ABILITY LEARNING

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I had a question about ABILITY LEARNING -
    From the news, I learned that to study the ability to fulfill 4 conditions.
    Because of this, it may be problematic with forums that will outline assignments and pass them on to the public.
    Randomization as for me also does not help, because people can easily record all the tasks they meet - and then just you

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I am pretty certain that eventually fansites will spoil exactly how every ability is earned. It's not something that can easily be avoided. Randomization won't help because it takes away the flavor of every ability. It would be weird if the raise undead spell is learned by picking a bunch of flowers. ๐Ÿ˜› If you don't like being spoiled, the best way to avoid it is by simply avoiding those fansites.

That's something that you canยดt escape in any game, simply play your own way, exploring and gaining knowledge with your own hands, not checking for how to get them on the internet ^^

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@vengu said in ABILITY LEARNING:

I am pretty certain that eventually fansites will spoil exactly how every ability is earned. It's not something that can easily be avoided. Randomization won't help because it takes away the flavor of every ability. It would be weird if the raise undead spell is learned by picking a bunch of flowers. ๐Ÿ˜› If you don't like being spoiled, the best way to avoid it is by simply avoiding those fansites.

Pseudo-randomization done right can be amazing for reducing or eliminating the way fan sites can ruin discovery in games.

But you're exactly right that, regarding the knowledge system, it would be very difficult to do this effectively in something like fractured without losing the flavor of the system.

It's a shame. I've seen pseudo-randomization done once that was amazing for a potion/poison crafting system on a MUD. But it's just so difficult to apply that kind of thinking outside of that kind of that specific example. It's a damn shame.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

To be honest, even if it "spoils" out into the general knowledge the "hows" to level this or that, it should be fine. No one forces you to read it! For those that want an easier answer, there it is, for those that enjoy discovering it by themselves, just don't look for spoilers ๐Ÿ˜›

• TF#10 - CONSUL

All i know is we need a drunken master style off of martial arts and drinking.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@33hp I agree, it kind of ruins it for others. I know what everyone else says about playing your own way and such, but doesnt change that you are still at a disadvantage then in a competitive game lol. In this sense, yes I want my cake and eat it too. The best version of a randomisation ive seen is in Life is Feudal's potion mechanic. All the plant combinations are random for everyone so to make a healing pot for me might use a blue and red plant, but for you its a green and yellow. I'm not sure how exactly this can be implemented into this area of Fractured but might be a possibility there?

Perhaps you do not understand the hidden meaning that I wanted to convey, because you all just want to play and have fun, but there are also those who want to dominate, kill games and stop playing.
    After all, it is only on this forum that information about the abilities will be prevented from playing by those who have not even visited them. There are people who want to quickly get the skills necessary to him and prevent others from playing
    I have ideas with the randomization of quests for abilities but it will probably be difficult for program programmers responsible for pumping

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured