Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

With the basic mage skills (firebolt, magic missiles) killing the enforcer is nearly impossible.

So I climbed a rock that is unreacheble to the enforcer gobling and even fireing everything on his huge life combined with his insane healing skill makes it impossible to kill it! I ran out of mana and couldn't kill it.

It would be nice if his life and healing were adjusted to make it possible for a solo player to kill

Edit I noticed that with the implementation of mana potions killing it would be more possible but I still believe it is a bit overpowered specially considering the large population of gobblins together

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It is soloable, you just have to get some stun or silence skill first 😉

Maybe if you time the silence right before it heals itself you can kill it but that's byond my point, the point is it's too hard to be killed by a solo player specially considering there are many other gobblings around. I'm talking more of a balancing and tuning thing.

• Mana pots we need it, that's why i use my bow often than any skills.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

With the starter package, anything that isn't a mage can't kill a Willow Wisp. I think it's fine that there's variety. Just because one build can't solo something or dies too easily doesn't mean it's imbalanced or over powered. It means that the person hasn't found out why they're strong/weak and adjusted to accommodate.

If a starter mage build can solo anything, why be anything else?

@Manaia I wasn't playing alone, I had a gladiator friend and both of us had quite a hard time taking down this mob if trying alone (our DPS alone was not high enough to beat its healing).

The gobbling area is just unviable for a solo player the way it is right now, even playing in two (a tank and a damage dealer) we still had to kite a couple maybe 3 at time but often you would be surrounded by 5 or more mobs and they put too much damage and take too long to die (that is my point)

and as for the starter thing. Apart from learning new skills, your DPS does not encrease significantly over time as in other games. Fractured is a horizontal progression remember? so not much difference bettwen a "starter" mage and and "end game mage"

the Wisp you mentioned is an interesting one. It's not a boss nor a semi-boss its an average mob appearently but you get two of them on a solo mage or on a solo gladiator and its 80% chance you'll die, asd remember, they are usually follwed by 3-5 Sprouces and 1 ANtree. No Solo player can reasonably take on that crowd of mobs! Even in two we had to kite one wisp at a time.

I know this is fine tunig and might not be the focus of the devs concearns right now but I hope they balance it out in the future

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@PedroBillyMattos said in Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage:

@Manaia I wasn't playing alone, I had a gladiator friend and both of us had quite a hard time taking down this mob if trying alone (our DPS alone was not high enough to beat its healing).

These are tanky mobs though, their model even has a shield. They're not supposed to go down quickly, I was two-manning them as well and it took a while. It's easy to assume that if something can't be solo'd or duo'd then it's over-tuned. They were absolutely a pain in the butt and we both thought they were over-tuned.

The gobbling area is just unviable for a solo player the way it is right now, even playing in two (a tank and a damage dealer) we still had to kite a couple maybe 3 at time but often you would be surrounded by 5 or more mobs and they put too much damage and take too long to die (that is my point)

Goblin tamers and cutthroats are easily soloable, and can be pulled individually if gone slow enough. I think the bigger problem at the moment with pulling is the camera visibility and response time of stopping. You can accidentally pull a whole group before you realize it's been done. Also, if you pull three wolves and don't kite them, you'll be in for some trouble.

and as for the starter thing. Apart from learning new skills, your DPS does not encrease significantly over time as in other games. Fractured is a horizontal progression remember? so not much difference bettwen a "starter" mage and and "end game mage"

Yes, this is a horizontal game. Though learning more spells SIGNIFICANTLY improves this. Goblin Enforcers go much quicker if you can use Word of Power: Kill on them. Bigger groups are also more easily dealt with using Fireball and Fire Totem - and those are just the spells available to us now.

the Wisp you mentioned is an interesting one. It's not a boss nor a semi-boss its an average mob appearently but you get two of them on a solo mage or on a solo gladiator and its 80% chance you'll die, asd remember, they are usually follwed by 3-5 Sprouces and 1 ANtree. No Solo player can reasonably take on that crowd of mobs! Even in two we had to kite one wisp at a time.

As mentioned about the camera, that's the biggest issue. It's REALLY easy to accidentally pull two wisps, a treant, and lots of little spruces. The spruces aren't a problem since they basically all die to a single fireball. The biggest threat right here is pulling multiple Willow Wisps - they'll chain stun and silence you. Consequently, that's the biggest threat to THEM as well. Once you're able to chain stun and silence them, they literally can't do ANYTHING since all their abilities are spells.

I know this is fine tunig and might not be the focus of the devs concearns right now but I hope they balance it out in the future

There is for sure some fine tuning that can be done; even with my responses to you I still believe Enforcers ARE indeed over-tuned just a little bit and can have some health or armor reduction. And this game can make people fall under the "overpowered" and "unbalanced" feelings - especially if they assume that everything should be soloable by all builds, or that due to horizontal progression there isn't a significant power gain. It's a mindset that once unlocking more skills and getting more familiar with the game that you can recognize those knee-jerk reactions about it being overpowered and unbalanced were blown out of proportion.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure how much of this game is intended to be solo friendly or encourage grouping. It feels like there is great benefit to grouping even as a duo - as one can kite while the other does damage. Bandaging is also very cheap and VERY good at increasing your survival.

what gear did you have?

@Manaia Really cool response man!

I totally agree with you on the CAMERA thing. I'm not sure what the devs could do about it but It would be nice to able to see the enemies from a distance beyond their engagement distance and them be able to carefully aproach to lure the wanted one(s).

What we did was aproach laterally because that gives you the further line of sight versus aproaching vertically. And also because the camera is in a tilted angle back, the bottom line of sight is veeeery close to you so if you are moving "south", by the time you can see the enemy it's already engaging you.

It would be VERY NICE if we could TILT THE CAMERA! =D

It's pretty clear to me by the overall feel of it that the game is more focused on group play. at least 2 witch is not really bad as long as you are not the lone wolf solo player.

@Jetah I was wearing the ragged cloth. But I wasn't in it's reach so that didn't matter and even in the mobs reach it couldn't solo kill me, the bandages healing worked fine. The problem I found was that my DPS was not hig enough to beat its healing.

@PedroBillyMattos

I totally agree that the goblin heal spell is broken. Any time a game includes a cheesy infinite-heal mechanic like that, I get disgusted and do something else (and sometimes I simply never come back to the game).

I wouldn't mind, however, if that goblin were made much harder to damage.

Just stun the mob at the right time, it isn't a issue at all, it's just a easy mob mechanic. I don't want to see you guys cry if you encounter more than 1 wisp with a treant or even a greater elemental 😉

@Shivashanti What I'm trying to say is, that there are usually 4 tiers of enemies and here is how:

Harmless
    Easy
    Normal
    Dificult
    Boss

as you move up the dificulty level is should be more scarce to find. The problem is that mobs like the enforcer and wisps (given their stats) are dificult mobs that you can find in numbers matching the normal ones.

In Heartwood for exemple you commonly find 4-5 sproutlings 2-3 Wisps and an Antree. in this group the antree should be the one hard one and the wisps the 3 normal ones but their damage and hitpoints make them hard ones as well.

A tank can hardly take 3 wisps at a time letalone the other ones together attacking him. For me that doesn't feel right

@PedroBillyMattos yeah i see that, enforcers are one of the harder mobs. I just think we are not in a state of game yet to discuss balance of mobs or even pvp since we don't have most systems in yet ( shools of magic, talent tree, etc). Btw almost nobody can take it on 3 wisps alone atm, you just get chain cc'ed, but on the other hand it's easy to do with a group and as it is an MMO not everything should be purely soloable imo.

@Jetah I was wearing the ragged cloth. But I wasn't in it's reach so that didn't matter and even in the mobs reach it couldn't solo kill me, the bandages healing worked fine. The problem I found was that my DPS was not hig enough to beat its healing.

sounds like a gear problem, not an 'in alpha, it's op' problem. if we're able to solo everything nearly naked then the game is doomed to fail.
    get geared and try again.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Jetah said in Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage:

sounds like a gear problem, not an 'in alpha, it's op' problem. if we're able to solo everything nearly naked then the game is doomed to fail.

What gear is there that increases caster dps?
    His ragged clothes weren't the issue as he said, and he said it's a dps issue not a survival issue.
    I've got 100% knowledge in everything and basically crafted everything (all 23 creatures) as well and don't know what you're talking about.

@Manaia said in Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage:

His ragged clothes weren't the issue as he said, and he said it's a dps issue not a survival issue.
    I've got 100% knowledge in everything and basically crafted everything (all 23 creatures) as well and don't know what you're talking about.

so you're telling me that gear doesn't increase stats, doesn't increase dps? it sounds to me like a level 5 wondering why they can't raid with the level 60's.
    can it be overturned, yes. can it be as a mini-boss, yes.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Manaia said in Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage:

so you're telling me that gear doesn't increase stats, doesn't increase dps? it sounds to me like a level 5 wondering why they can't raid with the level 60's.
    can it be overturned, yes. can it be as a mini-boss, yes.

That's 100% what I'm telling you.
    So when you say "Get geared and try again" - please, let us know what you're talking about. Also, Goblin Enforcers are FAR from being a mini-boss. It sounds like you're a lurker and haven't actually played the Alpha 2 Test 1 fully; I'd recommend not giving incorrect advice to people if this is the case.

• @Jetah said in Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage:

As stated in several posts around the forum, there is no "Enhancing" Implemented in Alpha 2.1 build. Giving inaccurate advice is not being helpful, and calling a game doomed that is in Alpha testing is poor form.

I have had little issue killing enforcers with my mage, you have to be a bit strategic. I pull them out with a bow attack, throw a net and blast away. When they break free i toss the web and continue. The problem is if you strut in and ago a bunch you will be killed, most mages are op in offence. There has to be a balance and that is Armour restrictions and low HP.

Show me a game were Mage is a face tank and that is a game that is doomed.

@Shivashanti said in Gobblin Enforcer can't be killed by solo mage:

I just think we are not in a state of game yet to discuss balance of mobs or even pvp since we don't have most systems in yet ( shools of magic, talent tree, etc).

yeah man I agree! I just wanted to point it out as feedback you know

an MMO not everything should be purely soloable imo.

I agree to the not everything part, my point is that the enforcer don't seem to be meant to be as hard as it is that's all.

sounds like a gear problem, [...] get geared and try again.

@Jetah Sorry man but have you even read the answer I gave you and you just quoted? I'm talking about damage/DPS, how is my armor(defence) stat relevant?

I just said that the mob couldn't even hit me, and even when it could it was not much, so I was just fine with the cloth defence wise

and I definetly don't think the Enforcer is a mini boss, rather just a normal mob

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured