The knowledge system and cookie cutter builds.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Since you can obtain any ability and spell in the game, how are you going to ensure build diversity? What's stopping players from all using the same cookie cutter build?

• DymStudios - CEO

@vengu said in The knowledge system and cookie cutter builds.:

Since you can obtain any ability and spell in the game, how are you going to ensure build diversity? What's stopping players from all using the same cookie cutter build?

The same thing that prevents players from all using the same hero/champion in MOBAs: countering mechanics and situational builds. Your stats are set during character creation, so each character has its own defined strengths and weaknesses. Plus, you can learn all the abilities in the game... but you can't use them all at the same time, you can only prepare a set when resting, so each player will likely change his build according to what he wants to do / plans to fight against during the upcoming gaming session :slight_smile:

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus said in The knowledge system and cookie cutter builds.:

The same thing that prevents players from all using the same hero/champion in MOBAs: countering mechanics and situational builds. Your stats are set during character creation, so each character has its own defined strengths and weaknesses. Plus, you can learn all the abilities in the game... but you can't use them all at the same time, you can only prepare a set when resting, so each player will likely change his build according to what he wants to do / plans to fight against during the upcoming gaming session :slight_smile:

Will there be any way to reset the starting stats post-character creation?

• DymStudios - CEO

@Kris you'll likely get a few free stat respecs too, yes, but it's hard to tell right now exactly how many and when.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@prometheus said in The knowledge system and cookie cutter builds.:

Had same concern as Vengu. Still do, actually, but less so. Meta is a thing in any online game, I'm mostly worried to what extend it will be in Fractured. Even the ability to customise on-the-go doesn't really address this issue. I tend to dislike restrictive meta-building, and would really be disappointed to see situation where everyone respecs to a particular meta build before a particular encounter in a way that you're instructed to follow, not that you choose.
    Not that I absolutely hate meta situations, but I always wish to have some room for the personal "flavor" to builds.
    P.S. By no means it's a rant, just expressing my concerns :slight_smile:

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

so what kind of changes on the character after a few times will be paid?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured