Defending buildings while offline?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I've had a hunt around in the Everything we know about Fractured thread and the general search function, and I'm amazed I can't find anything on this. Someone must have asked this question already. Is my search-fu just that weak, or has this somehow not come up yet?

Has there been any discussion around how player-owned buildings can be attacked or defended while the owners are offline?

I'm interested in this from both angles, both as a future property owner and as a future plunderer.

Because if there's an eclipse going on and I jump into Syndesia in an area where the owners of the local landscape are all offline, I still want to be able to cause a bit of mayhem while they're away.

But at the same time, if I have a little desert lodge in Tartaros, it would be nice to at least have a chance to do something to defend it or recover from an attack that will inevitably happen while I'm offline, because demons gonna demon, obviously.

What's the story?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Player buildings in a guild setllements can be destroyed during a siege window. Rest of the time they are protected from dmg.

Player buildings will dissapear over time if you don't pay the ingame upkeep to the carpenter npc.

There will be a spotlight aka devblog about this topic soon(ish)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

In the guild town, I supppose there will be guards that will defend your settlement. If you have only one house, I suppose you just have to build it in a safe place ^^

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Ah, cool. Siege window is a good enough answer for now, I'll wait for the blog update for details.

Thanks. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esher said in Defending buildings while offline?:

In the guild town, I supppose there will be guards that will defend your settlement. If you have only one house, I suppose you just have to build it in a safe place ^^

If your house is not part of a guild settlement then only the carpenter npc rule applies

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Don't leave any valuables unguarded. I'll be raiding you regularly.

• DymStudios - CEO

@benseine said in Defending buildings while offline?:

Player buildings will dissapear over time if you don't pay the ingame upkeep to the carpenter npc.

You can repair them yourself. You don't need the Carpenter NPC, that's a time saver 🙂

@KairosVal "siege window" is the short answer indeed. Also, you can't destroy buildings in general besides defensive ones. Your house is safe even during a siege. If you lose the siege, you lose the town and the house within, but that's a different story...

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured