoughtful and constructive feedback here, even if you might've missed the part about the PvE planet-to-be. Thanks for taking time to put your thoughts in writing!

I really like the idea of being able to sit/lie down and recover endurance points a bit more quickly than just walking around but not as quickly as at a campfire. It would definitely be more realistic.
    Carrying around the makings of a campfire is how I've been rolling, but 10 stones are some real weight. If players could choose btw a campfire that instantly returns endurance OR a nap under a tree while they go pee, that would be awesome. HOWEVER: a napping person who is afk would need to know they are vulnerable to attack, unlike the campfire sleeper who logs out to stay safe.

RE creatively prepared foods: the devs have told us there are plans for this. It's going to be way fun, I think! You can already boost the satiety % of several gathered foods by cooking them. One pumpkin, cooked = 4 wolf steaks. NOM

• Wiki Editor

@Zards said in OVERVIEW: SUGGESTIONS. (PvP) and some general observations:

I also think that it was a mistake to enable the option to enchant armor in this Alpha, many players who did not know this, fought with people with enchanted items, who received no damage, and killed them easily, that was frustrating.>

Enchanting is something I looked into a lot and would like to change myself. But as for the current enchants; magic resistance is the only damage reducion enchant in the game. all the other stats are like hp regen or mana regen. you can check Ostaff enchanting helper here for all the enchantment helping : http://theshadowempire.net/public_enchantments.php

and how I think things should change :
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/12224/enchanting-my-thoughts-hopes/3?_=1609955883512

02 ) Be careful when dividing servers PvE (PvP/PVE) and PvP. MMO needs a good amount of players, the value of the game is not very accessible, especially here in Brazil and Latin America.
    You should create two large areas with NPC guards protection, in the two corners of the map, for pve players. Where Pks could not enter without being attacked by strong guards, who would do a lot of damage to them. However, these players should always pay an amount of gold to the crown for protection.
    I don't agree with a PvE-only server, I think the pve player deserves his right to build, collect, ,hunt, mine, build his house, without being attacked. But in a dungeon, he must have these risks, or else he is in the wrong game, he should know "The Sims".

The planets are not going to be the end game.
    The end game will be asteroids that everyone can go to.
    The game is going to have objectives that will force people to focus on; a lot of pvp objectives.

@Zards said in OVERVIEW: SUGGESTIONS. (PvP) and some general observations:

03 ) As it is a game that automatically forces you to have many characters from different builds, it would not be interesting to launch a promotional value to the game, with the right to create only one character, and sell additional characters.

Not to sure what you're saying here. Think you're talking about character slots? Devs "might" (not confirmed) sell more past the current 5 max amount. could even ask for them to up the amount we could have currently for test.

• @Zards Honestly, the only thing you discussed that I take an honest issue with was:

"I also think that it was a mistake to enable the option to enchant armor in this Alpha, many players who did not know this, fought with people with enchanted items, who received no damage, and killed them easily, that was frustrating.

The enchanted items must have different colors, this is good for the game design, they would look better, armor and weapons with metallic colors, and very important for the identification of the items among the players, that would be at least fair, to know the power of the enemy in a fight."

Right off the bat, as someone who is color blind that would literally put me at an immediate disadvantage since if I'm the one attacking...I'll be broadcasting to them which tactics to not open with and prepping them with the knowledge of best dmg result attacks to use as well as knowing what dmg type I am most likely attacking with as I'd be holding a weapon of said dmg type, as well as show my commitment by insuring it had extra buffs.

In other words, using an identification system like that would result in one thing...an easy fix button for players already too lazy to insure they are ready for a fight before they go to places where odds are high they're going to get into a fight.

It's not fair allowing the other party to know what your strength and weakness, rather it's a way for people saying they just want a fair fight to, in reality, have the ability to know if they should run or they have an easy kill in their sights and it's safe for them to stay. Another player being more prepared then their opponent isn't unfair....it just means that they are...well....more prepared. So all the color scheme really does is punish those who insure they're prepared and reward the ones cutting corners in maintaining battle preparedness.

A far better fix, and one that doesn't require the first digit of code? Assume everyone you come across has every single skill and attribute buff on them from head to toe as well as operate from the mindset that if they are uber buffed like that being able to match those stat increases is priority as well as will steer your combat away from bad mistakes and giving away easy kills.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured