An option to NOT choose a deity?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

You are free to curry favor with the gods as you like, or ignore them. The game does not have a "this is your god" variable any more than it does a "this is your class" or "this is your level".

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Esher Where is it mentioned the divine quests are only for demon to angel progression? as far as I have read it will be available to anyone who gets enough favor with said God

@Azraelius said in An option to NOT choose a deity?:

@Esher Where is it mentioned the divine quests are only for demon to angel progression? as far as I have read it will be available to anyone who gets enough favor with said God

I think you are right:

DIVINE QUESTS
    Divine Quests are missions obtained at shrines and temples that must be completed by anyone who wishes to become the Champion of a God. Fulfilling them triggers changes to your Karma, pushing it towards the Alignment of the God in question. By becoming the Champion of a God, you are granted a unique blessing in the form of a permanent status effect, plus the chance to use one or more Divine Abilities that don’t have to be memorized. The number and power of said abilities depend on the deity’s favor towards you and how well your current Karma matches the God’s one.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Azraelius Look at me... You want to sleep... You're tired.... Forget what I said.... (I'm so used to say wrong things... I'm sorry x) )

@Tuoni said in An option to NOT choose a deity?:

The number and power of said abilities depend on the deity’s favor towards you and how well your current Karma matches the God’s one.*

Players might start as champions of a certain god by default, and they might need the quest to become champions of another god.

I'm not sure if we got any more details about that so I'm not sure if players start as champions of some god, or they only start with certain karma but not as champions of a god, and they HAVE TO do those quest to become one.

This is quite possible though, would be nice if we get some more input on this. 🙂

@Esher All good 🙂 I was unsure myself so that's why I asked...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

These gods we can pick from are minor gods in my eyes, not all-powerful gods capable of doing everything.

Tends to happen with polytheistic rosters. They get assigned their own domain.

Just because you choose to follow one, doesn't mean you don't believe in another god. It just means your values don't align with theirs. In that sense, it's more of a philosophical question of who you choose to follow, given that its accepted that these gods exist in the game, there's no need for faith. It's just a fact.

There is no blind faith. Following a god will give you tangible benefits and boons in this game, and that's where I draw the line with real world religion, it's based on gospel, old books and faith. There is no real tangible connection.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured