Scroll of teleportation 🌀⏳

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I must say that the idea is taken from a Russian LitRPG and is not quite suitable for our game, but maybe we can somehow adapt it to it.
    And so, proceed to the subject and its properties.
    What if in the game add some "unknown scrolls" in order to recognize them need a high level of "inspection" (do not know how we will be called the skill of recognition of objects), which will be said: this scroll can take you to absolutely any location. And at a low level of inspection, you will be available only the name of the object and its weight. Of course you can use this scroll, but you do not know what it will lead to?
    And what is any place - you will be transferred to a random region. This is if we talk about adaptation in the game. In the books this scroll teleports the character to a different floor ( in our case the planet), where it could be 24 hours, after which he would be forcibly teleported back. But as you understand, there is 1 nuance - if the demon is transferred to the planet of beastmen, it is waiting for a living hell, and if I remember correctly, he will not be able to stay there for a long time.
    This scroll can not be crafted, as it would belong to some ancient knowledge, and it will be knocked out with strong opponents of the humanoids and in the treasures of the dungeon (if such of course will be).

And so:

1. Do we need such a scroll in the game or not?
    2. Where will he be able to teleport us in our game?
    3. Will there be any debuffs when teleportation a character with this scroll?
    4. Will the scroll carry us for a certain amount of time or do we have to fulfill some conditions to get back?

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki I still think it would be interesting to have a scroll. allowing you to teleport to a random area to test himself and for good luck so to speak, as it can send you to a low-level location, and in the high-level (Yes, Yes, there are no levels in the game, but I imell because of the complexity)
    Allow the moment that you can be sent to a location rich in minerals or you will get under the battle of the players and become a third party, which will have to survive and the like

Personally, I favor the idea of having to invest time and resources and maybe even relying on cooperation in order to reach a different planet (the planned gateway system), since that adds meaning and a flavor of challenge. Just using a simple scroll takes a lot of that from the game.

@Logain Oh, I forgot to mention that the chance of a scroll drop is very low. And for some reason you see it as an object with which you can trade. I mean, it's an adventure item with a luck factor.

It would be nice to have a fast way to get back to a town or your house for when the wife says get off that computer now or you will be in trouble lol.

Teleport-home functionality would be nice, but I suspect it could be abused. How soon after PvP combat could you activate it, for instance?

Another question would be goods in inventory: do you get to transport those, too?

To use the scroll you must have an empty bag,

If your bag is not empty, upon using the scroll, all your belongings (resources from bag, not gear you are actually wearing) will drop on a ground before you are teleported.

In this way people can not keep scrolls until they are attacked in PvP, and use them when in danger to escape.
    There is also long cast time to use the scroll, that can be interrupted if you receive damage.

And what's the problem to install to use the scrolls limitations and impose conditions under the entrance to the portal in the city. I. e., you should not fight as least 1 minute, should not be under attack adversary, you weight should not exceed ** kg
    Why you look for flaws in the subject when you can just put the terms of use that the subject was usable.

@Prometheus or @Specter , how much time and effort will it take to get to another planet for the first time?
    For example, in order to get to another planet you need to have decent resources, reputation or other things, then the "threshold of entry" to other planets will be higher. Thus, these scrolls for some players (I remind you that the chance of loss is very small and you teleport to a random location), which they will receive, will be a very interesting reward.

@Roccandil UO had recalling and gating and there were rules for pvp so as not to abuse their use. It wouldn't be that hard to incorporate those rules here. Why not take better parts of well established successful games and use them for this?

@Farlander

because this game is different than UO.

Okay, I know we have Asteroids, but what do you think? Teleportation scroll to the "other world". Let's say we knocked out or scraped the scroll and thus got a way to get into another unprecedented world, by passing into the curvature of space in matter. If to say what is more or less similar, then I'd say Rift or greater rifts, as in Diablo 3. But I mean the very similarity that this world will be generated, and in the end will wait for a very expensive reward. By itself, the scroll will be very rare or expensive in crafting with the appropriate level of profession.

Ahhh..... I forgot about the rituals that already exist.... Well, just going to spread, not disappear as good

@Jetah Yea it's a different game....in name like all other games. That doesn't mean you can't incorporate game mechanics that work. Being able to teleport around is vital to all sand boxes. Players do not like to waste time travelling from one location to another especially if it is to get to a secure location to log off. I know myself I play as much as I can right up to the point of logging. If I have to travel 10-15 minutes to get to a secure location that can be a problem especially when you are suffering from wife aggro lol.

@Farlander said in Scroll of teleportation 🌀⏳:

@Jetah Yea it's a different game....in name like all other games. That doesn't mean you can't incorporate game mechanics that work. Being able to teleport around is vital to all sand boxes. Players do not like to waste time travelling from one location to another especially if it is to get to a secure location to log off. I know myself I play as much as I can right up to the point of logging. If I have to travel 10-15 minutes to get to a secure location that can be a problem especially when you are suffering from wife aggro lol.

Fractured wont have that easy teleportation. one core game part is dressing for travel. there will be some portals, like the invasions from Tartaros and portals to Asteroids. I can't remember if there'll be portals to different cities after you've been there. If there is then I hope it's limited.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

We certainly do not need teleportation scrolls or any form of quick travel in this game, though I'm sure many players will be making a ruckus about it.

I don't want this game to be that type of game. I want it to go into it with a strong sense of identity and one of those being no easy/convenient quick travel options.

It's rare to find a game these days where you can just wonder around in the wilderness by yourself feeling all alone and then suddenly run into another player or a group of brigands and having to fend for yourself.

Being able to instantly get out of that situation with a little scroll that plagues other games is just stupid.

(...)That doesn't mean you can't incorporate game mechanics that work(...)

What works for one game, might not work for another, if the core design is different. Mechanics should supplement each other.

(...)Being able to teleport around is vital to all sand boxes(...)

I strongly disagree, but I guess that's a point of personal preference.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Make it a dungeon teleport scroll, adapting from Albion like the random dungeon maps but somewhere else, a planet unknown and able to be coliniced or farmed on. Whatever maybe special dungeons or rare/legendary bosses.

Then maybe incorporate something like a bedroll to quick logout out in the wilderness. Have a mechanic in place that won't allow this if you are in combat. I don't want to be playing then have something happen that I have to immediately get off the game and then log back in the next time with my guy dead because he was sitting around still in the game even though I had logged. The game is a game and my life is real. The game is not. Alot of people want too much reality and do not understand games can't incorporate that level of reality. We play games to have fun--not work 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Traveling is, imho, one of the core aspect of Fractured: the difficulties and the risks that a long journey implies requires a certain setup and preparation from players (the right equipment for the environment, food, tools and so on).

Adding the option for teleporting around doesn't sound so good, even if it's random or it may lead to secret location (if that was the scenario than some place may be find only by pure luck, without any chance for the majority to ever be there).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured