[Guide] How to block users on the forums
Special thanks to @Gothix for explaining how to do this, as it's a little bit roundabout.
- Click on your icon on the right of the top bar and click on your own name at the top of the drop-down list.
- On your profile page, click on the ... button on the right and select Blocks on the dropdown list.
- On the right side of this page, type the username you wish to block into the field, and click on the username that you wish to block.
- Click Toggle Block next to the displayed user information.
Effects of blocking
- Topics created by the blocked user do not display to you at all, as though they never made one.
- In all other topics, posts by the blocked user do not display to you at all, as though they never made one (except for quotes and @ 's in the posts of other users).
- You will not be able to send chats to or receive chats from the blocked user.
hmmm i wonder how the convo got into that subject and of course thank you for the new information
So I asked Gothix.
cool makes sense
Let's hope that we are a nice community and that we will not need to block people in the first place.
Oh yeah, to unblock someone it's an exact same procedure, the only difference being that clicking toggle block second time, turns the block off, then on, then off... you get the point.