[Towns] Rank System with logical mistake?

• Wiki Editor

Yesterday "Atrium Harbour" was at rank 10.
    I decided to test out upkeep mechanic.

My next payment for upgrading to rank 11 would have been 750 Gold, 24 Proteines and 48 Cereals.
    I decided just to put in Upkeep for the current rank 10, means 600 Gold, 20 Proteine and 40 Cereals.

263be5af-5c75-4ca0-89f1-3be6be76d33f-grafik.png
    But instead that the rank stays stable at 10 as i was expecting because i hitted the rank 10 demands, it droped to rank 9.
    Some days ago, when we missed to fill entirely, it feeled right, that we droped one rank down, because we did not even payed current rank demands.
    It doesn't sound right, that you drop too, if you payed the rank. But maybe it is intended like this.

True, it can certainly be abused, if it works like i was expecting, but i would appreciate, if there would be some kind of period of grace, where you are able to hold/freeze your rank with just paying the current rank upkeep.

I will test today, what happens, if i just pay the rank 10 demands and not the debt.
    Means 600 Gold, 40 Cereals and 20 Proteine.
    8e5ee8d5-827f-440a-af18-b8fbcd4a12fb-grafik.png

IF we will stay tomorrow still at Rank 9, because i didn't payed the debt, but the upkeep, then you have almost the same effect, as if you just would stay at the current rank when you pay it.
    Then it doesn't make sense to drop down as we did today. Except that you will be able to stay at a rank for the costs of the next rank.
    I will update this tomorrow! Lets see, how it will be.

Update one day later:
    Okay, we droped from Rank 9 to Rank 8, even i payed the Upkeep amount for Level 10 (but not the debt).
    That system is weird and not to understand at all.
    Well, i don't think it should be like this.
    Also the description is wrong again:

83e9dcca-eda8-4879-93b0-550664d32064-grafik.png

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kralith, you are amazing. I hope the devs will put you on staff right after @Specter 👍 👏 👑

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD said in [Towns] Rank System with logical mistake?:

@Kralith, you are amazing. I hope the devs will put you on staff right after Specter 👍 👏 👑

I am far far away from the Holy Banhammer of Specter.
    You know, i am "Nobody" as you are 😉

@Kralith

that and I highly doubt Kralith wants do do all that work that Specter has too!! Though I am sure Specter would be VERY happy to lessen his load! 🙂

@Ostaff said in [Towns] Rank System with logical mistake?:

@Kralith

that and I highly doubt Kralith wants do do all that work that Specter has too!! Though I am sure Specter would be VERY happy to lessen his load! 🙂

I see the two of them having very different fortes - Specter is the moderator and 'fixer'. Kralith is the vigilant documenter of found issues. Their talent sets are complimentary and VERY helpful.

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD i am appreciating your love 😘
    But you need to be fair, we have plenty of good testers in our community, all of them doing a phantastic „job“. I am nothing special in that case. 😉

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Maybe you dropped down because you didn't have enough people to rank up.

Because one of the demands is how many people are in the city.

As always, solid write up on this. I've also noticed some wonkiness with the ranking system. However, I'm not sure it would be a bad thing to be able to freeze your rank as long as you continue to meet requirements for it. Would introduce a bit of additional strategy on when to grow, or when to just stay put.

• Wiki Editor

@munch We have 45 Citizen registered in Town, we are fine in that case. The drop down i almost expected, because i didn‘t payed fully the upkeep. 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

question is.. are you proposing a feature? by that I mean, the phrasing makes it sound like you always pay the dues for the rank that you will get next. Are you saying we should be able to pay the appropriate amount to stay stable at the CURRENT rank? or am I missing that part.

Yes this is somthing she wanted to test, like pausing the ranking up for a few days without decaying.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

i think you can only stay at your rank if you don't meet the citizen/prestige request to kgo next rank.. you can only go up or down in the upkeep screen.

• Wiki Editor

Okay, we droped from Rank 9 to Rank 8, even i payed the Upkeep amount for Level 10 (but not the debt).
    That system is weird and not to understand at all.
    Well, i don't think it should be like this.
    Also the description is wrong again:

83e9dcca-eda8-4879-93b0-550664d32064-grafik.png

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured