Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt

Why do people like to use WoW when it is such a crappy example. There are games like WoW where a large part of success was due to timing.

Timing? Don't make me laugh 2004 -> 2018 still alive. not a question of timing but a good game design and marketing. I loved vanilla for example. Fractured is Demon vs Humans vs Beastmen somehow but in the end it's up to you. I just care to play with all races with a good alignment by defending lands from evil intents. And that will be possible!

Demons are born with a strongly negative Karma – and they can’t make it better on their home planet.

Arguing that is silly. It's like hoping for an Angel to live in Hell and for a Demon to live in Paradise. Silly lore wise. You can leave Tartaros and play the Demon somewhere else. Dreaming to play a good char (Angel for example) on Tartaros is no sense. If you care just about skins/look thingy is what ruins games. Like some crying out when they can't have something that's too hard to achieve or when is not possible due the game design.

alignment allows us to change our race's nature, but our race still gets specific buffs/rules for specific planets.

Not really true. The debuffs are just for evil Demons or Good beastmen. Most of the limitations/restrinctions are based on the alignement. Once you change your align you will be allowed to move freely. Once you became a good Demon (Angel) you will be rejected from Tartaros but you will be allowed to live on Arboreus. So your race restrincion drop off at that point. To me it looks perfect. Do you wanna play PvE and do you wanna play a Demon Char? Easy.. work hard to reedem it otherwise play another race 😉

I really don't get where you want end! Alignments debuffs/buffs influenced by plantes are really good (especially lore wise). If you want a game where all races/classes are the same I think you should go look somewhere else. I prefer games where you can feel unique. Fractured is doing that. Demons can be friend of humans and beastmen. Obviusly the karma should be the same. If you would like to be a friend of a good beastman as an Evil Demon that's no sense by me. Friends are those with the some purpose and Fractured is designed like that for what I get. If you are a Demon and you want be friend of a Beasman just redeem yourself, that's all I can say to you. There is no frienship behind different play styles and there should never change! I would never be friend (in game) of griefers/gankers for example.

I made a child guild to help out all Evil Demon/Players to redeem themself (for example) that should be an easier way to gather Demon planning to play PvE and at the same time help them out to get Neutral soon as possible with some kind of protection provided by Guild mates.

• @phaethonas Your quote seems to imply that most passive resource gathering on Tartaros is rare, and I wasn't disagreeing with that. What I'm hoping Tartaros will be rich for are big boss-like creatures that drop rare materials. Things that require a lot more effort and a lot more risk than just setting up a farm on Arboreus. But I'm just speculating, we'll have to see how it turns out.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@chrightt said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@finland
    Why do people like to use WoW when it is such a crappy example. There are games like WoW where a large part of success was due to timing. I know there are multiple games with 2 factions each with their own race, but those are games designed to pit faction against faction like WoW and Archeage. What I think Fractured is trying to do is actually different. There isn't two "factions" fighting against each other so there isn't any faction war either. This makes races weigh much more.

As I see it, "Demons are born with a strongly negative Karma – and they can’t make it better on their home planet." This means that they will always be strongly negative on Tartaros isn't that right? Doesn't this mean when other people come to Tartaros I'm just a prime target because, "However, other players can also do so against you, without consequences – such as being flagged as Thief or Murderer or losing Karma. In fact, they will gain Karma by getting the world rid of you!" when you are of evil alignment. Other than that I do see your point though, alignment allows us to change our race's nature, but our race still gets specific buffs/rules for specific planets.

Race is the faction unless you're trying to be an Angelic Demon. I see the game as Demons v Humans v Beastkin with humans being the 'neutral' faction.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Wow, this looks great. I've been waiting for an update for a while and this definitely gives us a lot to think about. What I particularly like is that you race doesn't necessarily completely prohibit you in terms of morality, and that even a demon with enough work put in could be Good.

Awesome article, thanks for this!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ametrys said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

and that even a demon with enough work put in could be Good.

Yeah that's the most awesome idea 😍.. transforming a Demon in to an Angel. I love that challange and I'll do one for sure. I suppose you too right?

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

If demon-angel gets a new skin, i want it!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@azazar yeah we will get it 😉

Prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

They earn new racial abilities and also change look quite radically - it's like belonging to a whole new race! As for real-world hours, offline time counts, yes.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This sounds like a really nice system for handling PVE & PVP!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland That is wrong. WoW did initially have a new and novel design for its era, but as time moved on, people now play WoW only because it was once famous. This is the same as how some people will continue to buy Final Fantasy games whether they turn out to be good or trash (like mobile versions of FF). WoW did have a very good start because of its novel concepts that was unseen before. However, you can't say that WoW's future updates are all to better the game itself. While initial game design is indeed good, it doesn't mean that WoW right now has good game design. Furthermore, for alignment in Fractured, it just means that no matter which alignment you choose you will end up having some sort of negative aspects on one planet or another. This leads to deterring people from visiting planets that are bad for them => decrease in actual exploration (or forces change of alignment). As far as I can see, even a beast with a good alignment on human planet still doesn't receive their beast buff. Therefore, it is NOT just alignment. Also, read comment below as well.
    @Jetah basically, I'm saying that sucks ass because I might want to play a demon while my friend might want to play a beastman. It is a pain in the ass if you have to get the same alignment and you still might end up with different bonuses due to planet.

Basically, you can have your opinion and I can have mine. If you think the game is good for you then just believe it that way. I'm stating out a lot of potential complaints and problems because I see further into the results. Simple as that. Well, I'm out, no use saying more.

@chrightt

From the interpretation of what’s given you and the friend will want to be the same type of race. Unless either of you wants to change your alignment. Human might be a good compromise.

@target said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@phaethonas Your quote seems to imply that most passive resource gathering on Tartaros is rare, and I wasn't disagreeing with that. What I'm hoping Tartaros will be rich for are big boss-like creatures that drop rare materials. Things that require a lot more effort and a lot more risk than just setting up a farm on Arboreus. But I'm just speculating, we'll have to see how it turns out.

Big bosses that drop rare materials not found at Tartaros otherwise.....the same Tartaros that is an FFA pvp planet? Doubtful

@finland said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@phaethonas said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@phaethonas I don't care about economy, I just care to kill stuff for example.

The irony of that comment is over 9000!

I, the "ganker", "the pvper who wants to ruin everyone game", care about the economy (and as such the game's success) and the defender of the care bears (Finland) cares only for killing stuff!!

Oh the irony! I adore irony.

Killing mobs = killing stuff. I have never said I dislike killing players. I enjoy arenas and battlegrounds. I mostly play moba and fps but I hate people like *** going to kill carebears.

This game is not for care-bears and it should not be for cear bears. If the devs try to cater to the care bears they will either fail or ultimately deliver something entirely different than what they wanted to make; An open world MMO, with three different planets, that will have different economies.

@phaethonas talents/abilities are not related to the gear like Albion this means you can fight naked. Good point to avoid grinding in a game where you can lose things. If the game will be unbalanced somehow well give the right feedback

The game is getting unbalanced and I am giving the right feedback, as proven by the support I am getting. You just don't agree with that. But yeah, we know who you are. You disagree with a lot of things about Fractured and you want it to be another game. You have outright and explicitly said so.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas I don't care about economy, I just care to kill stuff for example.

The irony of that comment is over 9000!

I, the "ganker", "the pvper who wants to ruin everyone game", care about the economy (and as such the game's success) and the defender of the care bears (Finland) cares only for killing stuff!!

Oh the irony! I adore irony.

Killing mobs = killing stuff. I have never said I dislike killing players. I enjoy arenas and battlegrounds. I mostly play moba and fps but I hate people like *** going to kill carebears.

This game is not for care-bears and it should not be for cear bears. If the devs try to cater to the care bears they will either fail or ultimately deliver something entirely different than what they wanted to make; An open world MMO, with three different planets, that will have different economies.

The game is for both, accept it or find another game 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas talents/abilities are not related to the gear like Albion this means you can fight naked. Good point to avoid grinding in a game where you can lose things. If the game will be unbalanced somehow well give the right feedback

The game is getting unbalanced and I am giving the right feedback, as proven by the support I am getting. You just don't agree with that. But yeah, we know who you are. You disagree with a lot of things about Fractured and you want it to be another game. You have outright and explicitly said so.

I have more players to my side than what you think and I'm not changin Fractured. I just wanna bring the balance. You can ask @Prometheus if you want. I'm givin my feedback. This is not a game for gankers, it is not the design of Fractured or to better say not Arboreus and Syndesia. Accept it and stop arguing or go somewhere else I think most of players are getting bored to read this. You are only thinking to your playstyle without care about the others. Tartaros is the place to go for killing spree accept it.

I have more players to my side than what you think and I'm not changin Fractured. I just wanna bring the balance. You can ask @Prometheus if you want. I'm givin my feedback and a game for gankers is not the design of fractured or at least not Arboreus and Syndesia. Accept it and stop arguing or go somewhere else I think most of players are getting bored to read this. You are only thinking to your playstyle without care about the others.

I have no idea how many support your ideas but I am 100% sure that you want to outright change core things about Fractured.

You have said so yourself!

https://i.imgur.com/ofjSSiV.png

As for "gankers", I have said many times that Fractured can't be a game for care bears. Some things are impossible. So, having a game with PvP, care bears and three different planets with different economies is impossible. It is not a matter of "playstyle" anymore. This is what you fail to understand. You have to remove at least one of the three aforementioned elements in order to succeed.

Currently, Fractured will fail because the economy will either lead Tartaros at being empty or the demons will band together and ravage Arboreus, which then will make the care bears cry.

The solutions are three;

1. remove pvp altogether and make the game only for care bears

2. at one planet, plentiful at another) and make all planets equal/same.

3. remove the restrictions at Arboreus, or rather loosen them. Yes, this will drive the care bears away, but as I have said before, not all pvers are care bears.

Anything else, will ultimately fail, one way or another.

You may not care, because you clearly haven't been sold on the concept of Fractured (which you want to change), but some of us like some of the concepts of Fractured and we would like to play this game. Not another game, not a "changed" game, THIS game.

@finland The game can't be for everyone!

Is it so hard for you to understand this? It is simple actually.

I want the exact opposite of what you want and you want the exact opposite of what I want.

As I have said before, everyone, the devs, the pvpers, the pvers, everyone, literally everyone, must make some compromises. But that doesn't work for everyone and everything, and all the times.

There are pvers that won't compromise, and they are called care bears. There are pvpers who won't compromise and are called "gankers". Fractured isn't a game for gankers as much as it isn't a game for care bears. Because to put it simply, Fractured wants to find the right solution and cater to both pvpers and pvers. To do so, compromises are needed. For both pvpers and pvers.

The only way to cater for both care bears and gankers, is if you remove a key concept of the game. The need for traveling between the three planets, aka remove the unique economic element of each planet.

But the devs clearly don't want that, they are building their game around that concept.

So, they have to compromise, make a stand and say; "Fractured is not for you care bears" and then add; "Fractured is not for you either gankers".

As long as they try to cater to everyone, they will fail. I have been saying this from day 1.

• @phaethonas said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

Big bosses that drop rare materials not found at Tartaros otherwise.....the same Tartaros that is an FFA pvp planet? Doubtful

Quoted again from the main site:

Not all resources are fine with being harvested. Fur, hides, bones, carapaces and several other key crafting components can only be obtained through PVE combat. If you’re an avid monster hunter, Tartaros will be your dreamland… or perhaps your worst nightmare.

In my opinion open world PvP is best when you're fighting for something; over a grind spot, to secure a boss kill, over a rare resource, etc. Tartaros can't just be a big pvp arena, there has to be something to do there that isn't hunting other players and sieges. Something to complement the PvP. It's a combat oriented planet and I'm hoping it will have the most rewarding combat oriented resource gathering.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You have said so yourself!

That was before read the last spotlight. And when I said I want to change was something more like I want let them avoid to fail. I'm giving good feedback to make a longevity game with a good population. Niche games with your wishes are a good way to kill a game. The is not out we have years to test it and give feedback. I think that we can try to have bot kind of payers playign togeter with the right restrinctions.

OFC my best wishes would be 2 servers 1 pve (with pvp flag system) and 1 pvp. But i'm not gonna force to change to it so get it. They said that the game would have been for both I'm just defending one side. you cna go for killing spree on Tartaros and go gathering on Arboreus end of the story.

remove the restrictions at Arboreus, or rather loosen them. Yes, this will drive the care bears away, but as I have said before, not all pvers are care bears.

a good way to kill the game.

The need for traveling between the three planets, aka remove the unique economic element of each planet.

I have never said to remove that needs. You can just travel to gather tho. You are missing the fact that the main purpose is that an not going to arboreus just to kill beasts. Like the purpose to play on Syndesia is the siege. Tartaros is the killing spree.

@finland

Eve Online is a niche game and it's grown over the past 15 years. it has a mix of pvp and pve. and it's possible to kill in high sec.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured