PvP Flagging Requirement

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This could both harm and improve the game depends on the people and if they want it or not.

There are many PvE locations in Myr right now and they are packed with unflagged players that just farm it all day long without risking anything.

In my opinion there should be some risk reward type thing. So I want to suggest MAJOR PVE LOCATIONS to require a militia.
    This is an interesting feature adding risk-reward, co-operation, team play, and most importantly fun & frustration.

I understand that there are gonna be more world's with bigger PvP featured but the Human world is what I believe to be the middle ground. So have things like the wastelands where where flagging is required in order to get that really good ability etc. . .

Thank You for for reading all of this 🙂

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Ummm, no.
    Be patient and wait until Tartaros is available. The alignment system and criminal system should change this on Syndesia eventually.
    There is no point in changing rule sets only to have to revert them at a later date.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Sativo said in Petition for PvP Flagging Requirement:

Ummm, no.
    Be patient and wait until Tartaros is available. The alignment system and criminal system should change this on Syndesia eventually.
    There is no point in changing rule sets only to have to revert them at a later date.

Yes I understand what you are trying to say.
    However as I already stated Syndesia is ultimately a middle ground of good and evil, but you can roam around completely risk free and I don't like that due to people just taking everything without risking anything.

I understand that this is not finalized.
    Also I want to get peoples opinions on this stuff and that's why I started this.
    Thanks for the feedback.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@MaxFlex said in Petition for PvP Flagging Requirement:

I understand that this is not finalized.
    Also I want to get peoples opinions on this stuff and that's why I started this.

Then don't call it a petition to have something changed if you just want opinions. 😉
    Even if everyone wanted the devs to change it. The design documents are done two years ago and they will most likely ask you to wait for the proper rulesets to be implemented. That is MY opinion at least. 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If there were a parallel Arboreus PvE continent in the test, I wouldn't have a problem with making Syndesia's rules be PvP-oriented.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Sativo you're right I was just in a long line and rushed the title a little (I'm bad at making titles)

there will be no safe spots on the human planet btw, just go red and kill everyone if you feel like it 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

While all major pve locations requiring militia isn't the brightest idea for me, I think a mandatory choosing of militia at the start of ur character would be more reasonable and would just resolve the problem but as ones before me said there is a whole pvp system being developed, just gotta wait for it to happen.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I prefer pvp as well, but there needs to be some safe areas as well, to draw the PVE crowd's $ too. There's so much not in the game i'm afraid at this pace it'll be many years until the game is complete.

Z

If PvP were not opt-in, any group that started early could theoretically dominate the entire test by preventing access to key mobs. That probably wouldn't work out well long-term.

From testing point of view it is better keep the rules like at the moment. There will eventually be more PvP in Syndesia when flagging and criminal systems will be implemented. Because at the moment we have just one planet to test by everyone it is only reasonable to keep the testing environment proper for all kind of players. Now it is important to get gathering, crafting, building, PvE and city management to work, and later focus more on PvP aspects when the playground is working.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I do not like the state of pvp in this game right now. And while I do plan on trying it to see if its still as bad as it was I want that to be in a controlled ish environment when I plan on doing it. Not when im trying to test out the ricochet bug or see if the despawning bug can be replicated or just testing the build I made.

Basically PvP isnt the goal for this test and just because you think games should have pvp as a risk reward system it should for sure not be forced on all testers when that is not how the game will work later.

When game releases there will be 3 worlds with different rulesets.

Demon world, with free for all PvP, Arboreus with huge area completely protected from PvP, and Syndesia where you will be able to initiate PvP action, but then will suffer consequences, severity of which will depend on which guild controls the zone you are currently in, and what kind of rules they have set for this zone they control.

So there is no need for flags in finished product. 🙂

Right now there is only one world, being tested, so things are a bit different.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@MaxFlex I feel like this is new world all over again. There just needs to be dedicated flagged zones on the human world. I really dislike the flagging system in this game way more then nw. It’s early in development though so at least we still have full loot here. My biggest problem is there isnt any advanced weapons or armor. Hardest armor to make is leather because of the long CD on tanning leather. But I don’t roll with a caster on fractured. So when I kill someone in “good gear” I can’t sell it or do anything with it. So I just leave it on there body. I was extremely excited to play this but after 48 hrs of game time it’s a struggle to want to login. I have seen everything done everything and crafted everything at least once. Lots of things don’t seem to work either like enchanting things that don’t seem to change anything once enchanted. I understand it’s bugged but for now I have no reason to want to play. I was hoping that I’d want to login a lot sense it is the longest test. But now I’m just biding my time. Game is still early in development so I’m not worried I’m sure they will get there. Disappointed a bit for sure but still very hopeful.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Amuck I expected more as well... I really hope they have a lot, LOT more done and under wraps ready to be tested. Considering what three years in, if this is truly where we're at it's going to take 10 more.

I have no reason NOT to think they have a lot more ready... just hope so.

Z

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Amuck
    You have a point, but not in my book, sorry.

As I said, the human world is going to be somewhere in the middle of RP and and people actually trying to be as best as they can. What's the point of malitias when no-one actually uses them except for big clans, I am a part of a big one as well, but we go solo or duo quite often. Almost all the time I find even huge clans PvE unflagged. There has to be a reason to flag yourself beside trying for PvP.

Also NW "fixed" their flagging thing to the point that it's just a straight up an RPG game with a shit ton of hype.

I'm also not sure what you expect from THE SECOND alpha test 😕

I have not played NW but I dug into its info before so i can not argue with you about it that much.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in PvP Flagging Requirement:

When game releases there will be 3 worlds with different rulesets.

Right now it's pretty difficult for us to test PvP because there's nothing that requires people to PvP flag. Risking your life should also have the abhility to be profitable, but in this case there's no difference.

Demon world, with free for all PvP, Arboreus with huge area completely protected from PvP, and Syndesia where you will be able to initiate PvP action, but then will suffer consequences, severity of which will depend on which guild controls the zone you are currently in, and what kind of rules they have set for this zone they control.

How will a clan control an island? There's nothing that gives them that type of ability YET because people are just invincible to your attacks, and if you do find someone flagged, you kill him or he kills you. The loosing guy is just gonna unflag because "why would I flag if there's no point? I lost anyway."

I do believe that this type of feature should added when we have a bit more land to work with.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@AlejoTheBear
    Thanks for the feedback. I also do believe that this would be better when we have more to work with.

• @MaxFlex hope so much you can pvp and red skull ect on human world will suuuuck if you have to flag on human cant on pve would be dumb af how would you turn evil im sure the finished product is can kill whoever but will become a red if you look in design journals]

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Roccandil said in PvP Flagging Requirement:

If PvP were not opt-in, any group that started early could theoretically dominate the entire test by preventing access to key mobs. That probably wouldn't work out well long-term.

I disagree with your point that the early group would dominate. . . Me and my clan were not the first, and were competing with a different clan that like to pick us of when we went in bunches, we build our city while those guys decked out their characters and bullied us. We used our brain a little and could 5v9 them with near starting abilities.
    Mind you, we were flagged the whole time.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured