To hype or not to hype?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

To Hype! Yes! Yes!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hype it, why not!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hyping for a game is a bad idea, as it will almost always lead to disappointments.
    But I am excited for the game 🙂

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I say hype, this feels like what Albion Online should have been.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I'm on the train hype

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hype, why not xD

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@fabiio not to hype.

Never hype.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If you hype too much at the end you will never get what you expected to be

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I'm pretty hyped for a few reasons:

They seems to be addressing many of the issues that the classic sandbox MMO style has and many with broader, more modern MMOs:

Grinding
    Time sinks like grinding can really ruin a game. If people are so focused on just getting through the tedium in order to get to the fun, you'll lose a lot of players before they even get to the fun. Those players are less likely to engage with the community and it can tend to create a very isolating experience. The people that stay and engage are the ones that join active guilds and the like, people that find the fun, but the games often don't really actively encourage this with gameplay.

This game attempts to address all that with their exploration and discovery based progression and viability from the start. It will be interesting to see how well this works and what changes need to be made, but in principle it sounds like a great way to handle it.

Sandbox community balance
    MMO Sandboxes have a range of challenges, particularly indie ones. PVP is always a big contentious one. In a world where players can control resources, land, buildings etc, there is always going to be the need for some form of PvP, otherwise it's just first come, first serve, locking later players out of most of the gameplay. This is usually made worse by gearing and levels, where the wealthy powerful people can pretty much stop anyone from ever being able to do anything or get anywhere without making those players stronger.

The opposite is also true. Full open PvP creates other issues, usually starting from the philosophy that "players are the contend and PvP is a valid form of gameplay". This often ends in a bunch of bored, mid to high end players just causing trouble and disruption and discouraging new players by preventing their progression. Many have tried to solve this, some have succeeded in various ways. EVE is often cited as the best example.

Catering to the full spectrum can be quite challenging for a sandbox game, but this seems like a compromise worth trying. It could end up working really well. I play a bit of Black Desert and it tehcnically has open world PvP, but it's set up in such a way that hardly anyone goes around just randomly attacking people because the penalties in place make that not worth doing.

I think the multiple worlds with crossover ability has some very interesting potential for interactions. Not everyone on the co-op world is going to completely hate PvP, so when a bunch of Demons come through to loot and plunder, it's not going to be a total pushover. Depending on how hard it is to get through and what can be done about it, this could lead to some very interesting player run events.

Scope
    MMOs are huge and expensive to make, particularly for small indie teams, it's a huge challenge and very ambitious. Many have tried to get around this by making little content and then relying on players to make it interesting. This tends to not go so well, due to things I've said above in the other sections. They tend to gain a loyal following, but not a very large one, which obviously can cause problems for the viability of a MMO.

This game seems like it could be viable for their team size and creates an interesting experience without requiring the crazy amount of feature and content blowout many others need before their game is actually interesting enough to play.
    I think the biggest challenge is going to be balancing a lot of these features and resources, because players do interesting and unexpected things and you can't anticipate every strategy and build that players will adopt.

So basically, I think overall the team seems to be focusing on all the right things to make the game viable while also being aware of the resources they have available to them. Definitely one to watch closely!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Well with the release being planned in 2020 your hype have to be really long-lasting. I'm interested in the game's development and I'm sure I'll love it when it's there, but I'll rather keep calm about it right now.

• Community Manager

@unquadhexium No official release date has been set yet so I do not know where you're getting 2020 from. 😉

• TF#5 - LEGATE

If they go about making the game in the same way as they made their website and way of rewarding ppl and trying to get the community together, I say All Aboard The Hype Train!🚋

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured