Open Playtest Server Restart (May 29, 1pm CEST)

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all,

while trying to generate some metrics in the live world I accidentally overloaded the SpatialOS deployment (the "game server", you could call that). This caused a crash of all server workers (the processes controlling the world).

World data were not corrupted, and all server workers were restarted, so the deployment became functional again. However, something is still obviously broken in there, so I'm moving all of you to a new deployment, which should be live in 10m or so. The old deployment is being investigated by the SpatialOS engineers.

No world progress should have been lost. Some player progress might have. Please let us know if so!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Big lesson learnt here.

Best,
    Jacopo

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

And THAT's why it's alpha! 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus is still happening? I can not login 😞

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Best when it happens now and you can learn from it to avoid it happening during the actual game. Even though it's a bit sad that it is the second time something happens during an open test. If you have more of these (open tests) planned, you should try extra carefully to avoid this (problems) and instead run 'experiments' during closed tests, in order to keep a good PR 😉

• TF#5 - LEGATE

all good, hence why testing and stats are needed. 🙂

Although as an FYI all player abilities I had learnt since I had last logged off have been lost, as well as all presets created.
    The completion of "the adventure begins" has also rolled back.

• Wiki Editor

I really like how open you are with mistakes you are doing @Prometheus 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

You should try out more "stupid" things while Alpha, to know, how far you can go with open heart surgeries. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

First it's a 20 minute restart, then when it's supposed to be online it's extends another 15 minutes, and now it's another 15 minutes. Just don't give an ETA if it's that uncertain, or do it in increments of hours.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured