Angel? Angel Spells?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Mr14taz they have both already, though you have to work hard to get one, it's there, fyi.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Greenfire Kinda like my signature huh? Soo easy to be bad... Shame it isn't even. People talk about balance all the frickin time. Shame posters don't realize what I'm saying and keep saying silly things making me say silly things.. Shame.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Mr14taz well... I'm not sure if there is anything "fair" or "unfair" about having some races and not others. Demons like humans and Beastmans are one of the starting races. Each race have special "evolved" form. So in a way - yes I think it's fair.

@Jetah said in Angel? Angel Spells?:

i agree, however, there are groups that want to play together but want to start/end as a certain race.
    a group of 3, if 1 wanted to be a redeemed demon turned angel the 2 would have to wait. if 1 wants to be human, then they could join faster but they'd still be waiting on the 3rd. whether the demon gives up or rerolls is another situation.

Everyone can live on Syndesia and Angels cannot live on Arboreus. So becoming and Angel doesn't give you access to any place where Demon cannot go. Not sure about Abomination living on Tartaros (i think it's possible). Anyway mixed groups can play on Syndesia

The Human homeland is a world deprived of the primal energy that still exists on Arboreus, and can therefore be accessed by Good, Neutral and Evil players alike, without them receiving any buff or debuff. Moreover, it’s the easiest planet to travel to from other worlds

I really like the concept of Angels, Abominations and Lichs..

I consider the way they did those progression races an awesome way for a game, and each race can get to 100% knowledge points in my opinion... of course, beastmen in tartaros have lots of debuffs, while demons in Arboreus have the same problem too, but in no way they are ultimately forbidden to go and hunt in those places. (It will just be really hard but still possible)

For me, the difficulty from getting from demon to angel, or from beastmen to abomination, or from human to lich will be the same, and it will be a different path you want to take, one that forgets your race's inclination (except for lich, as every human wants knowledge and power in this universe)

For friends that is on another level.. If you really want to play with friends you will reach a common goal, like "Let's get the best in pvp", "Let's hunt every single animal", "Let's create a city and manage it" and all of those common goals will be mostly shared by a single race, so all of the friends will have to agree on a specific path to take. And even if they want a specific race, it does not seem to be very difficulty to just change your alignment.. as a demon just hunt every single evil one in tartarus, this will improve your karma a lot. As a beastment just go to the Syndesia and kill everyone, I don't see it becoming a problem...

@tulukaruk

depends if the 1 fury wants to play on a planet that has PvX. if they want no pvp (or 95% no pvp) then that isn't an option.

• @Razvan That´s right. So angels will fall to neutral aligment without further chance to go lower, or will become evil angels (if they can´t go back to demon state)? Hope change back into demon is possible, as it seems not only logical, but also fair (not only for completionists who want all the skills ---> IMO it should be reversely as Demons are full pvp guys; it´s them, who should have access to all the abilities, as they need them them most).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah Angel, Abomination, human, Lich or Demon cannot live on Arboreus anyway - only Beastman. So I'm not sure what your point is 😉

@asspirin As far as we know Angel is locked to being good. Cannot change alignment, cannot fall back to Demon.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I learned how the system worked. I originally though only Demons would change to Angel. I didn't know about the other two races at that time. I've learned a lot more since then. I still don't like that I have to be FIRST to be an Angel. Wish they flipped Beastmen and Demons. Oh well, cant please everyone...

• @tulukaruk said in Angel? Angel Spells?:

As far as we know Angel is locked to being good. Cannot change alignment, cannot fall back to Demon.

Think for a second from a pure balancing perspective and ignore roleplay. Karma is tied to player actions, so if you do things that drop your karma, your alignment should also change. If the angels cannot fall back to demon, then I can KoS everyone without repercussion. This pretty much negates the whole point of a karma system.
    Now, from the roleplay perspective, if it's decided angels cannot change back to demon... whatever. But it's mandatory to have good, neutral and evil angels, depending on player actions.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Razvan cannot find it now - don't remember where we talked about it (cannot find it in old topic about angel/abomination, it probably was in one of Q&A) but from what I remember Angel is locked to being good and you cannot go back. It was more then 1 year ago so things could / may change before release. It's not my decision btw 😉

@tulukaruk

actually! it's based on karma. nothing else. if you get your karma into the positive, you can live on the fury planet.

• @Razvan And we need to know better earlier than later. If demon dude goes angel way to learn all the abilities in furry land to later find out he can PVP no more, we will only have one sad guy with no benefit for gameplay. Why should beastmen have such advantage if they go abomination path - it´s literally the same thing.

Or they can remove possibility to do any "negative karma actions" for angels - but then it would severely affect their gameplay.

And if we´re talking about roleplay, in jewish mythology there sure were angels gone rogue 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah ok then 😉 I was out of the loop for a long time...

@tulukaruk
    well it took a while to get that info from the devs, rest was based on assumption.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured