Feature Spotlight series

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Developers
    When we can expect sequal for Feature Spotlight series? The last one #7 has published 20th of july 2018. So it is quite long time without more information. There is a lot of different kind of topics people are eager to read about.

Community
    What hot topics you would like to see covered in this series in future?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I would love to hear more about the lore, like basic knowledge and how much we can discover ingame, since we have no quest system.

Second would be more informations about player organisations. How will the party system work (restrictions regarding races, karma or something else)? Guildsystem - what have they planned for that? Town inhabitants?

Third would be about roleplay support. Will we get emotes like sit, drink, dance and sleep? Will we be able to get titles, change names trough marriage or even hide our names, give alias names? Will there be support for player made quests and stories, like chests that give one item per player as loot?

@Sindariya said in Feature Spotlight series:

Second would be more informations about player organisations. How will the party system work (restrictions regarding races, karma or something else)? Guildsystem - what have they planned for that? Town inhabitants?

Now player organisations is a huge topic which have a lot of question marks on top.

What it comes to parties, we do not know group sizes, how planned collisions and friendly fires works with alignment system and with different planet rules.

How many characters can be in one guild? What about alliances? Is there guild progression system, and if there is, what kind? Are guilds race/alignment locked? What kind of guild management QoL features have planned?

I am very eager to know more about these topics and ofc the lore too, because that interests me as well. I am not so keen on RP stuff, but I know that is important part to some people and needs some more information at some point.

I am waiting most information for these topics:

1. Crafting
    2. Asteroids
    3. Raids?

I'm quite curious about the logistics of interplanetary travel! 🙂 What does it take to open a world gate for merchants, for instance?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Tuoni
    Which details regarding crafting do you want to see in the spot light? After the alpha 1 I don't believe that there is so much more to see.

@Tuoni
    Which details regarding crafting do you want to see in the spot light? After the alpha 1 I don't believe that there is so much more to see.

Alpha 1 had really restricted gathering and crafting, so I am sure it just barely touched the surface and players had access only to craft the very basic and primitive starter stuff. There was no steam technology or any kind of smithing to provide most of the weapons and armors for example. I collected good amount of possibilities in this Crafting Matrix and I am sure this kind of stuff we could easily see in Fractured. There will be more advanced crafting, even devs wants the basic items to be easily replaceable. So the crafting (and actually gathering and refining too) will be a huge topic and we do not know much of it at this point.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Tuoni said in Feature Spotlight series:

@Tuoni

Alpha 1 had really restricted gathering and crafting, so I am sure it just barely touched the surface and players had access only to craft the very basic and primitive starter stuff. There was no steam technology or any kind of smithing to provide most of the weapons and armors for example. I collected good amount of possibilities in this Crafting Matrix and I am sure this kind of stuff we could easily see in Fractured. There will be more advanced crafting, even devs wants the basic items to be easily replaceable. So the crafting (and actually gathering and refining too) will be a huge topic and we do not know much of it at this point.

True there will be much more recipes and items to craft, but the process will be the same as with the basics. Collect the materials needed and than press the crafting button. Not sure if I want to know how many different recipes are possible. And since I haven't heard that there will be professions I didn't see the need for a spot light. that's why I asked. I have the feeling I missed soemthing huge.

• The two spotlights I want to see are town conquests and how the gear system is balanced.

We got to vote for a spotlight awhile back, and some of the topics were an indepth look into different crafting professions so it seems like they have deeper plans for crafting.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Target said in Feature Spotlight series:

The two spotlights I want to see are town conquests and how the gear system is balanced.

We got to vote for a spotlight awhile back, and some of the topics were an indepth look into different crafting professions so it seems like they have deeper plans for crafting.

Thx, I think this is the point I'm missing, since I'm only a month with fractured. But to be honest those choice look for me just like deep dive into recipes nothing more. I would be glad to be wrong, so bring a spot light on crafting so we all know more.

@Tuoni said in Feature Spotlight series:

@Tuoni

True there will be much more recipes and items to craft, but the process will be the same as with the basics. Collect the materials needed and than press the crafting button. Not sure if I want to know how many different recipes are possible. And since I haven't heard that there will be professions I didn't see the need for a spot light. that's why I asked. I have the feeling I missed soemthing huge.

Here is some questions which needs some answers or adjustments.. We do not actually know how much there will be different kind of professions and how deep those goes with advanced crafting (item tiers). Where all professions will be placed in school and knowledge systems? How we can unlock professions and how the progression works? What kind of tasks there will be? How does the attributes effects to crafting? Is there RNG involved? Do we get bonuses for crafting depending where we craft? Does your race matter in crafting? How different crafted items will decay and break? How repairing works? Does crafting need special tools? Is there any limit how much stuff you can craft in a day? Is there item enchanting or augmenting involved?

So I guess you are thinking this crafting too narrowly and only the crafting process itself. It is the whole crafting system where we need more information and the actual process is just one part of that. I hope you understand now better what I actually mean. 🙂

@Target said in Feature Spotlight series:

The two spotlights I want to see are town conquests and how the gear system is balanced.

These are big topics as well.

There is so much involved in town conquest and @Sindariya 's suggestion of player organisations will be one part of that. There are few things which comes ahead straight away. What different scales of battles there can be? Timers, from declaration til start? How logistics will be handled? What kind of siege weapons and defensive mechanics there will be? How long the battle takes? How often conquer can be started? Oh boy.. that is huge.

Gear system is something I am really interested too. If we can mix abilities and gear freely, it will be a challenge to balance the combat well. How many "tiers" there will be in gear's and how much is exactly the gap between different levels. I know it is planned there won't be heavy tier system, but most certainly there will be at least few steps so players have something more to achieve than jus the basic stuff.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured