Effect from Taming on mainly PvP

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Farlander said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Tamers are often OP in games and balancing them is very important especially with regards to pvp.

When we talk about pets here is this also enveloping the ones you buy from the gold store? I was understanding that those were soft and cuddly and only were for cosmetics. Can they fight with you?

The ones that you can find in the store are Companions, so only for cosmetics use.

@Jetah said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

that sets the president that other activities will be simple and rely on one attribute. That doesn't seem like it'll be a great system. I'll point to Eve Online which uses a primary and secondary attribute. some skills are 75/25 while others are 50/50 while others are 90/10 depending. this means you can't get one attribute high to have better than average training time for certain groups of skills.

We will take in consideration your suggestions, but have faith in the work of our team 😉

@deusex2 said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Regarding monsters taming, in case of demons, can demon players tame demonic creatures, native to Tartaros? And if yes, can they be taken with demon-players into different worlds?

Yes!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzait said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

@Znirf said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

@Yitra said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

This might not even been worked out by development, but I was wondering how taming will effect PvP.

1. Besides open world PvP, where I expect tamed animals to be availalble, I was wondering if you can have them with you during city raids and/or in arena-like PvP (if that's even becomming a thing in Fractured, not sure)

2. Can they travel with you to other planets, or will it be too stressfull for them 🙂

3. On a PvE aspect, will they be able to go with you into a (instanced) dungeon ?

4. Will a tamed beast keep his original stats and "spells" or will they become equalised and for example every spider get a predetermined spell set, so the difference will only be visual.

5. And as I understand the maximum amount of pets is determined by the Charisma you have. Will this mean a max of (for example) 3-5 pets (Diablo 2 Druid) or 20+ like in a Diablo 2 Summoner.

Hello everyone,
    A player can tame only monsters and animals that are in-game, so there won't be any creature that exists only as a pet. But obviously, not all the existing mobs can be tamed, for example, we will avoid the training of the ones with too much HP or too strong.

For the questions 1,2 and 3, the answer is yes since carrying a pet is a core part of the player's build. You can bring your pet out wherever you want; there won't be any restrictions about that.

For 4 and 5. The pet abilities will be the same as the original tamed animal. For the future, maybe we will add the possibility to tame your pets actively, deciding the spells you want or change some of them as you prefer. But we speak about expansions post-release, there is time 🙂
    Everything concerning pets is related to Charisma. One of the modifiers linked to it will be "Animal Handling" and will determine:

• How many pets you will be able to carry with you (The maximum number will be three pets at the same time, also depending on the strength of them).
    • If you can control it (For example, the monsters will be challenging to tame, the animals instead will be accessible to everyone)

@Kuroi said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

there are instanced dungeons confirmed for fractured? really?

Yes! There will be public instanced dungeons, so, anyone can enter there at the same time and play together.

Why is Charisma the main stat? Why are all mobs affected by it instead of other stats. Maybe some creatures only follow physically strong leaders! Maybe some only follow those with higher intelligence.

coz it makes sense. A strong leader will almost always have a surplus of charisma. It is neccissary to keep morale high and is very good for keeping one's subjects loyal if the following isn't based on brute force (honor of strength, like is popularly displayed in Orc behavior).

Not all leaders are charismatic. Some lead by fear of the person losing their job or dead. Some lead by being wisdom and listening to others. Some lead by intelligence by creating new systems or inventing new tools.

again there could be monsters that value strength over being beautiful because "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

@Jetah lol. you dont evwn know what charisma means. Charisma isn't beauty. google it. and if you already did, read it properly. Charima is a quality that inspires devotion in others, in a non aggressive manor tthat doesnt involve bribery. And your comment with the whole 'follow power' thing... i already said that. stop skim reading comments. you do it all the time and people are always having to retell you the same stuff over and over.

Yes but your answer says almost all leaders need charisma. Meaning charisma is not the only qualifying stat to ensure followers. From his reply I'm seeing he mentions other ways other stats could be used. There have been many leaders through history that didn't have charisma to lead but power. However, we are talking about pets which go off a person's personality. If you treat a pet bad it leaves. If you treat a pet good it stays. Those would be charisma based. Now if we have intelligent pets that have their own sentience, that's a whole new situation. Those are companions like maybe npcs.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Znirf said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

@Farlander said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Tamers are often OP in games and balancing them is very important especially with regards to pvp.

When we talk about pets here is this also enveloping the ones you buy from the gold store? I was understanding that those were soft and cuddly and only were for cosmetics. Can they fight with you?

The ones that you can find in the store are Companions, so only for cosmetics use.

that sets the president that other activities will be simple and rely on one attribute. That doesn't seem like it'll be a great system. I'll point to Eve Online which uses a primary and secondary attribute. some skills are 75/25 while others are 50/50 while others are 90/10 depending. this means you can't get one attribute high to have better than average training time for certain groups of skills.

We will take in consideration your suggestions, but have faith in the work of our team 😉

@deusex2 said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Regarding monsters taming, in case of demons, can demon players tame demonic creatures, native to Tartaros? And if yes, can they be taken with demon-players into different worlds?

Yes!

Thanks for the reply! I hope I'll be able to tame demon land sharks 🙂

@Xzait said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

@Jetah lol. you dont evwn know what charisma means. Charisma isn't beauty. google it. and if you already did, read it properly. Charima is a quality that inspires devotion in others, in a non aggressive manor tthat doesnt involve bribery. And your comment with the whole 'follow power' thing... i already said that. stop skim reading comments. you do it all the time and people are always having to retell you the same stuff over and over.

I have etymology saying otherwise:

sauce

charisma (n.)
    1875, "special spiritual gift or power divinely conferred, talent from God" (as on the earely Christians in "Acts," etc.), Latinized form of Greek kharisma "favor, divine gift," from kharizesthai "to show favor to," from kharis "grace, beauty, kindness" (Charis was the name of one of the three attendants of Aphrodite), which is related to khairein "to rejoice at," from PIE root *gher- (2) "to like, want."

In the form charism (plural charismata) it is attested in the "special spiritual gift from god" sense from 1640s. Middle English, meanwhile, had karisme "spiritual gift, divine grace" (c. 1500).

These gifts were of two classes, the gift of healing and gift of teaching, the latter again being of two kinds, the gift of prophecy and the gift of tongues. Such gifts have been claimed in later ages by certain teachers and sects in the church, as the Montanists and the Irvingites, and in recent times by some of those who practice the so-called faith-cure. [Century Dictionary, 1897]
    Meaning "gift of leadership, power of authority" is from c. 1930, from German, used in this sense by Max Weber (1864-1920) in "Wirtschaft u. Gesellschaft" (1922). More mundane sense of "personal charm" recorded by 1959.

Lexico powered by Oxford & Wiki & Merriam-Webster

NOUN

1. [mass noun] Compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.

Please tell me where it says it isn't beauty? Now that we've estiblished that charisma is beauty or a form of beauty, my point still stands. Not all beast or mobs will value beauty (which differs per species or even individual).

@Jetah That is the religious side of charisma... and the meaning behind the word of origin, not the word itself.

~charismatic

/karɪzˈmatɪk/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

exercising a compelling charm which inspires devotion in others.

"he was a charismatic figure with great appeal to the public"

synonyms:charming, fascinating, full of personality, strong in character;

magnetic, mesmerizing, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, attractive, appealing, alluring, hypnotic;

magical, glamorous

"a charismatic leader"~

Having charisma can simply be having a way with words to inspire other, like the "I have a dream" speech by Martin Luther King Jr. Charisma has more than one form, like many words in the english language.

@Xzait

D&D even list it as beauty: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Charisma

Do you think someone who is trying to turn undead is winking at the zombies and being like hi babe how you doin... and the zombie either explodes or becomes a slave because dam that's a sexy orc.....

Or the cleric is dominating the weak willed creature with its personality and force of will?

A highly charismatic person is precived as more attractive because, charisma is peoples ability to attract lead and influence other people

Put it this way, Hitler wasnt a pretty bloke?
    But he was charismatic enough to convince an entire country to commit genocide.

Someone could be the most beautiful woman you have ever seen and if there personality is that of a slugs, you will find them less appealing

You may think oh I'd shag her, however you wouldnt get a feeling of being drawn towards them and wishing you could do things for them to make them like you

There is even youtube videos on how to be more charismatic, those videos are not about plastic surgery or makeup improving your appearance,

Even if charisma used to mean beautiful (I dont know if it did but let's give you the benefit of the doubt)

Language evolves and it means something else now

@Xzait

Didn't your parents teach you, that you don't have to believe everything you read on the internet? Or are they not there yet?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Everytime you kill another player's dog you might inadvertently be creating John Wick

Characters with high intelligence should more naturally follow a leader based on his high intelligence score.

Characters with low intelligence should more naturally follow a leader based on his other attributes. 😉

@Yitra said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

@Xzait

Didn't your parents teach you, that you don't have to believe everything you read on the internet? Or are they not there yet?

I was an adult. I had to teach them that!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured