Becoming an angel

• I'm curious how long and arduous this idea would be. Seems like it would be a lofty goal, but in the end you'd be a rather unique character right?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I expect something like the old version of WoW "Insane in the membrane"Achievement.

There are those for whom the Role Play aspect is as important as any specific encounter, so backstory would be a thing for those ppl. I love RPG, but I'm doubtful that there will be many who stay 'in character' while they play Fractured.

I haven't done the research to grok how a PC that had clawed its way from Demonic to Angelic would differ in 'everyday game chances/experience' from a PC who started out Lawful Good and stayed that way, but maybe someone will unpack that for us...? 🤞

we dont know, but i doubt it'll be easy. I just hope it requires to do everything in the game!

• Wiki Editor

@Jetah said in Becoming an angel:

we dont know, but i doubt it'll be easy. I just hope it requires to do everything in the game!

I hope it's insanely difficult to become an Angel, Abomination, or Lich and that it gets play tested during Beta since rarely do devs anticipate what players will do.

@kellewic said in Becoming an angel:

I hope it's insanely difficult to become an Angel, Abomination, or Lich and that it gets play tested during Beta since rarely do devs anticipate what players will do.

testing could make it easy. talk to npc, get the new thing. beta could have a few parts of the quest chain to make sure things work well. then for live the whole chain could be add in. if DS wanted to they could add in parts each week/month thus time gating it.

but i really would like to see it be a all-the-things type quest chain. get all the knowledge. do all the professions (that we can do). do pvp. do pve. do invasions. do defense of said invasions. do city sieges. etc. make sure the person is well rounded and has done it all.

testing could make it easy. talk to npc, get the new thing. beta could have a few parts of the quest chain to make sure things work well. then for live the whole chain could be add in. if DS wanted to they could add in parts each week/month thus time gating it.

but i really would like to see it be a all-the-things type quest chain. get all the knowledge. do all the professions (that we can do). do pvp. do pve. do invasions. do defense of said invasions. do city sieges. etc. make sure the person is well rounded and has done it all.

I personally hope that as little about this mechanic is put into the beta release as possible... it will both build extra hype and suspense for the final release and also make the idea more fresh and flexible when it is released. I, like seemingly everyone else, want it to be insanely difficult as well, as to show player dedication to earn the title of complete purity or complete monstrosity in the race they choose to play.

Well first off as a demon to Angel you will need to change your alignment. That means no more killing the innocent! You'll also need to try get your alignment score up which I imagine won't be easy.

Then the long process of quests and ingredients for the change...

Definitely the goal of my first character... But your rewarded with a brand new race, wonder how this will affect stats.

And what racial skills will be based on demon race.

Anyway... Super excited for the game!!

If it's too difficult than not many people would do it and it's be a waste of resources implementing it. Too easy and it'd be meaningless. Good luck finding the right balance devs. 😜

@Xzait said in Becoming an angel:

I personally hope that as little about this mechanic is put into the beta release as possible... it will both build extra hype and suspense for the final release and also make the idea more fresh and flexible when it is released. I, like seemingly everyone else, want it to be insanely difficult as well, as to show player dedication to earn the title of complete purity or complete monstrosity in the race they choose to play.

I only offered that because some mechanics need to be tested. The game wont feature many quest so having an object, interaction and turn in, while simple still needs to be tested. DS could change the text flavor as well maybe even the item.

I'm playing BlackDesert and they have a way to insert the quest during the week of so dataminers can't see them early. This is something I'd love for DS to do.

it's more than a title. it's a completely new character, as in, pre- could be considered a tutorial! I expect to see a new character creation for it.

I expect to see a new character creation for it.

In one of the Q&A video's they confirmed that you get to choose how your angel or abomination will look like (access to character creation again), it's not depending on the choices you made the first time you created that character.

• Wiki Editor

I like the idea of gating it a bit by releasing it in pieces. Also like the idea of having to have done a lot of the game before being able to become a lich, angel, or abomination.

@Azurael said in Becoming an angel:

Well first off as a demon to Angel you will need to change your alignment. That means no more killing the innocent! You'll also need to try get your alignment score up which I imagine won't be easy.

Then the long process of quests and ingredients for the change...

Definitely the goal of my first character... But your rewarded with a brand new race, wonder how this will affect stats.

And what racial skills will be based on demon race.

Anyway... Super excited for the game!!

I wonder if you'll get a chance to redistribute attribute points (if, say, an angel has a different affinity).

@Roccandil

i consider it as a whole new character, sans the name.

@Roccandil Not sure, would also be epic if the new race changes your attributes with bonuses and negatives.

Think they mentioned for instance that Lich would get higher intelligence but lower charisma and constitution. For human who have no affinity it would not impact greatly, apart from allowing you to have INT at 20 with no knowledge points to raise it. obviously you wouldnt want your charisma to be on 6... then you would have say 5 charisma (guess? 👀 😆 ) so there is risk reward.

I can only guess what angels and abominations will have as stat bonuses/negatives... but if say you play infernal and have 21 score with strength and then the race change bumps it more... that would be mad cool.

Will have to wait and see how this is implemented.

• Yeah I just usually don't play with an alignment as "evil" as the name sounds, more complacent most times, so I'd like my alignment to be positive even with a "demon" so def a goal to become an angel for the quest of it all, sounded like a really cool idea

@RNGinxed said in Becoming an angel:

Yeah I just usually don't play with an alignment as "evil" as the name sounds, more complacent most times, so I'd like my alignment to be positive even with a "demon" so def a goal to become an angel for the quest of it all, sounded like a really cool idea

in video games, it's a matter of perspective. 'evil' for one faction is 'good' for another, which can be 'neutral' for another.

if there are no rules then there's no 'evil' and no 'holy'.

in video games, it's a matter of perspective. 'evil' for one faction is 'good' for another, which can be 'neutral' for another.

It's the same in real life. Perspective is what changes.

I wonder how you will tell if a player has evil or good alignment...

Demons will obviously be more centred on evil, but as one seeks redemption will they be able to play more on syndesia or visit it for longer than say an evil demon?

Humans can be either so you won't know their alignment at first blush...

Would be sick if divination has a sense alignment spell, probably not crucial but a good tool to sense if a player has intentions on attacking you.

@Azurael said in Becoming an angel:

but as one seeks redemption will they be able to play more on syndesia or visit it for longer than say an evil demon?

This will be in the game. And Angels can stay forever.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured