Prometheus, did y'all disable mouse click emulation?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I used a program to simulate the left mouse click while playing Fractured, due to medical reasons caused by having to do this in UO for years. It destroyed the ligaments in my wrist and causes a lot of pain. Fractured started causing it to hurt again after all these years (it's why I love games that use WASD). Well, now it no longer works in Fractured. ONLY Fractured has the problem. If this is the case, I'm afraid I'll no longer be able to play. It just causes too much pain. Imagine bees being in your wrist stinging the crap out of it. If it's not the case, then I'll try something else.
    Thanks

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Scortch can't tell you for sure what was done, but I will add a speculation, that there will be meassures introduced to game as it evolves to prevent, up to some extent, an automation that can be abused by BOTs for automated play purposes.

And, even if this perhaps "sounds cruel", the reaility is that thousands of bots can do a lot more damage to the game, then loosing a few players that can't play in non automated way due to medical reasons.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Oh, I totally get that and understand that. UO suffered the same problem. We need to be able to have some control over key assignment built into the game or something though. That way it is handled by the game.

Carpel tunnel and other serious injuries, such as mine, as a result of a year or so in UO with the very same problem, is very real and anything the dev team can do to help would be great.

I'm just trying to raise a concern for the players out there, so others don't suffer the same fate.

All this program did was simply reassign a key of my choosing, to simulate a left mouse click

@Scortch said in Prometheus, did y'all disable mouse click emulation?:

anything the dev team can do to help would be great.
    I'm just trying to raise a concern for the players out there, so others don't suffer the same fate.

I totally agree with you Scortch, they need to have a fix for this... and thankfully....

Prometheus has already stated that they are already working on an auto-movement piece and will for sure have this in before the next alpha test along with some other QoL that are needed in the current game.

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/194759

• @Gothix
    Well, I don't think adding a button that simulates pressing LMB/RMB interferes with that at all. I have a fairly cheap mouse that can set MB4/5 to do a variety of actions, including what OP wants.

@Razvan said in Prometheus, did y'all disable mouse click emulation?:

@Gothix
    Well, I don't think adding a button that simulates pressing LMB/RMB interferes with that at all. I have a fairly cheap mouse that can set MB4/5 to do a variety of actions, including what OP wants.

I guess workaround for players can then be buying such fairly cheap mouse. 🙂
    Its always better, if software has the least possible playing automations imo.

I like the idea of being able to configure your key bindings. Most games have it. Being able to setup your movement to keys rather than the mouse would be a nice implementation.

Game will definitely have ability to reconfigure keybindings. 🙂

However, even if I would also personally enjoy ability to use movement keys (in addition to mouse movement), devs have already stated that mouse movement is the core of game and will not be changed (there were several discussion threads about this topic already).

However rest of the key bindings and ability bar shortcuts, will definitely be reconfigurable (also confirmed).

Game just needs to reach a stage where this part of game will be developed, in one of following stages.

• @Gothix
    Hmm, wait what? Was it ever possible to move with WASD? I thought the thread was about locking LMB so you can move without having the mouse button pressed all the time.

@Razvan said in Prometheus, did y'all disable mouse click emulation?:

Hmm, wai

I think you mis-read Gothix's message. We have never been able to have WASD movement, and the devs have said that they will not implement it (until forced to). Gothix merely stated that he would "personally enjoy" being able to have WASD, but he knows they won't.

Keybindings will strictly be for re-assigning the keys to the actions that are already able to be used by pressing a key. S-ocial, I-nventory, C-raft, Hotbar keys, etc.

And they are suppose to have an "auto-lock" piece of some type added for movement in the next test stage which will auto-mate the mouse button being clicked for movement while moving. What technique they will use, has yet to be stated. They have only stated that they will implement one.

Yeah, WSAD was never possible. It was stated that allowing such movement isn't planned.

As Ostaff noticed, I merely commented on possibly of enjoying having such option if it was ever introduced. 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I did use a small plastic piece that I put between the mouse buttons to make sure the left one was always being pressed.
    I could even chat and move mouse to... so for trading was excellent

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured