Dont forget the RPG

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

The thing that a lot of MMOrpgs I have played, seem to miss is the RPG, for me personally my favourite ever RPG, is Baldurs gate.

The thing that made that game great imo is, multiple choice interactions with NPCs, everytime I play I can make a different main character and play the game a slightly different way.

I hope fractured feels like a real life world and npcs, can love hate fear distrust, and interact with you differently depending on how you speak and behave in public.

I also hope quests have a similar feeling, and can be done in multiple ways changing how the npcs react.

A World with good npcs makes mmos feel so much more alive.

Make our choices feel important

@Xzoviac

I hope fractured feels like a real life world and npcs, can love hate fear distrust, and interact with you differently depending on how you speak and behave in public.

It seems the NPC will communicate with you in different from the amount of Intelligence, but perhaps this was the idea from the forum

I also hope quests have a similar feeling, and can be done in multiple ways changing how the npcs react.

Typical quests will not, you yourself walk the world and looking for adventure. Not counting the tasks of the gods and skills.

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/777/can-you-think-of-truly-immersive-and-meaningful-quests-in-the-fractured-world/13

@muker thanks for sharing this, I'm a little disappointed about the questing news, but maybe if they give players the ability to give other players tasks to help them in some way, then give a reward.

Ie
    Find me 100 frogs give - crafted potion and frog recipe.

And having "hunter guilds" with quest boards you can become a member of and grab day to day quests from players,

Ie
    The town where my house is built is getting raised by goblins, please clear out the goblin caves, -10 gold per head up to 3k gold

@Xzoviac About the order of the Guild also do not know anything, they hide a lot of secrets
    I have been on the forum for 505 days and remember a lot of discussions, but every time asking questions related to the gameplay, the developers only mentioned a little about some function, but did not disclose it completely (of course, that the concept is not thought out, but I would like to have more information)

if there are no NPC quest then there are no NPC multiple options...

• This post is deleted!

This game is more of a sandbox, meaning players are supposed to come up with content themselves.

@Xzoviac

I liked Baldur's Gate too, but more because of the creepy, dark, magical atmosphere. 🙂 Beholders, elder orbs, dragons, dark elves, illithids, traps, spellcaster death duels: so much sheer immersive terror....

If nothing else, I hope Fractured monsters and lairs inherit some of that creepiness! 🙂

@Roccandil I love the monsters and loot and many other things I just wanted to try focus on why I felt the game was replayable

I don't think it hurts to mention your desires in the forums. The game is in development which means things can and I'm sure will change as people post ideas and expectations. That is part of testing a game in alpha. Problem with rpg style missions is it takes a writer to do these on a regular basis. That means an event coordinator after release. All the mmos I've played that kept one of these on hand made the game alot more fun. They can't. however, output one of these as fast as people complete them.

SWTOR, in my opinion, has the best rpg of any mmo I've played. There are 16 character paths you can take if I remember correctly between republic and imperial sides. These story arcs expanded with each expansion. They came with dramatic cut scenes that made you feel part of the adventure.

Dialogue like that is very nice because it feels more like a story. Even so they still required you to go fetch or kill a certain amount of targets lol. It was weaved into a nice story though.

@Farlander
    but the game is designed with no quest. only exception will be Angel and Demon forms for the races.

now I believe the starting area should offer some quest as tutorials but that's it. the game is a sandbox, tools for players creating their own quest would be amazing though, which we've discussed in other threads.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xzoviac

Our idea is that, at least at the moment, NPC won't be a core activity for the game. We are thinking about a simple and basic storyline system.

We will implement three kinds of quest:

• Deities quests: they will have lore about conflicts between Gods and allow you to receive blessings at the altars.
    • City relics: These are unique items that could be found around the world, with an own story and that can be taken to have buffs for cities (for example special military or crafting buffs). They could be stolen, so, they could be one of the main reasons for cities raid and sieges.
    • Quest at the cities' NPC: by the Landlord or workers related to certain kind of activities (harvesting, storing resources or farming, etc..)

We have other ideas but are still in an embryonic stage! We will update you as soon as they become concrete.

@Znirf thanks for the reply very excited to see how it turns out

There has to be something to engage the players in the end game. What is planned for end game material for players that do not wish to pvp? Because once players have seen all they can see and finished their skills they need something to do. Hunt for rares? Hunt for achievements? Maybe install some kind of player tools to host their own server events.

@Farlander said in Dont forget the RPG:

There has to be something to engage the players in the end game. What is planned for end game material for players that do not wish to pvp? Because once players have seen all they can see and finished their skills they need something to do. Hunt for rares? Hunt for achievements? Maybe install some kind of player tools to host their own server events.

quest dont engage end game players. usually quest just guide the player to a battle. Fractured will have raids and dungeons. BUT most of the content will be conflict with invasions and political.

this isn't a treadmill game.

@Jetah

Conflict generally requires a "bone of contention": scarce resource, prime territory, etc. Wondering what those bones will be in Fractured. 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Farlander Basing on the knowledge system, you have to discover and explore the three planets (your native one will represent your early game), and believe me, that will be a really tough work to do! You will need time to move and a few shortcuts/teleports. Then you have city conflicts, asteroids' events (temporary PVP world), political matters and spells learning from world's foes...and more that we still have to develop.

Ah so to increase your knowledge beyond a limit you will be forced into some pvp.

baulders gate good! it like I much very!!!

• This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured