If you buy BETA 2 access, can you play NOW

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I want to try the game, but dont want to spent 25 dollars if I cant get in the game right now. If I buy the beta 2 access, can the game be played immediatly, or would i have to buy the alpha 2 access for like 90 dollars.. which isnt gonna happen..

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Callgirl
    You won't be able to play NOW if you buy the beta access. And even if you did, they only open it up for a week or two at a time during testing periods. It's not a "play whenever you want to" game. This isn't even an early access game, it's a very very small piece of the full game. The backers are intended to "test" the current content, not "play the game earlier than everyone else."

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Ahhh ok, thx.. No point in waisting the cash then... thx again

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Callgirl Hello & welcome 🙂

While you won't be able to test Alpha content with a Beta pledge pack, you still have the opportunity to win a free test key by spreading the word about Fractured via this thread.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Recoil That doesn't sound like something they'd be interested in. It sounds like they want a game that's like other "beta" games which is the full release that just needs fixed bugs/polish that they can play whenever, instead of during the testing periods.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Callgirl said in If you buy BETA 2 access, can you play NOW:

(...)No point in waisting the cash then(...)

I agree with @Manaia, it doesn't sound like you want to participate in the creation of a game, but simply want to consume it when it's finished. That said, just to explain, you wouldn't 'waste money', since that money is used to help fund the creation of a game. The sad part is, if nobody pays developers to create games, they have to work with Publishers, who want to simply get the most money and are less interested in getting people good games, but instead would rather have cash shop, lootboxes and whatever else might work to get more money out of players for the same old games over and over again.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Well betas are usually "open" for longer periods than "alphas".

Alphas in MMOs tend to go down much more often for increased maintenance and updates. Generally as you come closer to release, play testing periods last longer and longer.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Gothix said in If you buy BETA 2 access, can you play NOW:

Well betas are usually "open" for longer periods than "alphas".

Alphas in MMOs tend to go down much more often for increased maintenance and updates. Generally as you come closer to release, play testing periods last longer and longer.

It's not that they're going down for downtime, they're only available for those specific testing periods. I believe they started that they want everyone to test the new features together and avoid burnout during content lulls. It allows more focus from the players instead of just opening the doors and keeping them open.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured