Subscription

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi all! I’m new to the Fractured community. I’m wondering if this game will be subscription based like most other MMOs or follow the Guild Wars style where you buy the game and that’s it. Thanks and I’m excited to join the community!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Andrew12 Hello and welcome aboard

Fractured will be buy to play

@Andrew12 said in Subscription:

Hi all! I’m new to the Fractured community. I’m wondering if this game will be subscription based like most other MMOs or follow the Guild Wars style where you buy the game and that’s it. Thanks and I’m excited to join the community!

In addition you will be able (optional) to pay for a VIP membership which will give (as far as we know for now):

"VIP membership is a monthly subscription planned to be priced around $10/month. It provides the following perks:

Discounts on Store items
    Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time
    Other vanity rewards we might think of in the future
    Additional study slots
    Increased Knowledge Point gains"

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Welcome!

Indeed, the subscription will basically allow slightly faster work through the horizontal aspects of progression, and something along the fashion or vanity lines, if we have what is stated.

It is important to note that the skill system and knowledge system are supposed to be designed such that this only means more variety of abilities faster, and not so much "I haz leet power, die noob!"

i highly suggest the NEWS page on the main site.

and the FAQ

@Jairone said in Subscription:

Welcome!

Indeed, the subscription will basically allow slightly faster work through the horizontal aspects of progression, and something along the fashion or vanity lines, if we have what is stated.

It is important to note that the skill system and knowledge system are supposed to be designed such that this only means more variety of abilities faster, and not so much "I haz leet power, die noob!"

To be fair the VIP is not a subscription. Once you buy the game you will be able to play without spending any more money ever. The VIP will be offer convenience and perhaps (what some would consider) pay to win elements in order to help support the game going forward.

@Jetah hahaha once again your fetish for the search function manifests itself. Maybe you should see someone about that... 🙂

@Gibbx said in Subscription:

@Jairone said in Subscription:

Welcome!

To be fair the VIP is not a subscription. Once you buy the game you will be able to play without spending any more money ever. The VIP will be offer convenience and perhaps (what some would consider) pay to win elements in order to help support the game going forward.

@Jetah hahaha once again your fetish for the search function manifests itself. Maybe you should see someone about that... 🙂

subscription is a recurring charge. that's exactly what the VIP is.

problem is people wont research until you call them out on it. people just want answers, they dont want to do any work/research which will hurt them in the future.

@Jetah VIP and subscription are different. You CANT play (or cant play everything) if you don't subscribe. You can play everything with VIP but usually you get percs that make playing and advancement easier. basically pay money to replace time in game. They are both recurring charges but they are different. One is mandatory, the other optional.

VIP is subscription, albeit an optional one.

Any continual / recurring cost (payment) is subscription. VIP is subscription.

However there are:

1. mandatory subscriptions -- you can't even play without one
    2. optional subscriptions -- you can play without it, but with it you get extra "stuff"

VIP is a second type of subscription.

SWTOR had an optional sub but you got to unlock more of the game having one. You could play free but it was so bad you pretty much had to have a sub if you wanted to enjoy the game.

@Gibbx said in Subscription:

@Jetah VIP and subscription are different. You CANT play (or cant play everything) if you don't subscribe. You can play everything with VIP but usually you get percs that make playing and advancement easier. basically pay money to replace time in game. They are both recurring charges but they are different. One is mandatory, the other optional.

Subscription business model
    The subscription business model is a business model in which a customer must pay a recurring price at regular intervals for access to a product or service.

just because you believe the only definition for subscription is access to a game, doesn't mean that's the only definition. the quote above is from a dictionary which they note "access to a product or service" in Fractures case, the VIP (aka subscription) is for access to additional services.

@Jetah ah I forgot the err ahh joy of verbally sparring with you.

@Jetah I can play semantics with you until this game is actually ready to play, but that doesn't sound very fun. Your quote only proves my point. A subscription is required to access product or service. Can I access the product Fractured without having to pay a recurring price? Yes. So not subscription. Meh i'm out

@Gibbx
    in the case of games, it can be additional services above the buy in cost.

you could have argued better along the 'recurring price at regular intervals' because the VIP can be stopped and started at will.

@Gibbx is right, subscription means in gaming industry a payment you need to pay (usually monthly) so you can have access to the game. Without this you can not simply play.

Many games offers optional subscription, which are not needed to play the game, but gives players who are doing so certain benefits. These payments are usually called VIP, premium, PLUS -packages or something like that so people would understand the difference between an optional payment and a must pay subscription.

Someone who disagrees with me, please show me a single game, which is marketing as subscription game, but means optional subscription and I will take my words back. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured