Is Fractured going to be Free?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus said in Is Fractured going to be Free?:

@lohen said in Is Fractured going to be Free?:

Prometheus said the august wont be full with informations cause the holidays
    But august is nearly over my friends 😄

..and the updates are coming, worry not!

@Mata this autumn is indicatively the right time indeed, although it could be delayed a lot (to mid 2018 even) if Dynamight receives other funding in the meantime.

Another approach some developers have been using to raise funds is to secure a round of funding through KS before going to more traditional funding sources, effectively using the KS money as seed. An example of that is Chronicles of Elyria, by Soulbound Studios.

I'm sure you've considered that avenue. Curious to know why you did not choose it.

• DymStudios - CEO

@holyavengerone said in Is Fractured going to be Free?:

Another approach some developers have been using to raise funds is to secure a round of funding through KS before going to more traditional funding sources, effectively using the KS money as seed. An example of that is Chronicles of Elyria, by Soulbound Studios.
    I'm sure you've considered that avenue. Curious to know why you did not choose it.

CoE started with $500k from the founder's own pockets and "friends & family" - those were their seed money (or pre-seed, if you want). Then, 8 months after the project was announced and the website launched, there was a Kickstarter. I haven't followed what came after but I indeed suppose they want to raise even more money through a Series A investment round.

This first step - those magic 500k - is the key there 😉 Carrying a whole team to a Kickstarter for an MMO takes months, and that requires significant funds already. If you're not wealthy to begin with - and we're not - you need to find investors before KS :slight_smile:

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus said in Is Fractured going to be Free?:

@holyavengerone said in Is Fractured going to be Free?:

CoE started with $500k from the founder's own pockets and "friends & family" - those were their seed money (or pre-seed, if you want). Then, 8 months after the project was announced and the website launched, there was a Kickstarter. I haven't followed what came after but I indeed suppose they want to raise even more money through a Series A investment round.

This first step - those magic 500k - is the key there 😉 Carrying a whole team to a Kickstarter for an MMO takes months, and that requires significant funds already. If you're not wealthy to begin with - and we're not - you need to find investors before KS :slight_smile:

CoE did pretty well with Kickstarter and got over $1.3M from it and they have continued selling pledge packages on their own website. They are just about to hit $3.1M from overall crowdfunding and are indeed looking for more investors.

Would be great if you manage to get funds before the Kickstarter so that you can push it back a little because that would mean you would be able to get the game further in development before trying to sell it for a larger crowd. The more you have to show the more interest it gets in KS in my experience. Ashes of Creation did something like that and got almost $3.3M which is the best any MMO has done so far IIRC.

• DymStudios - CEO

@rofus said in Is Fractured going to be Free?:

Would be great if you manage to get funds before the Kickstarter so that you can push it back a little because that would mean you would be able to get the game further in development before trying to sell it for a larger crowd. The more you have to show the more interest it gets in KS in my experience. Ashes of Creation did something like that and got almost $3.3M which is the best any MMO has done so far IIRC.

Indeed - that's exactly what we're aiming at! 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured