"Fight the good fight!"

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GamerSeuss said in "Fight the good fight!":

@Tuoni The Devs want combat to be Click intensive and Target uncertain. That is why they are using the combat system they are using. If you made it auto-attack/auto-target, then you would free your mouse up to do other things and leave the character on autopilot...instead of having to choose when you stop clicking attacks to do something else with your mouse.

This is all 100% intentional, so they aren't going to add in any systems that take away from that combat experience.

It will not leave the character to autopilot in any way, just makes the combat smoother. Mouse will be still used for moving and switching the target. That would just take away the current clumsy mouse use especially when kiting. Test Albion combat and you understand what I mean. Even the current system would be 100% intentional it does not make it automatically good design. And I am not sure how you know devs will not make changes or improvements to the combat system?

@Vortech said in "Fight the good fight!":

The first step to fixing ranged is homing auto attacks like AO. Rangers for example, feel pretty awful in pvp and their potential is limited by this clunky implementation. Save the skillshots for the abilities..

@spoletta said in "Fight the good fight!":

Auto targeting for ranged: This would go against the intention of the devs. It is intended that you need to manually aim the target.

A bit excessive.. Allowing homing auto attacks within a reasonable cone doesn't take anything away from requiring skill shots on all abilities. It just fixes the clunk/jank ranged users have to deal with trying to land chip damage and move around.

Agreed. Making basic attacks work more like autoattacks in Albion would only make the combat less clunky. The fights are not win with the basic attacks anyway... Those are rather mainly used as fillers between skills.

• Content Creator

@Tuoni They have said that the click combat system they have now is what they intended. This is the design they want for combat flow in FO. I think a lot of us are okay with this, even if there are a few decenters out there.

I tried Albion, wasn't a fan of it at all. I don't want any kind of autoattack, each attack should be intentional, both in targeting and execution.

@GamerSeuss If that current clumsy and clunky click combat is intentional and best what they can do... that is just so disapointing. Anyhow, I am not taking your word about it what is intentional and what is not. The game is also still in development and it would be really odd if alpha combat build is the best that we can get for the release.

• @Tuoni You have to keep in mind that there are sync problems at the moment, which according to dynamight should be fixed in further patches and that many players play with too high a latency, which affects this.
    In the final game, combat will play much more smoothly.

• @GamerSeuss said in "Fight the good fight!":

@Tuoni They have said that the click combat system they have now is what they intended. This is the design they want for combat flow in FO. I think a lot of us are okay with this, even if there are a few decenters out there.
    You assume that this sentiment encompasses all forms of play.. Your interpretation is that they will strictly apply this to everything.. Some of us clearly feel ranged combat would greatly benefit from homing auto attacks allowing more movement in combat.. Still taking nothing away from "skillful" click combat for everything else. Positioning is important, and all the stand time in this game just makes combat feel clunky and slow to some.

@LordSkykal said in "Fight the good fight!":

@Tuoni You have to keep in mind that there are sync problems at the moment, which according to dynamight should be fixed in further patches and that many players play with too high a latency, which affects this.

Sure but @Tuoni is speaking to the mechanics of positioning as a ranged user while having to aim auto attacks/chip damage.. This by itself, is extremely clunky.. Latency as you mentioned surely exaggerates things, but the issue is with the core mechanics of having to choose between movement and chip damage as a ranged user.. Kinda goes against being ranged.

@LordSkykal said in "Fight the good fight!":

@Tuoni You have to keep in mind that there are sync problems at the moment, which according to dynamight should be fixed in further patches and that many players play with too high a latency, which affects this.

It is true that there is sync problems like there is other lag issues and ping differencies as well. Those things makes the current situation even worse. However, the core problem is in the combat itself like @Vortech mentioned, especially in the ranged play. It is the use of mouse where you need to constantly jump between moving and shooting which makes e.g. kiting clunky and unpleasent. It does not need to be this way, it can be better.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured