What is called human transform for Beastman?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

As we already have Wolfkin and Vampires, humans should have only some features of those races, like an increased speed, or an attraction for sucking blood, not becoming an entire wolf or an entire vampire.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Esher said in What is called human transform for Beastman?:

As we already have Wolfkin and Vampires

Because of this I guess we should forget vampire and werewolf forms. Those are too close what we already have. I was actually hoping we would see Lich as evil transform and then we would have one spot still open (human -》beastman). Now it seams that this won't happen because Lich can be anything.. 😔

@Tuoni If Human -> Beastmen should be a thing, Human -> Demon should also be possible. Humans are the jack of all trades. Since the Humans are responsible for the destruction of Elysium, I would actually say they are closer to Demons than Beastmen, but Humans can be anything... can be as "good" as Beastmen and can be as "evil" as Demons.

If there would be one of those transformations, we would need both 😉

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki
    i dont like the neutral litch and the demons gaining fur. if there's a scale demon then it should be less scales. if it's a furry demon then less fur. but a scaled demon shouldn't gain fur at all.

but then again if you aren't a true demon then you're dead [to me].

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni Maybe not ^^ I said that humans could gain some abilities by being more "vampire" or more "werwolf", and maybe some physical transformation too. It's like being infected by some kind of virus (oh, maybe it could be a kind of event for later in the game, a big plague of a kind of a virus 😛 ), we don't transform completely. Sure, maybe not a werwolf or a vampire, but something else that could belong to the two races.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki

I like it; well thought out! 🙂

@Eurav said in What is called human transform for Beastman?:

@Tuoni If Human -> Beastmen should be a thing, Human -> Demon should also be possible. Humans are the jack of all trades. Since the Humans are responsible for the destruction of Elysium, I would actually say they are closer to Demons than Beastmen, but Humans can be anything... can be as "good" as Beastmen and can be as "evil" as Demons.

If there would be one of those transformations, we would need both 😉

Yeah, but then Lich would obviously be that evil one and that good/beastman form is what we are still missing. That is what I have said all the time. Lich is about x1000 closer evil rather than good, and like you said, lore wise humans are closer evil because what they have done. My problem is, that I just can't see Lich as good transform. It just don't make sense to me.

EDIT: I strikethrough that sentence, even I agree with it, but it has nothing to do with my point. I do not know what I was thinking yesterday.

@Tuoni said in What is called human transform for Beastman?:

I do not know what I was thinking yesterday.

That´s what I ask myself a lot of times as well, but since I am mostly writing in the evening after work... when I am tired AF... does not surprise me 😂

We see Lich as evil because that is how it is used most of the times, but it did not strike me as weird, just because they are using it differently. It is something "new" and for me a Lich is more of an undead magic caster than an evil being, so since they keep true to the first one, I don´t really care about the rest 👀

But yeah, if we have transformation for every alignment, Lich should be evil or neutral. I think if they are considering something like this, they probably would not make a transformation for neutral (since Jacopo said in a Q&A video that he thinks this would not make sense), so in that case Lich -> evil 🤔

@Tuoni said in What is called human transform for Beastman?:

I do not know what I was thinking yesterday.

That´s what I ask myself a lot of times as well,
    🙂

We see Lich as evil because that is how it is used most of the times, but it did not strike me as weird, just because they are using it differently. It is something "new" and for me a Lich is more of an undead magic caster than an evil being, so since they keep true to the first one, I don´t really care about the rest 👀

But yeah, if we have transformation for every alignment, Lich should be evil or neutral. I think if they are considering something like this, they probably would not make a transformation for neutral (since Jacopo said in a Q&A video that he thinks this would not make sense), so in that case Lich -> evil 🤔

New stuff is something what gets me interested as well. However, as long as it makes sense to me. I generally really like Fractured's races and it is fresh to see demons and beastmen as playable races. And yeah, my problem with liches comes how I have experienced those in other games, fantasy based movies and fantasy literature. To me lich is an undead caster as well, but when talking about undead or lich, those are both evil creatures in my mind. I am pretty sure I represent the majority here, however, it does not mean I and other like minded are right. Liches are interesting concept no arguments there, I think I just need to digest this good lich a little bit more and maybe one day I can regard to it better.

Good and evil is relative and depends on much factors.

Is your own survival in question when you are doing something, does other entitiy deserve what you will do to him... then we can enter a whole discussion about who deserves what based again on million factors.

TLDR: you can notdefine anyone as evil based on few actions, therefore you can also not statistically define most of entities from paeticular race as evil.

You can have your personal opinion about it, but thats just that, your personal opinion.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured