Governor of Multiple Locations.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I was thinking.......

I could very well see situations where players go on hiatus.. or simply do not want to govern their own town and pass the torch onto someone else.

I wonder if it will be possible for someone ( 1 person) to be able to control/manage/govern more than 1 town.

This is important as I have a few members with governor packages who do not want to govern so I need to figure this out early.

Thank you

• TF#3 - ENVOY

As far as I've heard and read it's possible but not recommended 'cause it's a logistic nightmare to manage more then one town/city.

If you're part of a huge guild it's possible but definitely not recommend.

• Community Manager

@VyrVandalous A governor can't control more than one town. With that said I assume a governor who doesn't want their town can give their town to someone else. In the worst case scenario through an election if no other methods exist.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Specter thanks for correcting me. I guess I have to pay more attention 😁

seriously relieved to know we won't be having multi-city governors. Thanks for raising the question, @VyrVandalous & thanks for laying that nightmare to rest, @Specter

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD What's the problem with multi-governors?
    On top of that I think that it's still possible for guilds to have proxy governors that are just transmiting for the de facto governor so that doesn't help that much.

There is also alts so those can be used as well if players and guilds want to.

@Tuoni I wonder if it has been considered by the devs rule that one character or one player should not control more than one city. If it is one player then there will need to be controls in place to not allow a single ip to own more than one city. This would not just stop other characters on your account but not allow other accounts as well. Oversight or was the single character the reasoning and not the player? Otherwise, as humerus pointed out, we will have the huge territory controls put into place by extremely large guilds.

• Wiki Editor

@Farlander I don't think that any restrictions will be put in place because it's near impossible to distinguish an actual proxy from a willing participant that is just following the plan.
    On top of that i don't really think that guilds controlling large territories is bad per se. It's just unavoidable that in such a socal game territorial wars will be a thing. On top of that each city has it's zone of infuence and you can do nothing about that: with seiges being a thing it's just a part of the game. 🙂

@Farlander said in Governor of Multiple Locations.:

@Tuoni I wonder if it has been considered by the devs rule that one character or one player should not control more than one city. If it is one player then there will need to be controls in place to not allow a single ip to own more than one city. This would not just stop other characters on your account but not allow other accounts as well. Oversight or was the single character the reasoning and not the player? Otherwise, as humerus pointed out, we will have the huge territory controls put into place by extremely large guilds.

I think it sounds reasonable that one character can be governor only in one city but I also think if someone wants to use alt or other account to govern another one, I guess that is okay as well. This can be quite rare anyway so it will not matter that much. I bet we will see large/top guilds dominating most of the cities regardless who is in the charge of the city.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured