Skeletons

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Thwunk Ha, I see there will are skeletons planned for Alpha now, albeit NPC: the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Thwunk said in Skeletons:

@Thwunk Ha, I see there will are skeletons planned for Alpha now, albeit NPC: the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

And the skeleton of a hundred bones begins with a single ossible.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@muker

Agreed. It is a bit to early. But I’m sure if there were expansions per say in the future it could be a possibility then.

Cons:
    your not a demon

More pros:

• you can lie down and pretend that you're dead
    • you can dismantle yourself for easier transportation
    • you can carry extra stuff in your rib cage

Pros:

-That "Removing Your Thumb" magic trick is a heck of a lot easier.
    -You can't fall for the "Got Your Nose" trick

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@FallenW1ng said in Skeletons:

-That "Removing Your Thumb" magic trick is a heck of a lot easier.
    -You can't fall for the "Got Your Nose" trick

Unfortunately, now you can fall for the "Got Your Thumb", "Got Your Femur" or "Got Your Everything-But-Skull" tricks.

Best Halloween T-Shirt I saw last season:

2 skeletons are standing facing each other. Skeleton 1 is holding skeleton 2's spinal column in its hand and says "Don't worry I have your back"

A skeleton is bone to be wild

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi there

I think Skeletons would be an awesome idea. Perhaps in a few updates or a new expansion?

An army of the dead Led by a Lich? That would be quite awesome I think.

And offer an Angelic force to oppose it as angels will be playable in game here. Perhaps an aerial city
    for the angelic to combat evil from?

First question what this suggestion pop up my mind was; How skeletons as playable race suits to world of Fractured?

Skeletons are less used as playable race in MMORPGs or maybe not used at all, I dont know for sure. However, there is Undead e.g. in WoW, which is almost a same thing.. but in otherhand also different. Undeads in general can be considered to have some brain activity, but skeletons goes more to category brainless monsters. Now this point makes me hard to see skeleton as playable race. Still I understand if other people thinks opposite.

More important in this matter is, where you place skeletons in this world? In Fractured we have this alignment system, and I was wondering how skeleton can be lawful or good, and how this can be implemented at least somehow reasonable and believeable way?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Tuoni

I have a few suggestions that may touch on those issues.

Perhaps being a skeleton isn’t a permanent race that you play. In fact, maybe you can be a skeletal beast man, human, or demon. Perhaps becoming a skeleton is a direct relation to the game world.

For example, there could be a really tough boss on each of the worlds such that when you are killed by this boss you become a skeleton for a certain duration. Skeletons would be by and large detrimental, lower intelligence, easier to cripple, but perhaps they could have a few buffs. Less impact from the environment, no need to eat, etc

I’d really love to see the old school mechanic of certain impacts that occur if you are defeated by certain bosses.

Edit:
    Heck, it could even be tied to an asteroid. If you die on this asteroid, you become a skeleton for a duration. That would be pretty cool too πŸ™‚

@Pluto said in Skeletons:

@Tuoni

I have a few suggestions that may touch on those issues.

Perhaps being a skeleton isn’t a permanent race that you play. In fact, maybe you can be a skeletal beast man, human, or demon. Perhaps becoming a skeleton is a direct relation to the game world.

This sounds better already and makes more sense imo. Skeleton as temporary form is one good option and would effect to gameplay interesting way with debuffs and buffs suggested earlier in this thread. Will for sure spice up open world PvX.

Maybe there could be some kind of underworld continent where you can only travel as dead? Maybe you need to be killed by a specific boss like you mentioned to get this access. Moreover, this can also be somehow related to knowledge system and you need to craft or buy a specific item to complete the transformation (just an example).

So summarizing my opinnion.. Would I like to see skeleton as permanent race option? Not so much. Would I like to see as temporary transformation? Hell yes. πŸ˜‰

• This post is deleted!

Being a skeleton for 15 minutes after you have died, or until you equip some new gear, whichever comes first (15 minutes passes or you slot some item on). Droping all you have when you die, you will for sure be naked and without items for some time anyway.

With some temporary buffs and debuffs while you are a skeleton.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Meiki

Yep. I don't think it has to stop there either. I think it would be extremely neat if there were different effects like that on certain asteroids πŸ˜›

It would make discovering and exploring different asteroids pretty interesting, that's for sure

@Pluto This could be really interesting to implement.

I'd really like to see some Necromancer bosses that could revive you as a skeleton, but (imho) only a few bosses should be able to do things like this. And maybe when a boss revive you as a skeleton it can mind control you. Or can't?

Also, this "revive a skeleton" option could be something also related to players.
    It could be useful to revive your friend as a skeleton for a while to help you kill some monster after he dies. Well, at least if he decide to help you.

• This post is deleted!

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured