Switching Characters

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix

1. just so you know - if you don't build a house you don't have it! For sure it shouldn't be required to play to build a house.
    2. who said anything about PvP. Read the topic - we're talking about changing characters. Do you even read my posts? Or yours πŸ˜‰

@Benseine if you log off and are ported back to your planet it would reasonable that you lose what you collected. That would be clearly too easy and tempting to abuse to just log off to be TPed back to safety. I'm curious how will the treat it - offline teleportation back to the planet.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

ArcheAge had housing in the open world. You could get ganked on the plot when farming, but not inside your own house. The inside of your house was save if you closed the door. I bet Fractured will be similar.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk yes curious to see what's @Prometheus view on this...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire yes you should know that you are in danger. But you shouldn't be able to log off quickly and port back to home planet that way.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@tulukaruk said in Switching Characters:

just so you know - if you don't build a house you don't have it! For sure it shouldn't be required to play to build a house.

Yeah, but then that's your own problem, and not a problem of game mechanics. You are free to build or not, but don't blame anyone else if you don't and then don't get to reap it's benefits. πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix so you think all players should be forced to do PvE if they want more then 1 character? πŸ˜‰ Players that just want to do PvP shouldn't be forced to do PvE. Same as players that want PvE shouldn't be forced to do PvP (while PvE players can be attacked they shouldn't have to look for victims to attack to progress in the game).

@gothix so you think all players should be forced to do PvE if they want more then 1 character? πŸ˜‰ Players that just want to do PvP shouldn't be forced to do PvE. Same as players that want PvE shouldn't be forced to do PvP (while PvE players can be attacked they shouldn't have to look for victims to attack to progress in the game).

All players should be "forced to" PvX if they want to max out their possibilities.

Players that only do PvP or that only do PvE should be at disadvantage compared to players that do full PvX.

What you wanna do is your choice, but player that "does" more than you should "have" more than you (in all aspects).

Players today are too entitled and mistake games as products where they can do what the hell they want, and everything should be tailored to their needs because "they payed for it".

Sadly many devs actually try to serve these entitled players that way and then games end up being an absolute crap. It's been decades since I played a decent game due to this.

I certainly hope devs here will be smart enough to not listen to entitled player demands and ruin one more potentially great MMO.

"Waaah, I don't want to PvP. I shouldn't need to..."

• WHAM! Full loot open PvP, sword into face planets. Don't whine and deal with it!

"Waaah, I don't want to PvE, I want to just PvP and have all that I need for it without PvE-ing..."

• WHAM! PvE knowledge collecting to get more skills, and stronger skills, housing to get safe spot, crafting for gear,... deal with it!

@gothix

But those that PvP or PvE exclusively will have less skills but not less power.

Although if skill acquisition is static then just knowing where the skill is would be only method of breaking the exclusive game type.

If I want a frost spell and it’s exclusive to PvE then I’ll PvE to get it even if I want to be exclusively PvP.

@Jetah there is r1, r2, and r3 of each skill, so players that have r1 will be less powerful than players that collected r3.

Fractured tries to be more friendly to new players than other MMOs, by not having levels (no easy ganking lvl 60 vs lvl 10), and having a limited skill bar slots (so you cant go with 100 skills vs a player with 3 skills), but make no mistake, players that have done more, and have collected more skills and their more powerfull ranks will be generaly more powerfull than fresh players with only few basic r1 skills.

The power gap will not be as strong as in other typical MMO (and that's good) but there will be a power difference.

@gothix
    Expecting ahorizontal power growth, it’s possible that rank two and rank three will only grant 1% power each or the difference between rank 1 and 3 can be 1%. Then again ranks do not have to grant power they can grant utility.

@jetah said in Switching Characters:

@gothix
    Expecting ahorizontal power growth, it’s possible that rank two and rank three will only grant 1% power each or the difference between rank 1 and 3 can be 1%. Then again ranks do not have to grant power they can grant utility.

But extra utility still means an extra advantage. A spell doesn't have to deal more raw damage to be more powerful. Extra CC duration, harder slow effect, lower mana cost, whatever,... still makes r3 spell more advantageous then r1 spell, and player equipped with r3 spell assortment will beat a player equipped with r1 spell assortment (assuming their skill/gear/circumstances are equal).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If the power growth will make a substantial difference then multiple characters will automatically be harder to menage. If it can be ignored in the long run then multiple characters will be more valid.

Prometheus once said that the difference between r2 and r3 won't be too much but in other place he said that once guy should be able to kill 4... so we'll see πŸ˜‰

Prometheus once said that the difference between r2 and r3 won't be too much but in other place he said that once guy should be able to kill 4... so we'll see πŸ˜‰

Well on it's own, just one spell r2 vs r3 will not be a game changer... but all skills in your bar r3, vs having all of them r2 or r1, it will add up. Together with other factors, that will also add up bit by bit, a veteran player will gain a certain advantage over fresh player.

Fractured will be good because this advantage will likely not be too large, and fresh player can make up for it with his skill. That's the point.

However, 2 players having equal skill.. veteran player will have certain advantage over fresh player, and that's cool.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Switching Characters:

All players should be "forced to" PvX if they want to max out their possibilities.
    Players that only do PvP or that only do PvE should be at disadvantage compared to players that do full PvX.
    What you wanna do is your choice, but player that "does" more than you should "have" more than you (in all aspects)

Remember about Beastmen - in their case PvP will be vey small part of the world if present at all...

@dybuk said in Switching Characters:

@gothix said in Switching Characters:

What you wanna do is your choice, but player that "does" more than you should "have" more than you (in all aspects)

Remember about Beastmen - in their case PvP will be vey small part of the world if present at all...

Beastmen have an option to travel to Syndesia and to Tartaros to PvP, that's more than enough, and if that's not enough for them, they have an option to play another race.

Everyone has a choice. And if you make a choice to not do something, that's on you. You should have the consequences of your choice.

Also remember, Beastmen will have a possibility to do more (easyer) PvE than other races as well, and then travel to other planets to PvP. Demons can't do that.

So, everything I wrote stands. Beastmen are even in advantage due to their protections.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Gothix
    Yes, I get it, but you mentioned that "Players that only do PvP or that only do PvE should be at disadvantage compared to players that do full PvX."

The thing: is planet travel is supposed to be hard, at least except eclipses of Tartaros and Syndesia. In which Arboreus does not take part. I think in case of Beastmen planet travel will be more of an end-game thing. So it would seem that Beastmen will be at disadvantage till very late in the game.
    I agree, that people that take Beastmen as their character will do it with full knowledge what comes with it. Still, this disadvantage that you mentioned should not be a strong one.

I guess some access to skills and knowledge should be based on PVP, so if you want to master every skill, you should dabble in a lot of different activities, but it shouldn't be something that would hinder your game.

In most cases it would be enough if skills could be unlocked either way - by PvP or by PvE, or by traveling and exploring. Maybe a difference in effort that have to be put into unlocking could be varied. For example a combat skill could be easier to unlock by PvP and would require much more effort to do it by PvE only.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured