Fog of War

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I like the blank map idea. That way I know where I have been before lol. Hopefully we get the option to pin locations on the map so we can mark stuff for coming back later.

@Farlander said in Fog of War:

I like the blank map idea. That way I know where I have been before lol. Hopefully we get the option to pin locations on the map so we can mark stuff for coming back later.

a cartographer profession would be great too! i dont like fog of war though. this isn't an rts game.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Have not read the entire thread yet, but I kind of like the idea... But for night time/darkness. It would make raids at night pretty interesting. However, there would probably just be a meta of spam light sources everywhere

@Pluto said in Fog of War:

Have not read the entire thread yet, but I kind of like the idea... But for night time/darkness. It would make raids at night pretty interesting. However, there would probably just be a meta of spam light sources everywhere

fog is only good with RTS because of the amount of sight one has over the battlefield. Fractured can't zoom out to see the whole world in real time, so it isn't really needed. our sigh is limited by the resolution limits placed by the developers. unless there's a type of planetary defense (like the invasions on the beast planet) i dont think the same karma people need FoW.

Cartography as profession would only make sense if we would never be able to see the "map of territories" when we press M button UNLESS we charted out areas we visited ourselves, or bought a map from someone else who has that profession and has charted it.

However, I reckon there would be a blow back from the "mainstream" part of the community who wouldn't like not being able to see the map at all without significant time / money investment.

@Gothix said in Fog of War:

Cartography as profession would only make sense if we would never be able to see the "map of territories" when we press M button UNLESS we charted out areas we visited ourselves, or bought a map from someone else who has that profession and has charted it.

it'd be blank when you open the map. you'd have to wander around a little to get a sense of where you are. it would make invasions much harder too because you'd appear and have no idea where you were. now if you stole a map from someone (just making a copy) then you'd have more information to invade with.

However, I reckon there would be a blow back from the "mainstream" part of the community who wouldn't like not being able to see the map at all without significant time / money investment.

i'm open to both. it'd be neat to have a profession that creates maps and way points, point of interest, etc. it can be used as a way to show others intentions, like how to get to a mine or where a city is to invade. (basically it could be a notepad in game but with annotations on a map).

it's kind of ironic that a year+ ago i wanted it fog but now not so much. at least on the planet i start on. having invaders with fog would be neat.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured