The Hunt Update & Free Week

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all!

New summons, dynamic quests, emotes… and 9 days of FREE PLAY to celebrate their arrival! Welcome to The Hunt!

Read the full announcement

Cheers!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Since you're doubling down on summons. Is there a chance you can look into summons related bugs as part of this update? There is plenty of times where summons do not engage in combat, even though they are set to aggressive OR run back to you while there is a valid target.
    Casting spells on enemies is also incredibly hard when surrounded by summons. not being able to cast certain healing spells on specific summons is also a problem. Since they often overlap.
    Summon move speed is way too slow. Constant need to resummon as you explore because they fell too far behind. This goes for all summons. Some are worse than others but all are bad as far as movement speed goes.
    I will certainly mainly move to ranged summons to avoid the majority of those issues.

Regarding your last words to balancing:
    I feel like this actually needs a lot of work all throughout the game. Some builds are really strong, others barely playable. Most Caster and ranger skills NEED summons to tank or otherwise are not playable in PvE.
    Different spell groups have insanely different damage numbers and the only reason this isn't so much of a problem in PvP is because of friendly fire.
    Races are also completely out of wack. some racial abilities are strong, others about useless.
    The fact that humans get +20% to all damage makes them reign supreme in most build scenarios. I think the overall consesus in the game community is that humans are way overpowered or more so that other races are incredibly week.

I was really hoping to see a big balancing patch or something that moves us away from any non-melee build needing to put a summon on their bar. Oh well...

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Traps are not working as described and knife fighting feels bad and weak. I can run through areas with a bow while with dagger I can barley creep through. I do not want to have to use a bow so I have kind of lost the will to play. Also are traps meant o hurt the user or not. It seems like every time I log it switches. Though I have not played in a week or so. I do like the game.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Silynx said in The Hunt Update & Free Week:

Since you're doubling down on summons. Is there a chance you can look into summons related bugs as part of this update? There is plenty of times where summons do not engage in combat, even though they are set to aggressive OR run back to you while there is a valid target.
    Casting spells on enemies is also incredibly hard when surrounded by summons. not being able to cast certain healing spells on specific summons is also a problem. Since they often overlap.
    Summon move speed is way too slow. Constant need to resummon as you explore because they fell too far behind. This goes for all summons. Some are worse than others but all are bad as far as movement speed goes.

Yes, we are adding some improvements to summons as well, like targeting and behaviors. I should have mentioned it, I've added it to the post.

Most Caster and ranger skills NEED summons to tank or otherwise are not playable in PvE.

Rangers and casters have always been considered the best PvE classes before summons were introduced and their numbers were not changed, so I don't really think we have a problem there 🙂 Clearly you can't stand still and face-tank a bunch of high-CR mobs as light-armor-wearing wizard or a ranger...

Races are also completely out of wack. some racial abilities are strong, others about useless.

Yeah, we are doing something there too!

• DymStudios - CEO

@Cellticlink said in The Hunt Update & Free Week:

Traps are not working as described

I've just tested all traps and they do what they say. Could you explain why you think they are bugged? Thanks!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Prometheus said in The Hunt Update & Free Week:

Yes, we are adding some improvements to summons as well, like targeting and behaviors. I should have mentioned it, I've added it to the post.

WOOOT?! much appreciated!

@Prometheus said in The Hunt Update & Free Week:

Yeah, we are doing something there too!

OK, now I'm actually excited about the patch!

Thanks for commenting!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus Yes Sir.
    Acid trap, auto triggers after about 3 seconds, even if no enemy is nearby.
    Poison trap, auto triggers after about 3 seconds, even if no enemy is nearby.
    Barb trap, does not trigger if an enemy gets near or walks over it.

Also can all of these get a slow effect, crit chance, and transparent so they are harder to see. since traps are a subterfuge tactic which should be useable twithought breaking stealth at least. I can dream.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus
    Well "face palm"

I misunderstood the description for poison trap and acid trap. I suppose I read them as if they would work like the other traps but instead, they are placeable time bombs. Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

• @Prometheus I'm not saying Arboreus needs some summon love, but, uh... 😄

summonlist.jpg

Red is Syndesia
    Green is Arboreus
    Blue is both

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Yalah said in The Hunt Update & Free Week:

@Prometheus I'm not saying Arboreus needs some summon love, but, uh... 😄
    Red is Syndesia
    Green is Arboreus
    Blue is both

Personally I think that's actually ok. Healing abilities are primarily found in Arboreus. I'm sure thats true for other schools as well. I appreciate the need to visit both worlds.

• @Silynx My counter point to that is a newb starts the game, goes to Arboreus, and has no summon progression. Most things usually have options on both worlds. Plus, a Warthog summon would be awesome 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured