The Tides of PVP

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This is a very interesting thread. I think that they are starting off right simply by having 3 factions. Most games have been doing a two faction system. There is normally a more popular side and while at the start there is little impact, I have seen one side stop bothering to pvp because it’s not worth there time to get crushed underfoot. I hope that the three worlds, with three different rule sets will help balance things.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I didn't see anyone mention eclipses or alignments as balancing factors for pvp. Evil alignment face a penalty for traveling to any other planet; vice-versa for those who are good aligned. So for example the only time it would be a good idea for Demons or Abominations to plunder Syndesia is during an eclipse. Even if there were one guild on Syndesia and one on Tartaros who ruled, those two guilds would have to deal with each during an eclipse. Because of this I believe alignments and eclipses are going to play a big part in balancing pvp and could potentially prevent this tide from happening.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@crowdac

I also find it interesting that Beastmen have the option of visiting the other two planets without debuffs (at least as followers of Tyros).

Giving the PvE planet the most geographical power-projection options, as well as a safe space to retreat to: we'll see how that works. πŸ™‚

@roccandil
    with debuffs, yes. (only assumed because the way demon/human invasions happen.)

if they are neutral aligned on human planet, they're fine.
    if they're evil aligned on tartaros, they're fine.

• @Roccandil I read the Tyros exception as only applying to the karma loss debuff that humans get for visiting Tartaros. It's unclear if that applies to beastmen and their stat debuff.

@jetah Beastmen of any alignment don't suffer debuffs while on Syndesia, they just don't have their Arboreus buffs. I don't think demons suffer any debuffs either, unless their method of teleportation applies them. Syndesia is supposed to be the middle ground where anyone of any alignment is on even footing.

@target
    if that were the case then demons would never leave.

• @jetah What would buffs/debuffs have to do with demons choosing to leave or stay? If you're talking about an attrition system for demons, that's what I meant about their teleportation method. It wouldn't be because they're evil.

@target

Ah, good point. I went back and re-read it; sounds like it may only apply to humans:

With open PvP, full loot, and no punishment for crime, Tartaros is a harsh environment for Demons – let alone for other races! Beastmen are directly penalized when travelling through this Evil planet, while Humans have a slightly easier time, particularly if they enjoy the protection of a God.

If I'm getting it right this time, good human followers of Tyros can live on Syndesia and travel anywhere without penalty: for 20/40 hours on Arboreus, and 1 hour on Tartaros (after which their presence is trumpeted to the locals).

So, sounds like good humans can be the true Rangers of Fractured. πŸ™‚

@target said in The Tides of PVP:

@jetah What would buffs/debuffs have to do with demons choosing to leave or stay? If you're talking about an attrition system for demons, that's what I meant about their teleportation method. It wouldn't be because they're evil.

i just don't see the gods of each planet being happy with someone following another god being on their planet.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Jetah All buffs are lost on Syndesia for both Beastmen and Demons as @Target mentioned. However, Demons also suffer from leaking vital energy after a couple of hours, but don't suffer this penalty during an eclipse. I'm not sure what happens when they convert to neutral on Syndesia @Target may know.
    @Jetah I don't believe the Gods have the reach you think they do. They seem to bring their will to fruition via those who worship them. It is up to their champion's to rid their world of blasphemers. Not sure if this is true, but seems to be. Otherwise what would be the point of offerings and Divine quests?

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured