Communication between the worlds

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzoviac said in Communication between the worlds:

Friends that will leave if they cant pm each other will stick to the same race? Ie beastmen demon or human, or they wont be playing together

I would like to add an example.
    Original vanilla WoW, horde and alliance couldn't communicate in any way, not even by PM, and additionally, no discord at that time, just some rudimentary team speak and similar.

And yet, people didn't leave. In fact millions of people played it.

It's all about how attractive (and playable) the game is. Nothing else matters. Nothing! Not even friends matter then!

@Gothix Friends help make a game be more attractive.

Friends definitely matter...at least for me. I played SWTOR for 2 years with friends. When they all left I was the last holdout. That's because I absolutely loved the game. I stuck it out another year or so going solo. I eventually left because I just had no fun playing alone.

@Pwnstar said in Communication between the worlds:

@Gothix Friends help make a game be more attractive.

It was a joke, the part that friends don't matter. 😉

The part that game will not fail if it's good, regardless of racial communication is valid though. People will still play it if it's good, they will just choose to play the same side if they want to play together.

But regardless of communication friends always choose same faction, so they can fight together, even if faction communication is possible (Example of Archeage).

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I'm just playing catch-up here

@Farlander said in Communication between the worlds:

A language barrier is a degree of difficulty at the beginning of the game. Casual players will leave if they can't interact with their friends.

The only degree of difficulty would be going from one planet to another.
    If this was even implemented it would have to follow the rules the devs have already set in place.

As long as there are chat bars and chat programs languages are moot because how many times do you type in spatial chat at that point? So other languages will only affect meeting people you don't know. Other than having achievements or knowledge point gains I can see it being ignored alot of the time.

If this is true, then you shouldn't have a problem with it, right?

Friends definitely matter...at least for me. I played SWTOR for 2 years with friends. When they all left I was the last holdout. That's because I absolutely loved the game. I stuck it out another year or so going solo. I eventually left because I just had no fun playing alone.

Aye friends are important & @Gothix did try to point out that you would either already be playing with your friends on the same planet or you would need to find a way to travel to another planet to talk to them.

So this language system for each race would only add gameplay & lore for those who want to enjoy it.
    It would not take away gameplay or add difficulty to those who do not want it.

Again, only if its implemented by the devs

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Yes, friends are very important if you're starting the game together, but like I said earlier, I really don't know why a fledgling that just started a game would want to travel to another planet unless they are a Beastman aiming to become an Abomination or a Demon trying to become an Angel. The time a new Beastman, Demon, or Human spents on their own planet prepping themselves for higher-end content and travel can and should be spent learning other languages as well.

If the reason why they want to travel so early does have to do with the Beastman and Demon transformations, that would add some more gameplay and lore to the game like @islesofurth mentioned: a Demon resents the way they were born and their unholy deity as well, and they want to change their ways to help those around them rather than make them feel fear in their presence and the cold embrace of death, but to do this, they have to travel to foreign lands and learn whatever they can about these foreigners while they walk the path of benevolence.

Beastmen probably wouldn't care since they just want to know the taste of Human blood to become an Abomination, but they could learn a thing or two while slaughtering them and the Demons if they choose not to discriminate while walking this dark path.

I think the only thing I should suggest about traveling to another planet as a new player—or a player that intentionally neglected to learn other languages—is that traveling to another planet should provide more knowledge regarding the planet's language than the player's own homeworld because there is much more knowledge to be found there, but I'm not so sure if being near other players while they speak aloud via text should provide some knowledge if their language is unknown since... it could be abused.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured