hint for logout

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I'm not arguing with you. Just adding to your story.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

thats a cool idea

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Thanks for your opinion

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Uppo argomento

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I like the 15 minute timeout in unsafe locations on disconnect.

I don't like the 15 minute timeout in unsafe locations on logout. My problem is that it feels too punishing on players that aren't exploiting and have limited time for their gameplay loops.

I think that a good compromise might be to allow players to create a safe logout zone in the open world by creating a campfire and clearing out any aggressive mobs and enemy players in a large radius.

I think that getting players to manually set up camp is a more immersive and balanced method than the super-gamey channeled-logistics-spell route when it comes to enforcing players to not log out in the middle of combat.

I think that if players can create a safe logout zone with planning and consumable resources, then the 15 minute penalty on logging out in unsafe spaces becomes reasonable.

EDIT: Additionally, this could open up a balancing mechanic: If a character is logged off at a campfire, the campfire should show that fact in the game world. Not necessarily showing who or how many, but just that someone is logged out at that location.

This would give nearby players who scout the campfire a head's up that someone might pop into existence at that location at any time, so they've got the ability to identify the risk and alter their gameplay accordingly.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@kairosval said in hint for logout:

I don't like the 15 minute timeout in unsafe locations on logout. My problem is that it feels too punishing on players that aren't exploiting and have limited time for their gameplay loops.

I think that a good compromise might be to allow players to create a safe logout zone in the open world by creating a campfire and clearing out any aggressive mobs and enemy players in a large radius.

I think that getting players to manually set up camp is a more immersive and balanced method than the super-gamey channeled-logistics-spell route when it comes to enforcing players to not log out in the middle of combat.

I think that if players can create a safe logout zone with planning and consumable resources, then the 15 minute penalty on logging out in unsafe spaces becomes reasonable.

instead of using alt+f4 or removing network access they could just hit escape then logout/exit and are instantly removed from the game world. to me that's just as bad.

If you want immersive then there's no removal of the characters in the game world.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@jetah said in hint for logout:

instead of using alt+f4 or removing network access they could just hit escape then logout/exit and are instantly removed from the game world. to me that's just as bad.

Do you seriously claim to think that:

A) Allowing players to log out safely while out of combat by spending time and resources to set up a safe camp first...

... would be just as bad as...

B) Players disconnecting mid combat to avoid death without penalty?

If so, I don't believe you. 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

A) Allowing players to log out safely while out of combat by spending time and resources to set up a safe camp first...

i don't believe people should log out outside of a city or personal plot.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

i don't believe people should log out outside of a city or personal plot.

I believe that is too punishing on non-exploitative players, particularly if there are long journeys and no fast travel.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured